Simple Question: Did we (USA) win Iraq War?

Did We Win the Iraq War

• Yes

Votes: 32 46.4%
  • No

Votes: 37 53.6%

• Total voters
drmatically- and PERHAPS irriversally? PERHAPS? I sure hope so but I doubt it.

Yeah, because it would mean you are wrong. Now, everyone knows you are. Everyone knows we won the war. Everyone knows a person who consistently posts how we lost is living in fantasyland.
So go ahead and point out that until Iraq resembles Switzerland we haven't achieved victory.

We haven't won shit and that has been explained to you on SO many levels and in so many ways that there is only ONE explanation...........Your WILLFUL ignorance. You have been shown to know NOTHING about Shia and Sunni and how quickly they will be killing each other after we leave. You know NO history of the region and just how DEstabilizing our invasion has made the ME. When Iraq blows up, and it WILL, I just hope you volenteer all YOUR relatives of comat age to go BACK into Iraq to try to stop their civil war, of course you will have to come up with some REASON to become involved an Iraqi civil war.

We haven't won shit and that has been explained to you on SO many levels and in so many ways that there is only ONE explanation...........Your WILLFUL ignorance. You have been shown to know NOTHING about Shia and Sunni and how quickly they will be killing each other after we leave. You know NO history of the region and just how DEstabilizing our invasion has made the ME. When Iraq blows up, and it WILL, I just hope you volenteer all YOUR relatives of comat age to go BACK into Iraq to try to stop their civil war, of course you will have to come up with some REASON to become involved an Iraqi civil war.

When Iraq blows up from what? Our leaving? That would imply that we won the war. I'm glad you're getting around to admitting reality. The drugs must be kicking in.

When Iraq blows up from what? Our leaving? That would imply that we won the war. I'm glad you're getting around to admitting reality. The drugs must be kicking in.

No it would explain how we COMPLETELY fucked up Iraq AND the entire ME. It would explain that unless we stay there FOREVER they Muslims will go at eachother like jackles and that will REALLY fuck up world energy prices huh? It will also make the region SO explosive that the SLIGHTEST thing will set it off like a powder keg and if you think ISRAEL will come out of that situation unscathed then you are clinically INSANE!

No it would explain how we COMPLETELY fucked up Iraq AND the entire ME. It would explain that unless we stay there FOREVER they Muslims will go at eachother like jackles and that will REALLY fuck up world energy prices huh? It will also make the region SO explosive that the SLIGHTEST thing will set it off like a powder keg and if you think ISRAEL will come out of that situation unscathed then you are clinically INSANE!

Actually with every post you reveal yourself as a hyper=partisan tool intent on showing what cannot be shown.

Ollie North is irelevant to todays topic. Rumsfeld had brilliant strategies for winning the war, he simply was stupid when it cam to winning the peace. We did not invite Saddam to invade Kuwait, and both Kuwait and Saudi asked for our help against Saddam. Had we invited him to invade why would they ask for our help?

Easy to win a war against a 3rd world country, especially when you aren't worried about an exit strategy.

That alone should prove they wanted a never ending war so their defense contractors and oil companies could rape the American people of our $.

There always was an exit strategy, it was called victory, unfortunately Bush listened to Rumsfeld too long. You haters just never would accept anything positive from Bush though.
He made his mistakes but going after Saddam wasn't one of them.

Learn the facts and history shemp. Clearly you are a revisionist when it comes to history and facts. Bush listened to Rummy? Ha! Bush and Rummy stalled for as long as they could so the defense contractors and oil companies could sink their fangs into iraq enough that no treaty or agreement could get them out.

And as we exited iraq, we doubled the number of defense contractors.

Ask yourself why the corporate media doesn't report on this.

And ask why they fill our airwaves with what Cheney thinks. Who cares what that loser thinks? He wasn't right about anything.

And then tell us, are you on Chaney's side? Do you agree with Chaney? Because if you do, you are a loser and a liar. Are you a rummy gop or a bush gop? Not much difference if you ask me. Both are/were wrong on all accounts.

Your quick explanation of history is seriously flawed. Try again.

We should have left Saddam in power. He was Sunni and Iraq/iran is now shiite. If he needed to be replaced, Bush/Chaney/Rumsfeld were all seriously fucking wrong on how to go about it. Which means so are/were you.

Actually with every post you reveal yourself as a hyper=partisan tool intent on showing what cannot be shown.

He's right and you are wrong Rabbi. He's stating facts and you are just blowing off his facts and only using facts generally accepted by Lieberman or Rush Limpballs.

He's right and you are wrong Rabbi. He's stating facts and you are just blowing off his facts and only using facts generally accepted by Lieberman or Rush Limpballs.

He is stating opinions. You are stating nonsense.

He is stating opinions. You are stating nonsense.

He said:

We fucked up in Iraq. You can't argue.

Our involvement isn't positively affecting our energy prices. He is correct. Hunt Oil and Shell might be making a fortune in Iraq, but you and I aren't benefitting.

Israel stands to benefit more from the US involvement in Iraq than does the US tax payer. And he's right again.

So what is not fact and what is nonsense? Jewboy.

If you want to define "fuck up" as destroying the enemy's military and achieving all our objectives then I'd have to agree. Otherwise you're just another knee-jerk Democrat fuck-wad.

You are deflecting, Rabbi, and by far getting the worst of it. The defeat was our failurre to effect an exit strategy that would have created a strong Iraq allied to us in the Middle East. We leave in the next year or two, and the country will become our enemy.

If speaking the TRUTH makes me "Hyper partisan" then so be it but it doesn't change the FACTS that you refuse to acknowlege abou the ME. You prove more and more with each post how CLUELESS you are about the region.

If speaking the TRUTH makes me "Hyper partisan" then so be it but it doesn't change the FACTS that you refuse to acknowlege abou the ME. You prove more and more with each post how CLUELESS you are about the region.

There isn't a single fact you have posted in this thread. All of it is blathering about this and that and showing more that you opposed the war than anything else.

The Rabbi is projecting his inadequacy here as one who is steadily knocked down in this argument.

Get over it, Rab. You have lost again.

Rabbi you still don't understand a f'ing thing about the ME.

Keep saying it like you mean it.

Meanwhile I will continue to ask what possible metric could lead you to the conclusion that we have lost a war that saw us defeat the enemy's army, imprison their leader, take control over all their cities and install a government more to our liking. If that's defeat I want more of it.

Meanwhile I will continue to ask what possible metric could lead you to the conclusion that we have lost a war that saw us defeat the enemy's army, imprison their leader, take control over all their cities and install a government more to our liking. If that's defeat I want more of it.

No, I don't think the USA has "won" the war, nor do I think it will.

And I'm not happy about it, and I supported the invasion.

I believe Rumsfield's plan was to replace Saddam with a Democratic Government that would stabilize the region, and appease the US public after 9/11.

Unhappily I've begun to realize that there is no precedent for this happening, and every precedent for believing it will not ever happen. Metrics for Democracy in Iraq, if we want to stretch our imagination about the definition of democracy, is 26 years of history. Metrics for Brutal Dictatorships in Iraq (and all Islamic countries) are, practically speaking, almost the entire balance of recorded history.

So I conclude the US chances are slim to none.

Rabbi you still don't understand a f'ing thing about the ME.

Keep saying it like you mean it.

Sayin it like I KNOW it. EVERYTHING you post about the ME is WRONG. It is actually starting to crack me up. LOL!

Forum List

Back