Should We Kill The Fed?

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Kevin_Kennedy, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    Should We Kill the Fed? by Patrick J. Buchanan

2. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,123
    Can the Fed be killed?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    How about we (meaning our government) simple takes control of it?

Of course that won't work because the same people running our private banks will be the people our government puppets put in charge of it.

The more I look at the problem, the more I think we need tar, feathers, a rope and tree to even BEGIN solving the REAL problems we have.

Our leadership, which is nothing more than the unholy aliance between the haves and the servant class of the haves who run THEIR government (it isn't the American people's government folks, get used to it) , has got so many of us bambozzled into thinking that the problem is too much liberalism or too much conservtism, they've been propagandizing us for so long, that few of us can see the forest for the trees.

So none of you patriots are ever going to find the people to use your guns on. ]

And even if you do the wealthy have never had the slightest difficulty finding one citizen to kill another for a modest salary, health care and a pension, have they?

The War on Drugs, which it is obvious most people object to, is prooof positive of that sad fact.

So when the shit hits the fan the people we should be going after will probably be leading us just as they are now.

And we'll dutifully take out whatever scapegoat class our masters tell us is to blame, I suspect.

That's pretty much how formerly civil societies evolve into tyrannies.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  4. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    If push comes to shove they have the ability to starve us into submission. Guns might come in handy at the soup lines.

5. Iriemon

Iriemon VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +99
    We've had 8 years of coservative Republican adminsitration, which made it clear that they're primary objective has been to make the rich richer. So what would you expect? You expect a new Dem president inhereting a financial crises to have turned it all around in 2 months?

I know its sport to look at the Fed in hindsight and say they shoulda raised rates faster or whatever. You can always do that in hindsight.

But giving the government -- Congress and the WH -- control of the money supply would be an unmitigated disaster. Those yahoos can't even balance a budget. You think giving them the keys to free money would be better? We'd have hyperinflation in short order.

6. Kevin_Kennedy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    There was nothing conservative about George Bush's administration, for the record.

The Fed should not have been tampering with interest rates in the first place, that's one of the main causes of this downturn. The market should be setting interest rates.

7. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,177
    After 8 years of watching private bankers, credit card companies, mortgage, oil, healthcare and wallstreet fuck the American people over under the GOP's protection, you still trust the richest bankers?

There is literally no end to America's stupidity.

Quote by: Mayer Amschel Rothschild
    [Mayer Amschel Bauer] (1744 -1812), Godfather of the Rothschild Banking Cartel of Europe

“It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.”

- Henry Ford

Lucky for the bankers that Americans will never understand.

8. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,177
    There was nothing conservative about the GOP run government from 2000-2006 either. I wonder why they didn't keep any of their promises? Why did they break pork spending records for 3 years straight? Can you explain?

And another thing. There is nothing conservative about most Republicans. Last year we told guys like you that the US spends more than the rest of the world on defense, and conservatives like you approved of that kind of spending.

You didn't even care if half of the spending was fraud/waste/corruption.

9. Kevin_Kennedy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    Earmarks aren't a problem sealy, the money is being spent regardless of whether it's earmarked or not. That's not to say that I agree with all of it, but at least understand what an earmark is before you buy into the media's condemnation of it.

I'm not a conservative, which you already know by the way, and I don't approve of our foreign policy or it's price tag. In fact, our Democratic President is far more pro-war than me.

I care very much about government spending sealy, that's one reason why I didn't vote for McCain or Obama.

10. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,177
    Go back and look at all the pork the GOP passed in 2005 and 2006. Seems to me they knew they were going to lose power and so they emptied the treasury before it was over. Remember Bridges to knowhere, etc.

And I don't know why people are calling Obama "pro war". Have you lost interest in capturing/killing Osama and destroying Al Queda and the Taliban?

Remember, us liberals are mad about being lied into Iraq and we are mad at how Bush used Iraq to empty the treasury.

Same as we are not happy about the $750 billion bank bailout right at the end.

So think about all that GOP wasteful spending that went on. The pork of 2005 & 2006, the wars, and now the $750 billion dollar bailout Bush asked for in his last month in office.

Am I nuts to think it was all on purpose?