Simple Question:

Too hard a question? :dunno:

I noticed you haven't responded to mine. What right does another have to my body?
When you chose to have sex, you accepted the risks. You invited the sperm into your body knowing full-well that the purpose of the sperm was to meet with your ovum and create a new human life. You invited the sperm into your body and you invited any resulting child into your body.

So spare the bullshit. If you didn't want to have another life dependent on you, you should have kept you legs closed.

Now cue Grace and Ravi to come crying about how 1% of abortions justify the 93% done for convenience because the relationship between your parents decides whether or not killing you is okay

No, I do not accept that risk. When you walk across the street, you are accepting the risk that you will be hit by a car. If you can take the motorist out before he hits you, don't you have that right?

That's a bullshit argument.

Why start a new abortion thread every other week? Keep it to one frakkin thread. Finish a complete thought.

I noticed you haven't responded to mine. What right does another have to my body?
When you chose to have sex, you accepted the risks. You invited the sperm into your body knowing full-well that the purpose of the sperm was to meet with your ovum and create a new human life. You invited the sperm into your body and you invited any resulting child into your body.

So spare the bullshit. If you didn't want to have another life dependent on you, you should have kept you legs closed.

Now cue Grace and Ravi to come crying about how 1% of abortions justify the 93% done for convenience because the relationship between your parents decides whether or not killing you is okay

No, I do not accept that risk. When you walk across the street, you are accepting the risk that you will be hit by a car.

If I choose to run across a busy freeway, yes I do.

That's why I take all reasonable precautions to avoid pregnancy, like condoms and/or bthe pill and to avoid getting hit by a car, like looking both ways, crossing at a corner/crosswalk, and crossing when I don't see oncoming traffic that's going to be where I'm going to be trying to walk

If you can take the motorist out before he hits you, don't you have that right?

Only if (s)he's chasing you down with intending to kill you. You know, attempted vehicular homicide.

That's a bullshit argument.

And yet you forwarded it.

Not having sex is the answer to the abortion question is the bullshit argument.

Again, if you have taken reasonable precautions to mitigate risks and still find yourself in the position to have to make the decision, what right does another have to my body? And if that right exists for a fetus, why doesn't it extend to all?

Again, if you have taken reasonable precautions to mitigate risks

Then if pregnancy results, maybe it's time to grow up be responsible for your choices?

Or do yo believe a man should walk away and leave the woman all alone to provide for herself and the child?

Which do you advocate: deadbeat fathers or growing up and taking responsibility for your choices and actions when a pregnancy results?

Then if pregnancy results, maybe it's time to grow up be responsible for your choices?

Or do yo believe a man should walk away and leave the woman all alone to provide for herself and the child?

Which do you advocate: deadbeat fathers or growing up and taking responsibility for your choices and actions when a pregnancy results?

Will ending legal abortion end deadbeat fathers?

Abortion is one of the ways that you take responsibility. Anytime you take a life you assume the weight of that decision. Again, what right does another have to my body? And if that right exists for a fetus, why doesn't it extend to all?

Why don't you answer that question first.

Will ending legal abortion end deadbeat fathers?

Who proposed such a thing?

Why can't you people ever be honest?
Abortion is one of the ways that you take responsibility
Killing your child is being responsible for your child?

war is peace

freedom is slavery

ignorance is strength
. Anytime you take a life you assume the weight of that decision

Weight?

Women having multiple abortions reaches record high - Times Online
. Again, what right does another have to my body?

You invited it in and created a life knowing that life would be dependent on you for survival. Grow up and spare the bullshit sob stories.
And if that right exists for a fetus, why doesn't it extend to all?

Did you create them knowing they would be dependent on you?

Can I kill my conjoined twin if we share a liver and I want it all to myself?

JB Which do you advocate: deadbeat fathers or growing up and taking responsibility for your choices and actions when a pregnancy results?
SNJ Will ending legal abortion end deadbeat fathers?
JB Who proposed such a thing?

Why can't you people ever be honest?

