Small Pox

pete

The food stamp president
Oct 31, 2008
So its no longer a threat and we have a supply large enough to treat everyone in the country so ...

Scientists are questioning a $433 million government contract for a smallpox drug they say the country doesn't need, amid concerns over the way the project was secured for a firm tied to a Democratic donor.

The Los Angeles Times reported over the weekend that U.S. officials took unusual steps to award the contract to Siga Technologies. Democratic donor Ronald Perelman has the controlling share of the company.

The article cited emails showing the Obama administration replaced the lead negotiator on the project following complaints from Siga -- Siga was apparently concerned about the government's objections to how much money Siga would make off the deal.

Earlier, in December, the government also reportedly blocked other companies from bidding on the contract in a second round.

Read more: Questions Arise Over $433M Smallpox Drug Contract To Company Tied To Dem Donor | Fox News

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Obama turned the US Presidency into the biggest money laundering scheme on the planet

Another example of corporate greed corrupting the government. We're supposed to have government by the people, not people buying the government.

Yeah, well, we had TB virtually erradicated as well.

Smallpox still exists over seas, and therefore is still a threat. And there are some populations HERE that are still very, very susceptible to it...

Smallpox still exists over seas, and therefore is still a threat. And there are some populations HERE that are still very, very susceptible to it...

My understanding is that the only 2 places in the world small pox exists is in Moscow at the their bioweapons lab Biopreparat and in Atlanta in a Level IV facility at the CDC.

My understanding is that the only 2 places in the world small pox exists is in Moscow at the their bioweapons lab Biopreparat and in Atlanta in a Level IV facility at the CDC.

What we are talking about is the more virulent strain of smallpox. That particular strain has been eradicated. We believe. However, I have to disagree with the statement in the article I just referenced above about keeping the virus so an vaccination could be made if needed. The smallpox vaccination was made from cow pox. But is now made from vaccinia which is in the same family as cow pox..

Last edited:

You haven't seen my daughter's room, obviously.

Hazmat suits required.

Interesting.......We are seeing more and more of the high dollar wasteful spending from our government at a time we can least afford it.

Very true. And we are seeing fewer and fewer "watchdog journalists", pointing out the obvious misuses of taxpayer money. $443 million dollars to a Democrat donor's company to buy a drug to treat a disease that was eradicated in 1978 and the MSM so far says nothing.

Another reason our borders should be tightened

Obama turned the US Presidency into the biggest money laundering scheme on the planet

It was no better under the GOP.

Show one time where Bush forced a federal agency to guarantee loans to cronies for a company that went bankrupt right after the principals hosted a fundraiser for him.

Just one example.

Thank you.
How many businesses/corporations given money (not even loaned money) from TARP failed?

Forum List

Back