Signed more legislation, even broke the record of Harry Truman.....

Fake news doesn't always rely on what the MSM prints. Sometimes it's about the facts they intentionally leave out in order to put left leaning slant on the story or to try to insult a President they hate. Trump may not have signed a lot of bills because of democrat party obstructionism but he signed more legislation including throwing out all the junk orders Obama created to try to ruin the economy and turn the U.S. into a 3rd world country.
The media lies so much that nothing can be trusted. Did Trump make this claim? Who knows. It could come from the same anonymous source as all the other Trump quotes. The media is promising to intensify their war on the government and increase the lies they churn out. So get ready.

War between Trump, media set to intensify

Trump actually made this claim. He said it on television yesterday. He actually said that he has signed more legislation than Truman.
In that case I will be corrected. Do you have the video?

Our beloved Pres. Trump doesn't lie about anything.

The commie media and lefty lying Dem's are always twisting his words and misquoting him. .... :cool:

There was no misquoting. Trump actually said that he has signed more legislation than Truman, and that is demonstrably false.

And no...................EO's aren't the same as actual legislation that is passed into law.
Trump has been making that claim since July.

July 2017

December 2017 (you have to click the link; I don't know how to get this video embedded into the post)

based on that video, Mike Pence has FULLY entered into the Faustian bargain in supporting a clown over reality.

If there ever were any doubt about that, it was unequivocally removed upon seeing Pence's obsequiousness toward Trump at/around the the day of the tax bill signing. Truly, I fully expected Pence to prostrate himself and offer to fellate Trump.

He probably did fellate trump off camera.

LOL

To Trump Cultists, history and reality are "fake news".......The parallels to the rise and fall of Mussolini are truly amazing.

Recently I relayed to one of my right wing neighbors that Mussolini ALSO demanded a "loyalty oath" from everyone within his cabinet and circle..

There's the story that he fired one of his air force generals for daring to tell Mussolini that they did NOT have enough airplanes......The guy who took over the post, was "smart" enough to fly the same planes to different airports, so that Mussolini in his visits and inspections would think that they had more planes.

Somewhat like Trump is being told by his legal team that a letter of Trump's "exoneration" from Mueller will soon be forthcoming.

I fully expected Pence to prostrate himself and offer to fellate Trump.

.....and we are not 100% sure that THAT didn't happen after the cameras were turned off...LOL

(my apologies to Debbie)

Last edited:
Lets be honest here

Donald Trump holds a record for Tweets that even Truman can't match

Lets be honest here

Donald Trump holds a record for Tweets that even Truman can't match

TRUE..........and to be fair, most "objective" right wingers readily admit that Jefferson was a close second to Trump's number of tweets.

Like I said, why would someone lie about something like this when it is too easy to check?

I mean, after all he does have a couple of accomplishments. He could have kept talking about the tax bill, that while I personally think it's going to screw over the middle class, it IS a historic accomplishment because it hasn't been done in a long time.

Guess he doesn't know when to stop patting himself on the back. I'm surprised he hasn't broken his arms yet.

I think this book explains everything about Donald Trump. Based on his behavior, Trump is not close to being mentally competent to serve as President of the United States.

"The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump" | Psychology Today

Fake news doesn't always rely on what the MSM prints. Sometimes it's about the facts they intentionally leave out in order to put left leaning slant on the story or to try to insult a President they hate. Trump may not have signed a lot of bills because of democrat party obstructionism but he signed more legislation including throwing out all the junk orders Obama created to try to ruin the economy and turn the U.S. into a 3rd world country.
The media lies so much that nothing can be trusted. Did Trump make this claim? Who knows. It could come from the same anonymous source as all the other Trump quotes. The media is promising to intensify their war on the government and increase the lies they churn out. So get ready.

War between Trump, media set to intensify

Trump actually made this claim. He said it on television yesterday. He actually said that he has signed more legislation than Truman.
In that case I will be corrected. Do you have the video?

Okay, so you now stand corrected. You're gonna have to click on the link and listen to the news segment, but it is at the beginning of the report. And yeah, when he was standing in front of the firefighters in Palm Beach yesterday, he actually said that.

Trump falsely claims he's signed most bills - CNN Video

But, if you prefer a print link, here ya go.

Trump Signed 96 Laws In 2017. Here Is What They Do And How They Measure Up

When President Trump signed the $1.5 trillion tax cut bill on Friday at the White House, he made a bold claim — that his "legislative approvals" were off the charts. "No. 1 in the history of our country," he said, citing 88 as the number of bills he had signed into law.

The actual number of laws Trump signed this year is 96. His claim of historic achievement isn't accurate, either.

