Shul Sends Gift to Tucson Police After Recovering Stolen Religious Items

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Officials with Congregation Young Israel-Chabad in Tucson, Ariz., announced that they will be donating body armor to the Tucson Police Department after detectives there recovered several silver items that were stolen nearly two months ago from the synagogue building.

.....“We came to shul for minyan and discovered the aron kadosh [Holy ark] open and things laying around. It was a total disappointment to us, but we were relieved to see that the sefer Torahs were not stolen, and that no vandalism was done,” recounts Ceitlin.

He adds that “we have a small, 150-year-old Torah from Russia with silver on its handle, and it looks like the thieves took out the Torah to see if they could break off the handles. Thankfully, they gave up on that idea because there’s not too much silver on it and instead took what was handy.”
Shul Sends Gift to Tucson Police After Recovering Stolen Religious Items - Torah scrolls remained safe but other pieces were damaged or are still missing - Chabad-Lubavitch News

It's good to see this stuff returned.

ME too, but couldn't the Jews assimilate better and rename everything in English that's easy to pronounce?

Thank God they did not know how valuable those Torahs are. Basically the thieves tried to take the metal money
clip from a huge wad of thousand dollar bills, only to leave the pile of cash behind just to take the cheap metal clip. *lol*
Glad to see the smart and symbolic choice of protective wear given.

Officials with Congregation Young Israel-Chabad in Tucson, Ariz., announced that they will be donating body armor to the Tucson Police Department after detectives there recovered several silver items that were stolen nearly two months ago from the synagogue building.

.....“We came to shul for minyan and discovered the aron kadosh [Holy ark] open and things laying around. It was a total disappointment to us, but we were relieved to see that the sefer Torahs were not stolen, and that no vandalism was done,” recounts Ceitlin.

He adds that “we have a small, 150-year-old Torah from Russia with silver on its handle, and it looks like the thieves took out the Torah to see if they could break off the handles. Thankfully, they gave up on that idea because there’s not too much silver on it and instead took what was handy.”
Shul Sends Gift to Tucson Police After Recovering Stolen Religious Items - Torah scrolls remained safe but other pieces were damaged or are still missing - Chabad-Lubavitch News

It's good to see this stuff returned.

Unless leaving the apartment completely if going out to the pool or over to a neighbor's I don't bother locking my door. Not because I believe it's that safe as any thief who steals needs whatever they stole more than I do and are welcome to it. Plus, if they steal the computer they're in for a helluva disappointment. If you melted down the materials you could maybe get $20 for it. If you tried selling it, being 18 or so year old technology, they guy's only gonna laugh at you. :)

Forum List

Back