You can't see your inference that legal abortion equates to deadbeat fathers? And you question my honesty? And why does the man's responsibility end at money? Can't we make him legally responsible to stay home with a sick child, attend their school plays, make all their decisions reflect the best interest of the child? Isn't that what we expect out of mothers?

I am honest. A child is a gigantic responsibility. If you can't fulfill that responsibility, you shouldn't.

Yes, just like making end of life decisions is being responsible. That's why they call them hard choices. Sometimes the correct and merciful choice makes you look like a monster.

You invited it in and created a life knowing that life would be dependent on you for survival. Grow up and spare the bullshit sob stories.

Again, not having sex is the answer to the abortion issue is a bullshit argument. Otherwise we could just make it illegal to have hetero vaginal sex without a pregnancy responsibility contract.

Did you create them knowing they would be dependent on you?

Did you create them intentionally? Did you specifically get pregnant in order to have an abortion?

I understand the emotions involved in the debate. I love babies. I don't want babies to be killed. I also understand that children are a life-changing event. The only person that can and should have control over that decision is the one facing it. Not you or I, but the person that will live with the results of that decision.

Now, OTOH, I would be willing to back a 3 abortions = surgical sterilization law.

Can you do it without killing yourself?

Yes

So this is what you people call responsibility?

they talked back, they were mouthy and she was tired of it

Kids: they're so damn inconvenient

Can you do it without killing yourself?[/quote]
So you're cool with killing one's sibling is she's inconvenient, too?

Is anyone not okay to kill?

Too hard a question? :dunno:

If you want the State to criminalize abortion, you need to to get a sufficient number of your fellow citizens to support that position.
Unfortunately for you, such support is not even close to that which is necessary.

If you want the State to criminalize abortion, you need to to get a sufficient number of your fellow citizens to support that position.
Unfortunately for you, such support is not even close to that which is necessary.
Then how is it already law, genius? :cuckoo:

How many years to ya get for suicide? How can it be illegal to committ suicide when you won't be around to face a jury of yer bones? :lol:

How do you spend $3 trillion, when you only have $1.5 trillion? With stupidity, all things are possible.

Obami Salaami and his Obamarrhoidals ran it up to $14 trillion + and want to jack that up more. However, with them it's not stupid. It's being savvy liberals.

Yes

So this is what you people call responsibility?

they talked back, they were mouthy and she was tired of it

Kids: they're so damn inconvenient

Is anyone not okay to kill?

It's OK not to kill that which you can offload to another entity. In the case of children, you can turn them over to CPS and abdicate your parental rights and responsibilities if you can't or won't care for them. And how does a suicidally depressed mother compare to any woman that has just discovered she is pregnant and is faced with the decision? Stretching a bit aren't you?

Can you do it without killing yourself?
So you're cool with killing one's sibling is she's inconvenient, too?

Are you cool with one conjoined asking for separation surgery and the other denying it? If the other sibling is slowly killing me by destroying our shared resource should I just accept the consequences of being born conjoined? Who has the right to make these decisions for me?

Again, the ultimate responsibility of how many children a woman has rests solely with the woman. The states interest in that child only begins when the state can assume custody of that child. Until then it can keep it's happy ass out of the decision.

As the saying goes, you rights end at my nose. In the case of a pregnant woman, your nose is inside mine and thus my rights trump yours.

Pretty simple.

Then how is it already law, genius? :cuckoo:

How is what law?

The RIGHT to a 1st trimester abortion, for any reason, is a constitutionally protected RIGHT in the United States of America.

If you wish to believe that the RIGHT to an abortion in that circumstance represents the right of a woman to do something with her body that harms someone else,

that is your personal belief, to which of course you are entitled.

It is not however, the opinion of the constitutional law of the land of this country,

because constitutional law in this case is based on rejecting the opinion that the 1st trimester fetus is a person, and thus rejecting the argument that the 1st trimester fetus is entitled to any legal protections as a person...

...which, if you go back to my first post, is why I made such a reference to the legal issue in the first place.

Forum List

Back