Politics
Trump Accomplished A Lot In 2017, But At What Cost?

But that didn't stop him from repeating the erroneous claim Wednesday during a visit with firefighters in West Palm Beach, Fla.

"We have signed more legislation than anybody," Trump said.

He hasn't. In sheer numbers of bills signed into law during a president's first year in office (Jan. 20-Dec. 31), Trump is behind his six most recent predecessors.

number-of-laws-signed-in-1st-year_chartbuilder_custom-0fc12b543552621c742364aa0c620f103deb3edf-s500-c85.png

Number of laws signed by each president between his Inauguration Day and Dec. 31 of that year.

NPR/Congress.gov
According to tallies by GovTrack, Trump also trails Nixon, Kennedy and Eisenhower.

In making his claim, Trump also boasted that he had exceeded even former President Harry S. Truman's record for the number of bills signed.

"Harry Truman had more legislative approvals than any other president and — a record long held," Trump said. "And we beat him on legislative approvals, for which I get no credit."

After having looked into it, Trump was including the orders overturning Obama's executive orders. It's a meaningless semantic mistake.

After having looked into it, Trump was including the orders overturning Obama's executive orders. It's a meaningless semantic mistake.

Meaningless semantic mistake my ass. Conservatives bitched every time that Obama signed an EO. They said it was because he was trying to bypass Congress to get his agenda through. Why is it different when Trump does it?

And no.................Trump has NOT, repeat NOT, signed more legislation into law than any other president. You can see that from the graph in my last post. Matter of fact, Trump has signed less laws (and therefore done less work) than any president since before Carter. How has he broken any records? Most lies told?

"Semantics" your fat ass.........The difference between congressional legislation that has gone before committees, reviewed testimony and debated is a hell of a lot DIFFERENT than a whimsical executive order......ANYONE who does not know that does not belong in the oval office but instead in a remedial GED class on civics.

Last edited:

Meaningless semantic mistake my ass. Conservatives bitched every time that Obama signed an EO. They said it was because he was trying to bypass Congress to get his agenda through. Why is it different when Trump does it?

And no.................Trump has NOT, repeat NOT, signed more legislation into law than any other president. You can see that from the graph in my last post. Matter of fact, Trump has signed less laws (and therefore done less work) than any president since before Carter. How has he broken any records? Most lies told?
The Great Obama signed very few executive orders while he had a Democratic Congress

Why does Trump need so many?

At least according to Trump. He said yesterday that he has signed more legislation into law than Harry Truman. But, the news agencies decided to check into that and have found out that isn't true. Trump seems to think that his EO's are the same as actual legislation that is signed into law.

Just more bullshit from the hyperbolic bloviating blowhard Cheeto in Chief.

Trump has signed the fewest bills by this point in any modern president's term, research shows

President Donald Trump often brags of his "record setting" term, but the 45th president has signed the fewest bills so far compared to all administrations dating back to President Dwight D. Eisenhower.

By Thursday, his 336th day in office, Trump has signed just 94 bills into law, eight fewer than President George W. Bush and 24 fewer than President Barack Obama over the same period, according to GovTrack, which tracks bills in Congress.

The president has boasted he’s signed the most bills of any president since Truman, which was true at one point, but has not been accurate since Trump's 101st day in office, when his pace slowed, GovTrack research shows.

“We’ve signed more bills—and I’m talking about through the legislature—than any president, ever,” Trump said at a “Made in America” event at the White House in July. “For a while, Harry Truman had us. And now, I think, we have everybody.”

Not true.

The GovTrack review follows Trump’s enthusiastic celebration of the new tax bill that passed on Wednesday, when Trump gloated his administration had “records all over the place.” The president is expected to sign the 185-page bill in January.

President Trump will also have to put his John Hancock on a Congressional bill that will avert a government shutdown, which is expected to be passed by Friday's deadline. And, obviously, other bills will be passed by the Republican-controlled Congress that Trump will chose to sign rather than veto.

But numbers aren’t everything, the website points out. Presidents can sign a high number of bills into law, but that doesn’t mean each bill is important. Trump has signed 10 bills this year naming post offices, crating memorials, and naming citizens to boards, GovTrack reports.

You mean tweets aren’t law!?!

The Great Obama signed very few executive orders while he had a Democratic Congress

Why does Trump need so many?

Good question. The GOP said that when Obama signed them, he was trying to be a dictator and do an end run around Congress with his EO's. Why aren't they bitching about Trump doing the same thing, especially when all three branches are GOP dominant?

Crooked Donnie holds the record of most verifiable lies told by a president

And he hasn't even completed a year

Forum List

Back