(sigh), with hands up in the air, I give up....black people have too

Your solution is custom-made for the Demo politicians who have for decades been complicit in the disintegration of America's black families. You want society to provide funding and to force deadbeat dads to help carry the load. Millions of us grew up running the streets (or working) for summer entertainment and our dads didn't have to be forced to do the right thing when it came to support. Society can't fix what is killing black kids by throwing more cash at the problems. People tend to change when they hit rock bottom ... I guess black America just hasn't gotten there yet.
Throwing cash at the problem perpetuates the problem.

First of all, cash hasn't been thrown at the problem since the Reagan years with gov. cuts. And if you look at the data, just about all programs aimed for inner city youth have all but diminished, that is fact....including welfare and other social programs that have been diluted or cut. Meanwhile defense spending has soared.....4 trillion since Reagan and counting.......And if you look at the data, you'd see the surge of youth violence and black homicide actually escalated during these times, with summer job programs and activities cut.

Bottom line, the youth we keep wanting to ignored and wish away, will be the criminals we will all fear today and beyond. Think about it!!

I agree with your bottom line ... that babies born into today's single-parent families (67% of America's black kids) are tomorrow's violent criminals and if you sincerely want to see an end to the carnage in our black communities, get busy convincing those kids that birthing babies into that environment is child abuse and self-destructive.
I did notice you forgot to post the sources of your "facts" but we have had many Democrat presidents and legislatures in the past 35 years. Blaming Reagan is just more of the same "victimhood" that attempts to pin it all on Whitey.
The fact is we as a nation have expended vast resources in a futile attempt to have a positive impact on people who seemingly laugh at our effort and consider us fools for even trying.

If you look at FACTS.....you would notice that during the economic boom of the 1990's, during the Clinton years, the crime rate actually dropped. As a matter of record, it hadn't been as low since the Kennedy years. One can only assume it was because of JOBS and opportunities. Had nothing to do with government aide, our economy simply had JOBS.

And don't keep blaming me, because Reagan was a white guy....with this blame YT crap

You can assume that but you would be wrong and the opportunities are out there but we lack the skills to fill them. Most decreases in crime have been a function of demographics. As the baby-boomers - those born between 1946 and 1960 - aged, their criminal activities diminished.

Agreed, however you can not blame a generation such as yours, who's middle class grew from labored jobs in manufacturing, where "skills" only required a high school
diploma and two good pair of hands......on Today's economy that requires degree's...which is accessible to those with money. Again, if we keep ignoring the underbelly of this nations woes, as predicted...the US in 25 years will mimic a 3rd world country....and its coming fast and we're already there with our infrastructure neglect

Politics aside, that's a very thoughtful OP. I see your heart and I'm touched.

Thank you. I just wish to God, we could reach these kids before the streets do it for us. We have got to teach our kids HOW TO SOLVE CONFLICT WITHOUT VIOLENCE.....ITS THE ONLY WAY, MY FRIEND.

Yeah. And we also have to teach them how to wear shorts so their underwear doesn't show. And....let's not forget to teach them to like Garth Brooks and Toby McGuire. That would go a long way.
I remember the 1970's short shorts with no undies...
In New Zealand we called them stubbies:

Agreed, however you can not blame a generation such as yours, who's middle class grew from labored jobs in manufacturing, where "skills" only required a high school diploma and two good pair of hands......on Today's economy that requires degree's...which is accessible to those with money. Again, if we keep ignoring the underbelly of this nations woes, as predicted...the US in 25 years will mimic a 3rd world country....and its coming fast and we're already there with our infrastructure neglect

There are a bunch of jobs that do not require a high school diploma. Now agreeably they are not high paying jobs, but many, many places that pay well are willing to accept work experience in lieu of a high school, or even college degrees these days. Real world experience is what a lot of managers want to see, not just "a piece of paper that is becoming more and more meaningless due to the decline of education quality" as I've been told. (I somewhat disagree because I think a degree shows a potential hire's dedication, but I do whatever the owner(s) wants unless I'm consulting.)

Throwing cash at the problem perpetuates the problem.

First of all, cash hasn't been thrown at the problem since the Reagan years with gov. cuts. And if you look at the data, just about all programs aimed for inner city youth have all but diminished, that is fact....including welfare and other social programs that have been diluted or cut. Meanwhile defense spending has soared.....4 trillion since Reagan and counting.......And if you look at the data, you'd see the surge of youth violence and black homicide actually escalated during these times, with summer job programs and activities cut.

Bottom line, the youth we keep wanting to ignored and wish away, will be the criminals we will all fear today and beyond. Think about it!!

I agree with your bottom line ... that babies born into today's single-parent families (67% of America's black kids) are tomorrow's violent criminals and if you sincerely want to see an end to the carnage in our black communities, get busy convincing those kids that birthing babies into that environment is child abuse and self-destructive.
I did notice you forgot to post the sources of your "facts" but we have had many Democrat presidents and legislatures in the past 35 years. Blaming Reagan is just more of the same "victimhood" that attempts to pin it all on Whitey.
The fact is we as a nation have expended vast resources in a futile attempt to have a positive impact on people who seemingly laugh at our effort and consider us fools for even trying.

If you look at FACTS.....you would notice that during the economic boom of the 1990's, during the Clinton years, the crime rate actually dropped. As a matter of record, it hadn't been as low since the Kennedy years. One can only assume it was because of JOBS and opportunities. Had nothing to do with government aide, our economy simply had JOBS.

And don't keep blaming me, because Reagan was a white guy....with this blame YT crap

You can assume that but you would be wrong and the opportunities are out there but we lack the skills to fill them. Most decreases in crime have been a function of demographics. As the baby-boomers - those born between 1946 and 1960 - aged, their criminal activities diminished.

Agreed, however you can not blame a generation such as yours, who's middle class grew from labored jobs in manufacturing, where "skills" only required a high school
diploma and two good pair of hands......on Today's economy that requires degree's...which is accessible to those with money. Again, if we keep ignoring the underbelly of this nations woes, as predicted...the US in 25 years will mimic a 3rd world country....and its coming fast and we're already there with our infrastructure neglect

You can get a college degree without money (I paid full ride for my 5) but you can't get one without a high school diploma and while I can't speak to the quality of the degrees, 31% of America's black kids don't finish high school ... more than twice the rate of white dropouts. 31%! The bottom line? Without an education those kids are pretty much fooked and if you need to find the cause of the carnage that is ripping your community apart, look no further.

The 5 Million Lesson Excellence in Philanthropy The Philanthropy Roundtable

June 19, 1987. On the stage in the hot auditorium of the Belmont Elementary School in West Philadelphia were 112 students, all of them black, all between eleven and fourteen years old, most from families on public assistance...
Diane Weiss, a woman they had never seen before, took the stage, threw a football at them, and announced in breathless, quivering tones that she and her husband, George, would send them all to college—free.

The students, for the most part, were baffled. But their parents and teachers were not. The room erupted in cheers and tears as they recognized the import of this extraordinary offer. Nothing seemed impossible at that moment—not even the notion that 112 children from this tragically blighted pocket of Philadelphia could beat the odds and go to college.

Twelve years later, George Weiss—who could not attend the announcement himself because of a bad back—has spent more than $5 million on these students, for tutoring, counseling, social services, and college expenses. By some analysts’ reckoning, what he’s gotten for his money—so far, eleven Bachelor’s degrees, two Associate’s degrees, and seven vocational certificates—isn’t much.

Forum List

Back