Skip Gates & The Cambridge Police: Town & Gown

I shouldn't encourage you to be so mani -like as to require all your own self started threads for every topic, however ...

Your title, Town and Gown, is quite appropriate. This has more to do with class than race.

I suspect you're quite right. Had this Black man a nobody, he'd have gone to jail and been found guilty by the courts, too.

What would his crime have been? Being an uppity-citizen to a cop.

Cops get called names all the time. I don't think this cop was acting in a racist manner but he probably didn't appreciate being accused of being one by an uppity nigra.

Wish we had a tape of the incident to really KNOW what happened.

Bottom line....... Gates is a punk asshole and now the world knows it. I'm so bored with the black victim mindset, you have to handle them with kids gloves or the bullshit race card gets thrown all over the place.......... fuck them, I don't care to have anything to do with these whiny ass shit heads. My ancestors were enslaved by the British, I couldn't give a shit........ but then again, I haven't been trained all of my life to use that pussy excuse for uncivilized behavior. That clown should have been tazed........ numerous times, until he pissed and shit his pants.

Generally, yelling at cops will result in a disorderly conduct charge. Just that when I did it I wasn't a black Harvard professor and couldn't get the charges dropped because of the race card.

Bottom line....... Gates is a punk asshole and now the world knows it. I'm so bored with the black victim mindset, you have to handle them with kids gloves or the bullshit race card gets thrown all over the place.......... fuck them, I don't care to have anything to do with these whiny ass shit heads.

Exactly, the guy is screaming and calling him a racist and in general being an asshole. Ok, according to the police report, a neighbor saw someone forcing a door open and there's been a break in attempt previously at the home and the cops show up according to the report. Yeah that's really racism ::face palms::. I'm sick of this shit too, I get disgusted at work or when i went to school, holding blacks to the same standards as every other employee was "racist" or "it's because I'm black" and then start off on a racist ass tirade.

SableRay - cops in the US are very aware of the number of firearms in private hands and the first thing on their mind in any police - citizen encounter is their own safety (naturally). This heightened awareness of potential danger is what shapes many officer - citizen encounters.
If the cop thought Gates had a gun I doubt he would have followed him into the house at Gates' invitation. It seems pretty clear that the officer never felt he was in physical danger and it seems clear that he knew very early on that Gates was who he said he was.

I'd even venture he knew that before demanding ID from Gates. Two arrogant men in pissy moods meet up and clash. The one without the badge and the gun goes to jail, even though he was in his own home.

I shouldn't encourage you to be so mani -like as to require all your own self started threads for every topic, however ...

Your title, Town and Gown, is quite appropriate. This has more to do with class than race.

I suspect you're quite right. Had this Black man a nobody, he'd have gone to jail and been found guilty by the courts, too.

Cops get called names all the time. I don't think this cop was acting in a racist manner but he probably didn't appreciate being accused of being one by an uppity nigra.
Wish we had a tape of the incident to really KNOW what happened.
I read that there might be tapes of the radio conversations that were transmitted at the time.

Bottom line....... Gates is a punk asshole and now the world knows it. I'm so bored with the black victim mindset, you have to handle them with kids gloves or the bullshit race card gets thrown all over the place.......... fuck them, I don't care to have anything to do with these whiny ass shit heads. My ancestors were enslaved by the British, I couldn't give a shit........ but then again, I haven't been trained all of my life to use that pussy excuse for uncivilized behavior. That clown should have been tazed........ numerous times, until he pissed and shit his pants.
I'm sure a lot of people here have that same sentiment in the backs of their minds. They just don't say it in those words because they don't want to appear like whiny crybaby fascist assholes.

I suspect you're quite right. Had this Black man a nobody, he'd have gone to jail and been found guilty by the courts, too

Just like I was for the same exact thing more or less. But then again I wasn't a race pimp and a black Harvard professor so I had to take my lumps.

No, disorderly conduct. According to the report he fit the definitions of disorderly conduct. Even though I will admit that I think the officer played a trick on him, but the moment he was yelling and causing a commotion in public he broke the law.

It is so strange that the cop did not recognize Mr. Gates after entering his home

How is that strange ?

The one without the badge and the gun goes to jail, even though he was in his own home.
Actually he was also being disorderly outside of his home too.
On his porch, possibly. After being tricked into going out there by the cop. I consider a porch part of one's home. The cop was up to no good. He should have left when his business there was done and gone back to doing his job.

Just like I was for the same exact thing more or less. But then again I wasn't a race pimp and a black Harvard professor so I had to take my lumps.
No, disorderly conduct. According to the report he fit the definitions of disorderly conduct. Even though I will admit that I think the officer played a trick on him, but the moment he was yelling and causing a commotion in public he broke the law.

Sounds like you think he deserved to get shit on by the cops because you were too.

Are you happy with cops being allowed to shit in people?

If you don't know what I am taliking about you have just proven your ignorance.

Skip Gates (whos' home I;ve been in -- delivering and setting up xmas trees) see's things through a prism of his experience as does the hack Police Officer (family Cambridge cops and Middlesex Sherrifs?).

I have more thana few stories about the Cambridge Police and their mindset--such as the time an Officer there made comments about Hispanics and pepper spray.

So does Obama, whose participation in this broohaha made it a national story:

USATODAY.com - Obama pays parking tickets 17 years late

Obama pays parking tickets 17 years late
E-mail | Save | Print |
BOSTON (AP) — Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama got more than an education when he attended Harvard Law School in the late 1980s. He also got a healthy stack of parking tickets, most of which he never paid.
The Illinois Senator shelled out $375 in January -- two weeks before he officially launched his presidential campaign -- to finally pay for 15 outstanding parking tickets and their associated late fees.

