Should women who smoke or drink during pregnancy be charged with a crime?

Sheesh. This thread should maybe just be in the flame zone, as it's a double standard from the beginning and doesn't even make sense. It's legal for the mother to abort them now, but heavens no, it would be child abuse or a crime if someone smokes or drinks with them. Aye aye aye.

Sheesh. This thread should maybe just be in the flame zone, as it's a double standard from the beginning and doesn't even make sense. It's legal for the mother to abort them now, but heavens no, it would be child abuse or a crime if someone smokes or drinks with them. Aye aye aye.

It is a tough one.

Should a woman who can't quit smoking kick you in the balls if you take her cigarettes away?

(Believe me, I don't talk like that at all, but if you tried to take my cigarettes away from me when I was pregnant, that just might have happened if they hadn't made me sick first. And btw, I've never raised my hand in anger in my life, but that would have done it, lol. Hard habit to break, but I did it!)

First off what law?

I said personal choice. I also said i do not condone the action.

I am saying that if it is proven that a disease is directly related to a mother smoking and drinking, then she should be held financially responsible for those actions.

And if you look at what i am saying, it works out for the poor...as they would just put their hand out for more entitlements, and someone with money would have to pay up.

And I'm saying it IS proven that drinking and or smoking during pregnancy are proven dangers whether mommy and daddy have money or not. YOU are saying that if mommy and daddy have money they should be able to risk a babies health.

That's stupid.

What's stupid is debating this when abortion is far more lethal to an unborn baby!

You libs going to tell me you want to criminalize smoking while pregnant, but want to keep legal KILLING THE SUBJECT OF THE PREGNANCY??????

Moronic! Deeply Moronic!

This whole thread gets the fail whale!

05.gif

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Psst. I am no liberal, and in fact I morally oppose abortion, but bringing abortion into THIS thread is a strawman to avoid the original issue, which is should it be illegal to smoke or drink alcohol while pregnant?

PS I morally oppose abortion, but recognize the need to provide safe abortions to those wo don't oppose them at their own expense to prevent back alley abortions which are far more harmful to society. Only a pipe dream will ever end abortion in this country.

Personal choice. For the record i am against mothers drinking while pregnant.

Mother who do drink should be held 100% financially responsible for any medical issues to the baby once born.

I could not have said it better myself, syrenn. Let them do whatever they want, but if they knowingly drink, smoke, do drugs, etc... during the pregnancy, THEY should be required to pay for any care their child needs after birth due to those choices.

Mother who do drink should be held 100% financially responsible for any medical issues to the baby once born.

I could not have said it better myself, syrenn. Let them do whatever they want, but if they knowingly drink, smoke, do drugs, etc... during the pregnancy, THEY should be required to pay for any care their child needs after birth due to those choices.

How would you possibly enforce that?

You do realize that the vast majority affected by this will be the poor... don't you? Are we arguing that the poor should be held responsible for their choices?

I say yes, will give my reasons after some responses

Why is this on my board? I've known you were dumb, but this takes the cake.

Here's a response for your dumb ass:

If you so desire to murder your unborn child ... well ... THAT's legal. But Heaven forbid you feed that unborn child some f-ing McDonald's.

You leftist f*ks can't really think, can you?

Let's consider the math:

I can't smoke

You can murder my unborn child.

I can see the parallel.:cuckoo:

If we could all act like 12 year olds while we were at work........................

We could all be like you?:confused:

Of course you couldn't have. That would require a functioning brain.

Why is this on my board? I've known you were dumb, but this takes the cake.

Here's a response for your dumb ass:

If you so desire to murder your unborn child ... well ... THAT's legal. But Heaven forbid you feed that unborn child some f-ing McDonald's.

You leftist f*ks can't really think, can you?

Let's consider the math:

I can't smoke

You can murder my unborn child.

I can see the parallel.:cuckoo:

If we could all act like 12 year olds while we were at work........................

That was the most basic original post you can make on this board, the original poster took no strong stance or even gave a leaning either which way. Yet somehow, some way, that still induced you to go into one of your patented rants.

You should take not from some of the posters and from reality, people can disagree and not be "dumbasses" or "leftist fucks."

I NOTICE no one wants to HONESTLY ADDRESS MY POINT.

Criminalize smoking while pregnant . . . .

While KILLING THE SUBJECT OF THE PREGNANCY (aka abortion) IS LEGAL??????

Which kills far more babies?

This thread is a sham until one of you has the honesty to addres that.

I think I see your point. There are folks who go after smoking like a pack of rabid dogs because of the low birth weight, and drinking because of F.A.S., and how cruel it is for the child, yet are 100% ok with poisoning a fetus to kill it outright, and then butcher it up and suck it out of the womb. You are illustrating the irony right ?

I'm ILLUSTRATING THE GROSS HYPOCRISY!

