Smart TVs WITHOUT Alexa?

ActionJackson

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 31, 2023
Utah
I'm in search of a new, 55" Smart TV that doesn't come with Alexa built in. So far, every television I've reviewed on Amazon does come with that intrusive feature, which I simply don't want or need. Does anyone have any good suggestions?

I'm in search of a new, 55" Smart TV that doesn't come with Alexa built in. So far, every television I've reviewed on Amazon does come with that intrusive feature, which I simply don't want or need. Does anyone have any good suggestions?
if you need to get one with alexa just get some playdo or clay putty and find the microphone hole and pack it full..

it will never hear a word you say,,

As to your Signature Line: How many children, women and men are killed for the First Amendment; How many children, women and men have been killed by the 2nd A. (shall not be infringed)!!!?
or you could also ask how many children have been saved by the 2nd A/ guns???

I bet that number is far higher,,

As to your Signature Line: How many children, women and men are killed for the First Amendment; How many children, women and men have been killed by the 2nd A. (shall not be infringed)!!!?
This has ZERO to do with the topic of the thread. And no gun on earth has ever killed anyone. Evil people kill people and they'll find a way to do it with or without a gun.

I've got a 3-4 yr old Samsung 4K 50" or 55"? No idea if has Alexa or not?

I got a Walmart TCL ROKU 42"? No idea.

I dont worry about it. Aint nobody got time fo dat!

I fully agree! But do you have any suggestions concerning an Alexa-free TV? Do they even exist?
There really is not a reason for them not to exist at this point as they are simple software requiring no additional cost to bundle them in for the manufacturer and it alleviates installation problems on the user's end. The security concern is not with Alexa but rather voice commands period as they all work the exact same way. Alexa is just a single avenue for that to happen.

I would suggest just disabling the microphone as it is easy to find with internet resource and also simply not agreeing to the terms of use when you first set up the TV. Legally, none of those devices or programs will interact with you if you do not actually agree to the terms and conditions.

Also, most of those televisions will give you the option to remove or disable those programs.

Honestly, removing the security concerns is more likely a better option as you will not have to skimp on quality with an extremly narrow set of options. Sure, it would be nice if everyone stopped purchasing this budled crap so that we have more power over our consumer options but reality just does not work like that. People, it turns out, do not care for the most part so there is no turning this trend back. We just have to work around it.

Another option, the one I use, is to simply own a dumb TV and run it with your computer. Computers give your home entertainment system a LOT more options, flexibility and power over how you use it. Setup is much more difficult though, particularly because your computer is rarely near the TV you want to run, but it is much more satisfying. Then again, I run a projector so I can have a 13' screen :D

There really is not a reason for them not to exist at this point as they are simple software requiring no additional cost to bundle them in for the manufacturer and it alleviates installation problems on the user's end. The security concern is not with Alexa but rather voice commands period as they all work the exact same way. Alexa is just a single avenue for that to happen.

I would suggest just disabling the microphone as it is easy to find with internet resource and also simply not agreeing to the terms of use when you first set up the TV. Legally, none of those devices or programs will interact with you if you do not actually agree to the terms and conditions.

Also, most of those televisions will give you the option to remove or disable those programs.

Honestly, removing the security concerns is more likely a better option as you will not have to skimp on quality with an extremly narrow set of options. Sure, it would be nice if everyone stopped purchasing this budled crap so that we have more power over our consumer options but reality just does not work like that. People, it turns out, do not care for the most part so there is no turning this trend back. We just have to work around it.

Another option, the one I use, is to simply own a dumb TV and run it with your computer. Computers give your home entertainment system a LOT more options, flexibility and power over how you use it. Setup is much more difficult though, particularly because your computer is rarely near the TV you want to run, but it is much more satisfying. Then again, I run a projector so I can have a 13' screen :D
Thank you. Very helpful and informative.

You can try entering the following into your search window:
+"55 inch" +"smart TV" -"Alexa"

Or you can try
AllInText: +"55 inch" +"smart tv" -"Alexa"

Forum List

Back