slingshots , does anyone shoot them ??

yep , the Douk Douk is neat , odd and its a good knife for those that like to carry a knife MOJO . Same with the Mercator KAT , I got both in regular steel rather than stainless . I still like my other pocket knives but the DOUK is in my pocket most of the time along with a tiny little COPENHAGEN badged , American made Schrade I got 20 years ago . I got 2 of those Schrades at the time , 5 bucks a piece [about] !!

I'm not really a knife guy. I have a neck knife and a $1.99 Walmart chisel grind folder. But i'm looking at getting a survival blade.

Full tang, drop point, thick (1/4") 90 degree spine, 440C or other good steel that will take and hold an edge. Carbon is good but stainless will work.

On the low end I see the M-Tech MT 086. Around $16.00

On the high end there are the BK-7 or BK9, but as I'm just getting started I might just "settle" (that's a fine place to settle!) on a Cold Steel Bushman. Around $30.00

Last edited:
I like the Kabar Beckers , especially the big bowie but I got the kabar navy / usmc fighting knife and sheath . Big enough for me but still too big for everyday carry unless in the woods or in my backpack . Pocket knives , I've always had one or two on me , used to be tactical but lately I'm going back to traditional . I want a Tideboute WHALER or LUMBERJACK just fer grins .

Last edited:

Forum List

Back