Sincere answers only please, in alphabetical order: Arizona, California, Florida or Texas...

You guys know me enough and have information that could help me. I need to sell my home and leave Canada, it's clear there is little for me here anymore. This was really pre-ordained since birth truth be told.

So, please recommend where you would go if one were competent, hard working, corporate experienced who needs a balance of a reasonably cheap place with plenty of work, good people and values I would embrace.

Thank you to any contributors.
If you favor leftists--CA. They have a moderate climate, high taxes, high population and an entrenched democrat government. AZ is evenly split politically but its weather is 1 degree short of HELL. TX and FL are conservative, nice weather for the most part but they have extremes too. FL has no income tax.

Yeah I saw that West Virginia is a cheap place to live, Idaho etc. Not sure Inwoukd find the earning potentiak there to be content.. That search will determine alot.
Actually, there are some good cities that pay you to move there due to high growth and high job vacancies. I think WV has one. Don't be afraid of lower pay if the cost of living is much cheaper. Californians could actually live quite comfortably if they left and moved to like Arkansas, earning half their pay but still being far ahead cost wise. People making 100K in California live at like the poverty level.

Forum List

Back