Liberals are about CONTROL CONTROL CONTROL.

They will control us on drinking, smoking, eating, money, (and now thanks to Obamacare) whether we live or die. They control where our kids can go to school, whether they can pray before a football game or their graduation ceremony.

BUT YOU TELL A LIBERAL NOT TO KILL THE KID IN THE WOMB, and SUDDENLY, that's an issue of "CHOICE!"

The only CHOICE that liberals actually will fight for is the choice to screw around and kill the by-product rather than take responsibility. That by-product BEING THEIR OWN KIDS!

YET, they think they should be responsible for all the rest of us who DO have kids.

Can't pack lunches from home, can't have cupcakes, can't smoke around them, can't have prayer in school, and on and on and on.

The point is the same.

Which kills more kids? Smoking or abortion.

I'm still waiting for the answer.

That was the most basic original post you can make on this board, the original poster took no strong stance or even gave a leaning either which way. Yet somehow, some way, that still induced you to go into one of your patented rants.

You should take not from some of the posters and from reality, people can disagree and not be "dumbasses" or "leftist fucks."

Dork. I think I responded to you, not the OP, making your comment pointless.

Disagree all you want. I'll treat you like you treat me. Just as I treat worthless fucks from years past as they have treated me. But then, you haven't been here long enough to know about them, right?

Rookie.

How would you possibly enforce that?

Yeah, how?

Dork. I think I responded to you, not the OP, making your comment pointless.

Disagree all you want. I'll treat you like you treat me. Just as I treat worthless fucks from years past as they have treated me. But then, you haven't been here long enough to know about them, right?

Rookie.

I know you responded to me, I'm talking about your baseless rant towards the OP. Maybe, just maybe, if you think you've been treated bad you could rise up, be the bigger person and respond by acting like an adult rather than a 12 year old?

Yes I'm a rookie compared to others, sadly to you I'm sure I don't take that as an insult.

I'll chalk it all up to you having a bad start to your day for whatever reason, hope for everyone's sake it gets better. Maybe treat yourself to a good lunch or something.

And I'm saying it IS proven that drinking and or smoking during pregnancy are proven dangers whether mommy and daddy have money or not. YOU are saying that if mommy and daddy have money they should be able to risk a babies health.

That's stupid.

What's stupid is debating this when abortion is far more lethal to an unborn baby!

You libs going to tell me you want to criminalize smoking while pregnant, but want to keep legal KILLING THE SUBJECT OF THE PREGNANCY??????

Moronic! Deeply Moronic!

This whole thread gets the fail whale!

05.gif

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Psst. I am no liberal, and in fact I morally oppose abortion, but bringing abortion into THIS thread is a strawman to avoid the original issue, which is should it be illegal to smoke or drink alcohol while pregnant?

LIKE HELL IT IS!

IT'S IS THE EXACT ISSUE.

Abortion is "choice" but smoking is not?

Which kills more kids!

Don't tell me you aren't a liberal if you are going to debate like one! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Every time a liberal doesn't want to address a point they can't refute, they always claim it's a "strawman."

BOTH ISSUES DEAL WITH AN UNBORN CHILD! Yet you say they are unrelated?

Did you think that was going to work??????????? :lmao:

PS I morally oppose abortion, but recognize the need to provide safe abortions to those wo don't oppose them at their own expense to prevent back alley abortions which are far more harmful to society. Only a pipe dream will ever end abortion in this country.

And if I had a dime for every liberal who "personally or morally" opposed abortion but knew we needed to keep it legal, I'd be a rich woman.

That's why you are calling it a strawman. Because you don't want to admit, you are JUST AS MUCH A HYPOCRITE as the rest.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That the statistical outcome for babies born to women who are committed smokers during pregnancy tend to have lower birthweights is a well established fact.

That statistically women who drink serious (perhaps even moderate) amounts of alcohol during pregnancy end up with higher incidents of Acolhol Fetal syndome, ALSO a well established fact.

Suggesting that there is come conspiracy to lie to us about these well understood facts seems sort of silly to me.

That the statistical outcome for babies born to women who are committed smokers during pregnancy tend to have lower birthweights is a well established fact.

That statistically women who drink serious (perhaps even moderate) amounts of alcohol during pregnancy end up with higher incidents of Acolhol Fetal syndome, ALSO a well established fact.

Suggesting that there is come conspiracy to lie to us about these well understood facts seems sort of silly to me.

Thank you and well said, maybe your writing style will get through where mine failed when I tried to say those same things.

No. It is not a crime. Since we as a society have decided a fetus is not a life of it's own until certain point but rather an extension of the mother's body. It is not the government's job to tell us that we must give up freedoms (like smoking or eating food) because it is bad for us.

Thank you and well said, maybe your writing style will get through where mine failed when I tried to say those same things.

So who's getting the reach-around? Y'all are ridiculous.

Forum List

Back