slingshots , does anyone shoot them ??

I bought my boys wrist rockets before I bought them bb guns.

The wrist rockets were more destructive.

oh yeah , I supose that they were . Bigger ammo for the slingshot equals bigger hit , more power . I still haven't bought , still thinking . Just bought a new KABAR fighting knife , Navy markings but same as USMC fighting knife . Nice knife , better than my wifes high end german [or swiss] chefs knife of the same size .

Last edited:
I bought my boys wrist rockets before I bought them bb guns.

The wrist rockets were more destructive.

depends on what you mean by destructive

they certainly can be more dangerous

around this home neither are a toy

we cast our own lead for the wristrockets

oh yeah , I supose that they were . Bigger ammo for the slingshot equals bigger hit , more power . I still haven't bought , still thinking . Just bought a new KABAR fighting knife , Navy markings but same as USMC fighting knife . Nice knife , better than my wifes high end german [or swiss] chefs knife of the same size .

looking for a good tactical knife

one with stopping power

WASP Injection Systems Inc. - WASP Injection Knife

pretty neat Jon , I like it . Be effective on a bear or mountain lion I suppose if you are forced to do hand to teeth combat . Firearm for sure but this would be a good backup . Iimagine it is lethal 100% of the time . I'll let you know if I get one , I can see everyday carry , maybe !!

Try your hand at an atlatl...legal for deer hunting in Missouri.

Relatively easy to build yourself.

thanks for the link

some time back i watched a couple of weeks of this reality show

that put some folks back to the stone age

the people had pretty bad luck finding food

so the producers introduced one of those things

they killed an elk with one

i'm just getting interested in SLINGSHOTS for small game like rabbit , squirrels , birds plus targets . Home made or nice ones for 25 to 100 dollarson the net .

I just began watching vids by PREPAREDMIND101 on YouTube and then he alluded to vids by Bill Hayes, I think it is, who is the best at shooting slingshots I've ever seen!

Then I saw the dave canterbury conceived SlingBow...a slingshot with the ability to hunt larger game using special full length arrows.

All of this I'd do to prepare for a SHTF scenario.

got 2 new knives , my KABAR a few weeks ago and just yesterday I picked up a DOUK DOUK [French] and a KAT knife [german] . Nice , cheap , quality steel , odd , neat , single blade so it is thin and like I said cheap and about 3 and a half inches on the blade . Old knives at about 60 and 100 years in production if I recall .

Home-Made "Nice Ones?"

What does that mean?

The reason I ask is because I've brought camping slingshots and steel pellets specifically used as ammunition for my slaves to use to amuse themselves. After setting up my tent and gear, making a fire, and beginning dinner, I give them a can, sling, and shot, and sit back to watch them miss the target again and again until moving it closer and closer. At about a foot away, they finally succeed in hitting it.
Much like barebow archery it takes awhile to cultivate instinctual skill with a slingshot. I have a Wrist Rocket but I've never been able to develop reliable accuracy with it beyond four or five yards.

Takes practice. But the Wrist Rocket with surgical tubing bands and #00 steel shot is a formidable small game hunting weapon in the right hands.

hey Moonglow , I've looked at the wristrockets and they look pretty good . I never used one though and I like these wooden ones in the link that I posted just above .
The design component that adds power to the Wrist Rocket is the yoke that rides on the upper wrist enabling the shooter to pull substantially more draw weight and hold a steady aim. It's a significant advantage.

oh yeah , I supose that they were . Bigger ammo for the slingshot equals bigger hit, more power .[...]
The bigger (heavier) the projectile the less velocity it achieves. And velocity is critical for distance, trajectory, impact energy, and penetration.

I was impressed by this review of it (from your link).

4-0-star.png

Chase
Florida
Mar 20, 2014
Pros: Blade Material, Overall Quality, Handle Feel, Weight, Handle Material, Blade Sharpness
Cons: None
Like a best friend
I bought this knife from knifecenter a year or so ago, at the recommendation of my brother. He loves his. At first sight, I was unsure about its not having a lock, but I was immediately surprised (and relieved) at the strength of the entire knife. The slip-joint HOLDS the blade both open and closed with AUTHORITY. The handle is a very solid, and fairly thick, single piece of steel. I have no worries whatsoever that it will close on my hand unexpectedly, and it will be impossible for it to accidentally open in-pocket. As for the blade itself, I have no explanation for just how sharp it gets. Its edge is terrifying. In fact, I shave with it once in a while just to say I did it. In short, this knife is extra-strong, extra-sharp, and extra-affordable. Get three and stow them where your life depends on it. Thanks again, Knifecenter, for the best prices and the unusual variety!

Home-Made "Nice Ones?"

What does that mean?

The reason I ask is because I've brought camping slingshots and steel pellets specifically used as ammunition for my slaves to use to amuse themselves. After setting up my tent and gear, making a fire, and beginning dinner, I give them a can, sling, and shot, and sit back to watch them miss the target again and again until moving it closer and closer. At about a foot away, they finally succeed in hitting it.
Much like barebow archery it takes awhile to cultivate instinctual skill with a slingshot. I have a Wrist Rocket but I've never been able to develop reliable accuracy with it beyond four or five yards.

Takes practice. But the Wrist Rocket with surgical tubing bands and #00 steel shot is a formidable small game hunting weapon in the right hands.

Instructional videos on how to aim a slingshot.

And here is Bill Hays cutting playing cards with a slingshot!!!

yep , the Douk Douk is neat , odd and its a good knife for those that like to carry a knife MOJO . Same with the Mercator KAT , I got both in regular steel rather than stainless . I still like my other pocket knives but the DOUK is in my pocket most of the time along with a tiny little COPENHAGEN badged , American made Schrade I got 20 years ago . I got 2 of those Schrades at the time , 5 bucks a piece [about] !!

Forum List

Back