Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Occassionally, but not regularly

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Never. No Interest

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Other

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters
did anyone answer my question about what smoking pot does to their lungs?

Don't think it does much since (a) it's in there far less time than tobacco smoke would be and (b) it's (presumably) not sprayed with carcinogenic shit and (hopefully) not wrapped in paper bleached white with chlorine. Also smoking is not the only way to ingest it.
I did think of that (not smoking it), but I heard somewhere that it was worse for you lungs than cigs

Even if they were the same thing -- they're obviously not -- but even if they were a cigarette smoker will imbibe in 10, 20, 40 or even more cigarettes a day. Even if you rolled joints, in chlorine-bleached paper, it would be impossible and pointless to smoke that many joints.

And then there's the path of processing. Tobacco's grown for corporate profit, which means it's indiscriminately sprayed with herbicides, insecticides and Lorillard knows what else. Then it's shipped to Big Tobacco who dumps untold other chemicals in there, before it's finally rolled up in chlorine paper. That path doesn't exist in cannabis with the exception of the chlorine paper which is user-optional.

Finally there's the matter of efficiency. Since cannabis smoking has a specific purpose, how many intakes are necessary is limited (whereas tobacco is not --- it's ongoing addiction that is never satisfied). That means a cigarette smoker will take -- I dunno -- ten? twenty? more? puffs from a single cigarette, whereas cannabis may require--- five? depending on efficiency. In the aforementioned hash under glass method, there's no paper involved and all you do is inhale ambient smoke, and it probably requires no more than two intakes. So the scale of smoke intake is vastly different.

I suspect it's far more hazardous to simply be in a room where other people are smoking tobacco, even if one does not smoke oneself, than to directly ingest a joint.

Last edited:

Tar in tobacco causes cancer. These carcinogens are need in weed. The same risks aren’t present.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
So does the heat of the smoke entering the lungs. Remember the first time you ever smoked ANYTHING ? It was the heat that made you cough

And I understand that it inflames the tissues in the lungs.
Yup. Edibles are where its at.

Tip from the voice of experience --- do it on an empty stomach. Not for dessert.

Have you ever?
Do you regularly?

What are the pros/cons?
If you don't like it, why? If you DO like it why?

If you do, do you worry about your lung damage as a tobacco smoker would?
I was a toker but gave it up before my daughter was born, 30+ years ago.

It was a benign and very social thing and heightened experiences, e.g., original Star Wars movie and concerts. I was too young to worry about any long term effects.

I've been toking 40 years and it never stopped me from doing the same things in life nonsmokers do..I still breathe well enough to do heavy labor, ride a bike, have sex but fuck running a marathon..

Don't think it does much since (a) it's in there far less time than tobacco smoke would be and (b) it's (presumably) not sprayed with carcinogenic shit and (hopefully) not wrapped in paper bleached white with chlorine. Also smoking is not the only way to ingest it.
I did think of that (not smoking it), but I heard somewhere that it was worse for you lungs than cigs

Even if they were the same thing -- they're obviously not -- but even if they were a cigarette smoker will imbibe in 10, 20, 40 or even more cigarettes a day. Even if you rolled joints, in chlorine-bleached paper, it would be impossible and pointless to smoke that many joints.

And then there's the path of processing. Tobacco's grown for corporate profit, which means it's indiscriminately sprayed with herbicides, insecticides and Lorillard knows what else. Then it's shipped to Big Tobacco who dumps untold other chemicals in there, before it's finally rolled up in chlorine paper. That path doesn't exist in cannabis with the exception of the chlorine paper which is user-optional.

Finally there's the matter of efficiency. Since cannabis smoking has a specific purpose, how many intakes are necessary is limited (whereas tobacco is not --- it's ongoing addiction that is never satisfied). That means a cigarette smoker will take -- I dunno -- ten? twenty? more? puffs from a single cigarette, whereas cannabis may require--- five? depending on efficiency. In the aforementioned hash under glass method, there's no paper involved and all you do is inhale ambient smoke, and it probably requires no more than two intakes. So the scale of smoke intake is vastly different.

I suspect it's far more hazardous to simply be in a room where other people are smoking tobacco, even if one does not smoke oneself, than to directly ingest a joint.
Another beauty of "hash under glass" is the fact that there's no heat.It's a small smoldering chip under a cold glass often on a cold kitchen counter. You arent sucking flames. That's why many of us iced our bongs. Cool that shit down.

Have you ever?
Do you regularly?

What are the pros/cons?

For males, smoking anything including pot is just indicative of low education. These boyz are putting themselves and anyone they influence at risk of lung cancer.

For females, smoking anything is merely copycatting males. It's not sexy. It's d y k e.
That's funny...
In college I used pot to help me through the concepts during my Calculus courses. Not a boy either...turn 53 in a month.
Not buying into whole uneducated crap. In fact your comment actually seems very grounded in ignorance and makes assumptions of behavior.
I would not have used it for calculus dampened logic for me. I would have used it for creative writing though!

Have you ever?
Do you regularly?

What are the pros/cons?

For males, smoking anything including pot is just indicative of low education. These boyz are putting themselves and anyone they influence at risk of lung cancer.

For females, smoking anything is merely copycatting males. It's not sexy. It's d y k e.
That's funny...
In college I used pot to help me through the concepts during my Calculus courses. Not a boy either...turn 53 in a month.
Not buying into whole uneducated crap. In fact your comment actually seems very grounded in ignorance and makes assumptions of behavior.
I would not have used it for calculus dampened logic for me. I would have used it for creative writing though!
I did missile science whilst high no biggie..

`
`

I grow my own. It's actually a science. Get nice buds so thick in THC oil, it drips. Aside from that, one can use it for trading and barter.

No more science than any other plant. Provide Cannabis with an ideal climate similar to sub-tropical. Phosphorous-heavy fertilizer, water, loose loam soil, lots of Sun, heavy UV, get rid of male plants and parts, trim as desired to maximize female flowers. If there is any science involved, it is in knowing how to produce the best decarboxylation during drying and curing to convert the most delta-8 to delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol.

`
`

I grow my own. It's actually a science. Get nice buds so thick in THC oil, it drips. Aside from that, one can use it for trading and barter.

No more science than any other plant. Provide Cannabis with an ideal climate similar to sub-tropical. Phosphorous-heavy fertilizer, water, loose loam soil, lots of Sun, heavy UV, get rid of male plants and parts, trim as desired to maximize female flowers. If there is any science involved, it is in knowing how to produce the best decarboxylation during drying and curing to convert the most delta-8 to delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol.
Back off with the info! Leave the idiots idiots and we proffit.

Tar in tobacco causes cancer. These carcinogens are need in weed. The same risks aren’t present.

So does the heat of the smoke entering the lungs. Remember the first time you ever smoked ANYTHING ? It was the heat that made you cough

I have no doubt weed smoke or harmful to your health.

There are lots of carcinogens in tobacco, and marijuana does have carcinogens in it, as well.

Does it now. Please, specify.

Typo marijuana does NOT....

`
`

Back off with the info! Leave the idiots idiots and we proffit.

Sorry, I neither grow, sell or smoke the stuff. I just know basic chemistry and botany.

Have you ever?
Do you regularly?

What are the pros/cons?

That's funny...

As a writer, I agree with Stephen King: the "creative need" to ingest drugs is bullshit. If you're good, you are. If you aren't, drugs won't change that.

Did it for a few years long time ago. Stopped many years ago.
giphy.gif

Forum List

Back