The story was first reported Wednesday by The Somerville News.

Obama received 17 parking tickets in Cambridge between 1988 and 1991, mostly for parking in a bus stop, parking without a resident permit and failing to pay the meter, records from the Cambridge Traffic, Parking and Transportation office show.

He incurred $140 in fines and $260 in late fees in Cambridge in all, but he paid $25 for two of the tickets in February 1990.

Jen Psaki, a spokeswoman for the Obama campaign, dismissed the tickets as not relevant.

"He didn't owe that much and what he did owe, he paid," Psaki said on Wednesday. "Many people have parking tickets and late fees. All the parking tickets and late fees were paid in full."...

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

The one without the badge and the gun goes to jail, even though he was in his own home.
Actually he was also being disorderly outside of his home too.
On his porch, possibly. After being tricked into going out there by the cop. I consider a porch part of one's home. The cop was up to no good. He should have left when his business there was done and gone back to doing his job.

Wow, an ultra elite, super dooper intelligent Hawvard professor being "tricked" by a dumb, racist, cracker cop.......... that's amazing.:lol::lol::lol:

Skip Gates (whos' home I;ve been in -- delivering and setting up xmas trees) see's things through a prism of his experience as does the hack Police Officer (family Cambridge cops and Middlesex Sherrifs?).

I have more thana few stories about the Cambridge Police and their mindset--such as the time an Officer there made comments about Hispanics and pepper spray.

E-mail | Save | Print |
BOSTON (AP) — Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama got more than an education when he attended Harvard Law School in the late 1980s. He also got a healthy stack of parking tickets, most of which he never paid.
The Illinois Senator shelled out $375 in January -- two weeks before he officially launched his presidential campaign -- to finally pay for 15 outstanding parking tickets and their associated late fees.

Obama received 17 parking tickets in Cambridge between 1988 and 1991, mostly for parking in a bus stop, parking without a resident permit and failing to pay the meter, records from the Cambridge Traffic, Parking and Transportation office show.

He incurred $140 in fines and $260 in late fees in Cambridge in all, but he paid $25 for two of the tickets in February 1990.

Jen Psaki, a spokeswoman for the Obama campaign, dismissed the tickets as not relevant.

"He didn't owe that much and what he did owe, he paid," Psaki said on Wednesday. "Many people have parking tickets and late fees. All the parking tickets and late fees were paid in full."...

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

That's pretty funny, Annie, that you suggest Obama stood up for Gates because of parking tickets he once had to pay.

Clearly you never tried to park in Cambridge. :lol:

E-mail | Save | Print |

That's pretty funny, Annie, that you suggest Obama stood up for Gates because of parking tickets he once had to pay.

Clearly you never tried to park in Cambridge. :lol:

I thought it so cute he waited just before his announcing candidacy to pay them. ;) He's a darlin'.

On his porch, possibly. After being tricked into going out there by the cop. I consider a porch part of one's home.

I think he was baited to go outside, but he made that choice and at that point he broke the law. And the porch is legally out in public. And the fact that he had drawn a crowd and making a nuisance of himself also supports his charge.

The cop was up to no good. He should have left when his business there was done and gone back to doing his job.

I think the professor was the one in the wrong, he's lucky this officer showed such restraint.

Sounds like you think he deserved to get shit on by the cops because you were too.

I don't think I was shat upon. I did what I was charged with and took responsibility for my actions. If I were a black Harvard professor I could've gotten out of the charge. He cried racism and got his way, it's a sad state that just because a black person cries racism they can get what they want or try to use it as leverage. Seen it all throughout my life, and frankly I'm sick of it.

Are you happy with cops being allowed to shit in people?

Well don't commit disorderly conduct and it won't become an issue, if the professor would've just shown him his id and shut his mouth , this wouldn't have happened. It's that siimple really.

Well don't commit disorderly conduct and it won't become an issue, if the professor would've just shown him his id and shut his mouth , this wouldn't have happened. It's that siimple really.
The professor did show his id. There is dispute as to whether the cop did.

I think Gates' behaved like a colossal ass but lots of people do and they don't go to jail. My take after reading the police report and the opinion of an innocent bystander is that the cop overstepped his authority.

I think that maybe had this cop been a racist, he would have let the insult roll off his back. But because he probably isn't and because he even teaches a course in racial profiling, I think being called a racist got under his skin. Add to that a bit of class tension - cop being working class and professor being an elite - you have potential for someone allowing his buttons to get pushed.

I think this arrest was motivated by revenge and nothing else.

I got into a discussion about this with a black guy at work, it ended when he accused all white people of being racist. He was an ignorant prick and I saw no reason to bother continuing the discussion.

If you think Dev cares what anyone believes he doesn't know then you don't know him very well. :lol:

:eusa_eh:

If you think he doesn't, then you really don't know shit about the d-bag. :lol:

This is where I'd normally expect old, Why-Can't-We-All-Just-Be-Friends-Ken to show up.

in a speedo. :lol:

mani, is not very bright. he's a degenarate gambler always looking for the fastest horse even when there is no race going on.

go figure
:eusa_whistle:

When they all meet at athe WH and have a beer together you will all still be left holding your dicks and your tits.

MAking a national issue out of a local cop pulls a power trip on an uppity snooty prof for political gain... whoooooeeee!

Forum List

Back