Simple question for those that oppose voter ID

Absent a valid state-issued ID, how do you positively verify the claim that the person at the poll is indeed the person on the voter registration roll?

We could use a signature like we have for hundreds of years

Absent a valid state-issued ID, how do you positively verify the claim that the person at the poll is indeed the person on the voter registration roll?

so if I show up at your polling place and claim to be you, sign the form, and vote, you are OK with that?

then when you show up later that day to vote and get arrested for trying to vote twice, you are OK with that too?

so if I show up at your polling place and claim to be you, sign the form, and vote, you are OK with that?

then when you show up later that day to vote and get arrested for trying to vote twice, you are OK with that too?

If you can duplicate my signature......you deserve my vote

Good luck

Good luck

and all polls workers are signature analysis experts?????????????? Uhhhh, OK.

"your signature looks different", "I have nerve damage in my wrist and it changed the way I write" "ok, mr rightwinger, here's your ballot, have a great day" "hey, max, I need some more coffee and another donut"

Good luck

I do deserve your vote, but I would never take it. Cancelling it out is good enough.

Are the 70-year-old ladies at the polling stations experts in spotting fake IDs? No.

Signatures are not verified at the polls. You are signing an oath attesting you are that person.

How does one know a person sold a firearm isn't insane, a chronic alcoholic, a criminal or a domestic terrorist? Which would do the most harm, a single voter or a single shooter?

How does one know a person sold a firearm isn't insane, a chronic alcoholic, a criminal or a domestic terrorist? Which would do the most harm, a single voter or a single shooter?

when you go to buy a gun a background check is run on you before the sale is made. If you are one of those things, you will not be allowed to buy the gun.

terrorists and criminals do not buy guns legally.

A single fraudulent vote would probably not change an election, but a few hundred could. remember ohio in 2012?

when you go to buy a gun a background check is run on you before the sale is made. If you are one of those things, you will not be allowed to buy the gun.

A single fraudulent vote would probably not change an election, but a few hundred could. remember ohio in 2012?

No, I remember Colorado, Texas, Virginia, Connecticut, etc. etc. etc. Not all gun sales occur legally as everyone knows. But my point isn't about gun control, per se, it's about hypocrisy of those on the right who demand that their right to own arms shall not be infringed in any manner, but the Rights of others to vote can be denied by fiat.

Yes, "A few hundred votes could change the election." This is why Republicans are pushing for the voter ID bullshit- to purge thousands of eligible voters from the rolls to prevent them from voting Democrat so that Republican voting power goes up. FUCK YOU. That is the scam.

You can't even find a dozen documented cases of voter fraud across the entire country and yet you have the perfect final solution for something that is NOT a problem.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPsl_TuFdes]Paul Weyrich - Goo-Goo Syndrome (proper audio/video synchronization) - YouTube[/ame]

The author of this thread opposes background checks to buy guns. He calls them unconstitutional.

M14 thinks background checks are unconstitutional.

Good luck

and all polls workers are signature analysis experts?????????????? Uhhhh, OK.

"your signature looks different", "I have nerve damage in my wrist and it changed the way I write" "ok, mr rightwinger, here's your ballot, have a great day" "hey, max, I need some more coffee and another donut"

In those cases we have representatives of each party at the poll who can challenge your vote and give you a provisional ballot

Forum List

Back