Silver Surfer

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Here's a comics-friendly fan-fiction about the iconic anti-hero Silver Surfer (Marvel Comics) who reminds us that existential adventure can feel like an environmental or conditional deformity. Enjoy,

====

Norrin Radd worked as a photojournalist for The Post for 2 years after graduating from Princeton with honors. He covered a story about the science institute Oscorp experimenting with a new mercury substance capable of endowing a US soldier with shape-shifting qualities. In an accident, Norrin was exposed to some high levels of this mercury substance and was transformed completely into a shape-shifting chameleon humanoid. He used some of his mercury composition to spontaneously form a silver surfboard which he used to now surf around the USA as a bank robber and terrorist, vowing vengeance against the civilization that turned him into a mutant-freakshow. For once upon a time, Norrin Radd was simply a nerdy and affable American neo-photojournalist!

jag16.jpg

SILVER SURFER: "I've traveled across space and through meteor showers and across the North American continent on my silver-mercury surboard, robbing banks, seducing women, creating terrorism, and using mercury energy to create intense spheres of focused swallowing geometric pockets, because as the mutant I now am, I'm committed to various forms of anti-spiritual material devastation and intrigue, for my prior life of humble photojournalism has given way to a new life of utter dread!"

surfer1.jpg

Silver Surfer (Norrin Radd) may have turned out to be a pretty good fellow, but were it not for his mutant mercury mutation-accident, no one would have had the unqualified chance to flirt with fate to inquire as to the nature of his newfound shape-shifting darkness. It was however up in the air whether or not the women Silver Surfer seduced actually loved him or were merely flesh-pawns in his developed modern game of fate-surfing. The mercury in his body had transformed Norrin Radd from an American democrat into an Earth devil. What would this spell ultimately for dollars?

====

"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

Forum List

Back