Skip Gates & The Cambridge Police: Town & Gown

Actually it shows how retarded you[DevNell] are, since I have infracted you on a couple of occasions. The retarded part is that you think people will actually believe that you didn't know that I am a moderator on ths board.

Epic fail on your part.

:clap2: :thup:

:rofl:

Last edited:
What is this thread merged too?
Crimson, don't let Devvy get you all riled up like that Officer Crowley was.

What is this thread merged too?
Crimson, don't let Devvy get you all riled up like that Officer Crowley was.

yeah. mani and whitey are trying to make me into some kind of Sharpton.

funny thing is, even mani knows CW is on teh wrong side of reality.

It appears
(or maybe I'm wrong) CW has a difficult time accepting praise from his superiors.

The retarded part is that you think people will actually believe that you didn't know that I am a moderator on ths board.

If you think Dev cares what anyone believes he doesn't know then you don't know him very well. :lol:

If you don't know what I am taliking about you have just proven your ignorance.

Skip Gates (whos' home I;ve been in -- delivering and setting up xmas trees) see's things through a prism of his experience as does the hack Police Officer (family Cambridge cops and Middlesex Sherrifs?).

I have more thana few stories about the Cambridge Police and their mindset--such as the time an Officer there made comments about Hispanics and pepper spray.

Town and Gown. There are no more bulldogs at Oxford.

I read the report, it's got a bit more information in it. It seems Gates was on his porch when he was going off - on his porch? Anyone know Massachusetts law on disorderly conduct? Can you be disorderly on your own premises?????

I read the report, it's got a bit more information in it. It seems Gates was on his porch when he was going off - on his porch? Anyone know Massachusetts law on disorderly conduct? Can you be disorderly on your own premises?????

Yes.

Yes.

link?

Under Mass law:

disorderly person is defined as one who:

with purpose to cause public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or
recklessly creates a risk thereof
engages in fighting or threatening, violent or tumultuous behavior, or
creates a hazard or physically offensive condition by any act which serves no legitimate purpose.
Conviction for Disorderly conduct in MA can be punishable by imprisonment for up to 6 months.

Disturbing the peace also falls under Chapter 272, with similar penalties. Some Massachusetts towns also have specific ordinances relating to disturbing the peace.

I am in different criminal courts across the state everyday, defending my clients rights and freedom. If you need someone on your side against the legal system, call me and I'll offer my experience and advice to you, with no obligation.

If you are charged with disorderly conduct, disturbing the peace or another criminal offense, call me now at my office in Dedham, MA at (781)326-2700, or my Brockton office to schedule your free first appointment now.

MGL CHAPTER 272. Mass General Laws, excerpt.

Section 53. Common night walkers, common street walkers, both male and female, common railers and brawlers, persons who with offensive and disorderly acts or language accost or annoy persons of the opposite sex, lewd, wanton and lascivious persons in speech or behavior, idle and disorderly persons, disturbers of the peace, keepers of noisy and disorderly houses, and persons guilty of indecent exposure may be punished by imprisonment in a jail or house of correction for not more than six months, or by a fine of not more than two hundred dollars, or by both such fine and imprisonment.

Massachusetts Disorderly Conduct Laws - MA Defense Lawyer - Mass Attorney Elliot Savitz

The joke is you'd be the first one to scream bloody murder if some cop came to your door without a warrant and demanded your ID and then charged you with disorderly conduct for telling him to piss off.

I'm still a bit confused about where a person has to be when they're acting in this manner. For example in my jurisdiction someone can only be arrested for disorderly behaviour if they're in a public place ("public place" has a long definitiion but it encompasses the normal places - in the street for example - and premises licensed under liquor laws and any place to which the public are admitted for fee or free). You can go nuts in your own home and that's not disorderly behaviour (luckily for me).

But if you're effing and blinding in your own home and it's heard from the street you can be arrested for doing so. Similarly if you're behaving in an indecent manner in your own home and it's visible from the street (eg a bloke exposing himself to passers-by from his window) you're going to get pinched.

btw I love the quaint wording in that statute, I'm seeing Pilgrim Fathers running around tut-tutting :lol:

Yes.

link?

Under Mass law:

creates a hazard or physically offensive condition by any act which serves no legitimate purpose.
Conviction for Disorderly conduct in MA can be punishable by imprisonment for up to 6 months.

Disturbing the peace also falls under Chapter 272, with similar penalties. Some Massachusetts towns also have specific ordinances relating to disturbing the peace.

I am in different criminal courts across the state everyday, defending my clients rights and freedom. If you need someone on your side against the legal system, call me and I'll offer my experience and advice to you, with no obligation.

If you are charged with disorderly conduct, disturbing the peace or another criminal offense, call me now at my office in Dedham, MA at (781)326-2700, or my Brockton office to schedule your free first appointment now.

Section 53. Common night walkers, common street walkers, both male and female, common railers and brawlers, persons who with offensive and disorderly acts or language accost or annoy persons of the opposite sex, lewd, wanton and lascivious persons in speech or behavior, idle and disorderly persons, disturbers of the peace, keepers of noisy and disorderly houses, and persons guilty of indecent exposure may be punished by imprisonment in a jail or house of correction for not more than six months, or by a fine of not more than two hundred dollars, or by both such fine and imprisonment.

Massachusetts Disorderly Conduct Laws - MA Defense Lawyer - Mass Attorney Elliot Savitz

The joke is you'd be the first one to scream bloody murder if some cop came to your door without a warrant and demanded your ID and then charged you with disorderly conduct for telling him to piss off.

A cop did come to my door and ask for my id. I gladly showed it to him. I even showed him the registration for our car, which looked like one involved in a murder in our neighborhood.

I would not tell the cops to "piss off" EVER. Nor would I insult their mothers, or tell them they were racist...etc.

link?

Under Mass law:

A cop did come to my door and ask for my id. I gladly showed it to him. I even showed him the registration for our car, which looked like one involved in a murder in our neighborhood.

I would not tell the cops to "piss off" EVER. Nor would I insult their mothers, or tell them they were racist...etc.
Bully for you. Who cares. That's not the issue being discussed.

It is so strange that the cop did not recognize Mr. Gates after entering his home. This is an elderly man not a person likely to break into a place. Aren't cops trained to judge people? Surely some of the cops training taught him how to handle situations like this. OOPS, probably not that many elderly people in situations like this. I guess he would not need training on how to deal with senior citizens.

SableRay - cops in the US are very aware of the number of firearms in private hands and the first thing on their mind in any police - citizen encounter is their own safety (naturally). This heightened awareness of potential danger is what shapes many officer - citizen encounters.

Forum List

Back