Single Payer Healthcare = Raise Standard of Living & Liberty

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by Dystopia, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Dystopia

Dystopia BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Why so many people are upset with the idea of a National Single Payer Healthcare? Some would say it is a national takeover of healthcare. Some would say it would increase taxes. Fine, it is a national takeover of healthcare and my taxes would increase: so the tradeoff I would always have healthcare for the rest of my life.

Let us think about the possible benefit with a Single Payer Healthcare with my wages with my employer or possible employer. With someone working or not working, everyone has a Single Payer Healthcare. Therefore, someone that is making thousands of dollars or working at McDonalds have the same level of healthcare.

Right now, people stay with their employer because they cannot afford to lose their company insurance policy. Right now, women that are in a loveless marriage feel they have to stay with their husband because of their husbands company insurance. If everyone has a Single Payer Healthcare Insurance, everyone has more liberated to quit their job to venture to a new employer or become self employed that only creates new business and employment. If everyone has a Single Payer Healthcare Insurance, women and with some men, will feel they have greater liberty to get a divorce.

Therefore, a Single Payer Healthcare System would increase LIBERTY and increase the Standard of Living because employers would have to increase wages to keep their workers from leaving or starting their own business.

2. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    Yeah, right.

When has any full-blown monopoly on anything resulted in lower prices, more efficient service and the more freedom for anyone?

3. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    Never?

4. Dystopia

Dystopia BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Have you ever used the Federal Interstate System? Have you ever used the Federal Court System? Have you ever used the Federal Election System? Have you ever used the Federal Money?

Would you feel you have more liberty as an American Citizen if private business controlled the Interstate System? If we sold the Interstate System, the business can charge you to drive the highway or even if they want to reject you from travel.

Would you feel you have more liberty as an American Citizen if private business controlled the Federal Court System. If we sold the Federal Court System, the business can charge you to use the courts or even to reject your case or if you are under arrest reject your freedom.

Would you feel you have more liberty as an American Citizen if private business controlled the Federal Money? Would you really feel you have liberty if your money is connected to a business and there is thousands of different type of money being used.

Hint hint, the United States Military like the Army and the Navy we could sell that off too as that is a national government run program. What would Wal-Mart do if they purchased nuclear weapons and was able to sell them?

5. Oddball

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    Get real....The two are nowhere near analogous.

And the Fed money monopoly is, to a great extent, responsible for the financial mess we're currently in.

If you cannot come up with better examples, we'll just assume you don't have any.

6. Dystopia

Dystopia BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Kevin, how much are you charged to vote during the Presidential Election? If I am right, the government has a monopoly on the election of the President of the United States of America. So tell me, with this monopoly how much are you charged. Kevin please tell me how much you paid to vote in the monopoly in the Presidential Election of 2008? Please, tell me how much I would have to pay to vote?

Kevin, now tell me how much you think it would cost me to pay to vote for the President of the United States of America if businesses ran the election. Love to own a company to take care of the election of the President of the United States of America to break the monopoly of the government.

Kevin, can you tell me that businesses would be cheaper to run the election of the President of the United States of American then the government having a monopoly.

7. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    Well that depends on how much of my tax dollars went to fund those elections. The locations, the machines, the workers, the paper ballots, etc...

8. Oddball

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    IOW, he has no example. :lol:

9. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Neither of those 'benefits' has happened anywhere in the world with single payer. Therefore, your conclusion is, basically, crap.

10. driveby

driveby Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,325

ummmm, no ....

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1