Sir Charles: NCAA should remove Final 4 from Indiana

Is reality a consideration?

Seriously.

How would anyone know that a potential customer is a homosexual? Aside from the gay wedding ceremony, of course.

If I have a restaurant and a gay man comes in - two gay men if you please. How would the restaurant owner know that they are homosexual? When traveling on business I frequently dine with another man, and I rarely give them blowjobs in public.

Do homosexuals carry conspicuous ID cards?

The only way anyone would know that a potential diner is homosexual is if the person employs highly affected mannerisms or dresses to advertise the fact - and such mannerisms and dress have NOTHING TO DO WITH one's sexual preferences.

And if a given business owner somehow ascertains that a potential client is homosexual and declines to do business with a homosexual on religious grounds, how much of a problem is that? Is there more than one photographer in Indiana? More than one event venue?

And even if a person is homosexual and proclaims that loudly to the restauranteur, what religion prohibits feeding "sinners"?

This is a COMPLETE non-issue, made critical by the usual army of umbrage takers.

DG makes a great point. We have a couple of restaurants and often have significant parties of let's -be-friends. We know they are gay and they know we know they are gay. It is obvious. But they are customers like any others and they come in to enjoy good seafood, and they are treated the same as any other customers, and guess what, they keep coming back. They have a good time. I have a lot more problem with customers that have had too much to drink. None of this bothers me or my wife a wit and if an employee were to say he or she will not wait on the gays without a valid reason(being groped for instance, which would get straight or gay thrown out) then that employee would have been shown the door. Respectful behavior breeds respectful behavior

So there is no hate in our behavior, there is no intolerance, there is no desire to do harm, there certainly is no fear.

Our opposition to gay marriage holding the same position as heterosexual marriage is a hybrid of religion and biology. I am not getting into the pros and cons here but showing how good people,can disagree in an honest way. Partisans who portray us as homophobes or Unenlightened only serve to make the problem worse(which I am sure is their aim). Believing that the foundations of culture are important does not make anyone anti-gay, and speaking in measured tones instead of shouts and rants does not make anyone less pertinent.

And none of it matters, other than threat others the way you wish to be treated.

Sure, secure a venue, arrange all the accommodations, hotels, meals, transportation in a week.

Seriously, people need to be in reality.

Heterosexuals take about a year to plan a wedding. Hell, picking a bridal gown is six months. Venues are NORMALLY a problem, as the popular ones book many, many months in advance, and that has to be coordinated with the church/preacher.

I don't believe in any of that nonsense, but that's grist for a whole 'nother thread.

Forum List

Back