Sincere answers only please, in alphabetical order: Arizona, California, Florida or Texas...

Arkansas is nice.

waterfall-Ozark-Mountains-Arkansas.jpg

GettyImages-177304232_high.jpg

fly_fish_buffalo_river_untitled_0243_0.JPG

LittleRockArkansas-d0408761ab6e49b2b769ecd989207203.jpg

AR%20Wafer%20Hot%20Springs.jpg

Arkansas_2.jpg

Mystic_Caverns003_1-scaled.jpg

You are always the same person, If you are a flaky paranoiac weirdo in Canada you will be the same anywhere you go. People are just as hard to get along with everywhere too. Make sure the problem isn't you first.
The problem is NOT me. If cowardly people in positions of power don't mess with others then life is fine. If the follow principles of due Process, transparency and accountability then life is fine. There is a reason Canadas economy is in deep trouble. I should be a major contributer not a victim of abusers who destroy what little ambitious and talent we have.

The problem is NOT me. If cowardly people in positions of power don't mess with others then life is fine. If the follow principles of due Process, transparency and accountability then life is fine. There is a reason Canadas economy is in deep trouble. I should be a major contributer not a victim of abusers who destroy what little ambitious and talent we have.
Yeah it is you. You've been a victim your whole life. You've posted a hundred threads about being a victim.

If you feel oppressed in Canada you will have the same feeling here. Plenty of bullshit to take personally.

Yeah it is you. You've been a victim your whole life. You've posted a hundred threads about being a victim.
Umm, yeah I have been a victim my entire life, wtf do you think happens when Creepy Ones interfere in your career ask for you to be detained at a border and look away when your wife assaults you for years? The powerless being abused by the powerful, I'm sure Americans didn't fight global.abuses to support this. If you like these Kaskefque tactics employed then you should put on a parachute and drop into N Korea. Not even China does this to their citizens, especially if it is to protect bad apple after lying bad apple.

Last edited:
You guys know me enough and have information that could help me. I need to sell my home and leave Canada, it's clear there is little for me here anymore. This was really pre-ordained since birth truth be told.

So, please recommend where you would go if one were competent, hard working, corporate experienced who needs a balance of a reasonably cheap place with plenty of work, good people and values I would embrace.

Thank you to any contributors.
A few questions and thoughts:

1. It would be helpful to know you approximate age.

2. What does corporate experience mean? If you are skilled in a particular area I would look to move to an area in that same field

3. Several of the states you mentioned are NOT cheap

4. What are good people and values to you? You have to remember that blue states have red areas and red states have blue areas. If you consider yourself in the middle I would move to a purple area

5. Is it possible you could pick a place and go on vacation/holiday there for a while to check it out before just up and moving?

6. You say you want to move to a warm area but you're Canadian. Minnesota would be warmer for you. I think you are ruling out too many states.

You guys know me enough and have information that could help me. I need to sell my home and leave Canada, it's clear there is little for me here anymore. This was really pre-ordained since birth truth be told.

So, please recommend where you would go if one were competent, hard working, corporate experienced who needs a balance of a reasonably cheap place with plenty of work, good people and values I would embrace.

Thank you to any contributors.
"Reasonably cheap place" - and you listed California???

Metro Phoenix. ITS sunny almost everyday. Cost of living is nothing like California, Mostly white and Mexican conservatives
Nice city and good people.

Phoenix sucks. I call it LA east. My family lived in Arizona for years. In the early 90's Phoenix was still a nice western city. Not anymore. Ditto Vegas which is another LA East shithole. Avoid at all costs.

Phoenix sucks. I call it LA east. My family lived in Arizona for years. In the early 90's Phoenix was still a nice western city. Not anymore. Ditto Vegas which is another LA East shithole. Avoid at all costs.

Phoenix is 100 times nicer than LV and TUCSON.

