Snack time:Experimenting with plain yogurt..

amrchaos

Pentheus torn apart
Nov 1, 2008
Miami
I do not like plain yogurt. By itself, it reminds me of spoiled milk. I always wondered why diets treat it and cottage cheese as fillers when they are required taste plain.

So I decided, plain yogurt, by itself, is a no no!

However, I love plain yogurt with sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, blueberries , strawberries, bananas etc..

Its magical stuff! When stirred with the right ingredients its a wonderful dessert. Its creamy and tasty, although fattening if you ban non-fat products like I do! (I find some non-fat products less flavorful).

Buy flavored yogurt? No way! With plain yogurt, I can control the mixture! No need to dig to the bottom of a cup when you have fresh fruit to pile on top!
As much as you like as well. Graham crackers and bananas--can not find that on any grocery ailse, but you can make it quickly at home.

What do you like to mix in plain yogurt? Is there a brand name you think I should try? Open to all suggestions!!

Yes it becomes a good vehicle/protein source for berries, currants, other fruit like peaches, even nuts/cereals. Good wholesome snack.

Plain yogurt is hard to find in anything but a large size, which becomes a problem if you don't consume it fast enough. However it does have another use --- as a base for a curry sauce. :thup:

Just use it as a sour cream substitute for dishes that otherwise bust your diet like beef stroganoff.

I do not like plain yogurt. By itself, it reminds me of spoiled milk. I always wondered why diets treat it and cottage cheese as fillers when they are required taste plain.

So I decided, plain yogurt, by itself, is a no no!

However, I love plain yogurt with sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, blueberries , strawberries, bananas etc..

Its magical stuff! When stirred with the right ingredients its a wonderful dessert. Its creamy and tasty, although fattening if you ban non-fat products like I do! (I find some non-fat products less flavorful).

Buy flavored yogurt? No way! With plain yogurt, I can control the mixture! No need to dig to the bottom of a cup when you have fresh fruit to pile on top!
As much as you like as well. Graham crackers and bananas--can not find that on any grocery ailse, but you can make it quickly at home.

What do you like to mix in plain yogurt? Is there a brand name you think I should try? Open to all suggestions!!

Replace your sugar with Honey...

Forum List

Back