In 2023, Phoenix is better than most Western Cities ( granted its not saying much )

A few questions and thoughts:

1. It would be helpful to know you approximate age.

2. What does corporate experience mean? If you are skilled in a particular area I would look to move to an area in that same field

3. Several of the states you mentioned are NOT cheap

4. What are good people and values to you? You have to remember that blue states have red areas and red states have blue areas. If you consider yourself in the middle I would move to a purple area

5. Is it possible you could pick a place and go on vacation/holiday there for a while to check it out before just up and moving?

6. You say you want to move to a warm area but you're Canadian. Minnesota would be warmer for you. I think you are ruling out too many states.
Corporate sales, finance and some management. In my 40s, 25 years maybe until retirement depending on if the Lord loves me or not. I like cerebral people who are "stand up" types. live by the "code", easy going wnd polite. Just want to save some money and try and look forward to a retirement far away from my current system.

Corporate sales, finance and some management. In my 40s, 25 years maybe until retirement depending on if the Lord loves me or not. I like cerebral people who are "stand up" types. live by the "code", easy going wnd polite. Just want to save some money and try and look forward to a retirement far away from my current system.
You're really taking a gamble, like buying a lottery ticket. When I was young I did not like living in New York State. My friends didn't like living in New York State. Many of them got the hell out and many of them moved to either California or Florida, only to return. I wanted out but I didn't want to return. So, I took a vacation with a friend of mine in Minnesota and fell in love with the place (couldn't stand it now if I were there due to progressive woke policies) and not too long after that I packed up my bags, threw my clothes and my television in my car and moved there. I loved it and stayed many years until jobs relocated me to a couple of other states. I think it helped a whole lot that I had been there before and knew what to expect.

While I'm sure you can find greener grass somewhere, the grass isn't always green where you expect it to be. I think you are making a mistake by limiting your selection to just a few states, many of which are expensive and filled with partisan politics and bad weather. If you want a cheaper place to live the middle of the country (away from Tornado alley) offers a lot. Some of those states aren't on the radar and can be overlooked because they just plain aren't sexy enough to be talked about. But, that's the charm of them. They can be great places to live but they don't want the word to get out because they are how they want to be, off the radar. They don't want their communities polluted by a bunch of outsiders. I very highly recommend visiting a place first before moving there which gives you a better chance of having a winning lottery ticket.

You're really taking a gamble, like buying a lottery ticket. When I was young I did not like living in New York State. My friends didn't like living in New York State. Many of them got the hell out and many of them moved to either California or Florida, only to return. I wanted out but I didn't want to return. So, I took a vacation with a friend of mine in Minnesota and fell in love with the place (couldn't stand it now if I were there due to progressive woke policies) and not too long after that I packed up my bags, threw my clothes and my television in my car and moved there. I loved it and stayed many years until jobs relocated me to a couple of other states. I think it helped a whole lot that I had been there before and knew what to expect.

While I'm sure you can find greener grass somewhere, the grass isn't always green where you expect it to be. I think you are making a mistake by limiting your selection to just a few states, many of which are expensive and filled with partisan politics and bad weather. If you want a cheaper place to live the middle of the country (away from Tornado alley) offers a lot. Some of those states aren't on the radar and can be overlooked because they just plain aren't sexy enough to be talked about. But, that's the charm of them. They can be great places to live but they don't want the word to get out because they are how they want to be, off the radar. They don't want their communities polluted by a bunch of outsiders. I very highly recommend visiting a place first before moving there which gives you a better chance of having a winning lottery ticket.
Yeah I saw that West Virginia is a cheap place to live, Idaho etc. Not sure Inwoukd find the earning potentiak there to be content.. That search will determine alot.

You would burn to death in the heat of most of those places. You really have no appreciation for how hot and muggy the southern US is. Anyway, perhaps somewhere in the mountains of Georgia or TN or the rural parts of North Carolina. If you want a bigger city groove, try maybe Raleigh NC
the heat only means the babes walk around half naked....its nice

Forum List

Back