Should we impose intellectual and integrity requirements to our high power elected officials?

Should we impose intellectual and integrity requirements to our high power elected officials?

• Iq testing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Polygraph Test

• Yes, I think there should be new requirements other than those.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Conviction

Rookie
Mar 15, 2017
After years of watching political debates ive noticed how we as a nation choose our officials. The ones who talk best and have the most money or best financial backing will most likely win. The promises of their campaigns left unfulfilled. We wonder and worry over their intentions and are left usually unhappy from the results. Im curious why we as the most powerful nation allow anyone to lead us without using our best resources to determine if they are capable or if they have motives against our countries interests. Simply put why dont we check intelligence quotients and have set polygraph tests for different possitions in our government? I hope i find a few who share my concern.

Perhaps those requirements should be imposed on the voters instead?

In some states you can't even get a drivers license without showing an original birth certificate. If the democrat party refuses to follow the Constitutional requirement for a candidate for the President of the United States with a real BC certifying that the candidate was born in the USA , any other non Constitutional restrictions are nonsense.

Imposing a test on voters is like asking your boss to take a background test before he hires you...pointless! I do agree that it makes little difference if we cant uphold the requirements as is. This topic is pure speculation. A buddy brought it up and i thought it interesting.

After years of watching political debates ive noticed how we as a nation choose our officials. The ones who talk best and have the most money or best financial backing will most likely win. The promises of their campaigns left unfulfilled. We wonder and worry over their intentions and are left usually unhappy from the results. Im curious why we as the most powerful nation allow anyone to lead us without using our best resources to determine if they are capable or if they have motives against our countries interests. Simply put why dont we check intelligence quotients and have set polygraph tests for different possitions in our government? I hope i find a few who share my concern.

The two parties have their chosen ones and they make sure they get the nomination..
At least at the DNC!

if IQ tests were required for voting rights RussianWingers would never see a voting machine. RussianWinger candidates like their base as stupid as possible.

take Kosh for instance ...

Really stupid idea ^^^^^^

As dirty as politics is why would a person with common sense and intelligence wanna become one?

Lol thats why my status is rookie! Im a scholar not a politician. No doubt the idea is impossible. Im astounded however that no1 would think that in an ideal stuation the people in power should be intelligent and advantageous. Instead i see answered questions with questions, personal bashing, and simplistic statements with no value. Thanks to the few who didnt necessary comment as much on the idea but did point out the lack of adherence to the current requirements thus making the idea just another thing the powerful would find a way around. At least i can consider that a valuable contrbution.

Lol thats why my status is rookie! Im a scholar not a politician. No doubt the idea is impossible. Im astounded however that no1 would think that in an ideal stuation the people in power should be intelligent and advantageous. Instead i see answered questions with questions, personal bashing, and simplistic statements with no value. Thanks to the few who didnt necessary comment as much on the idea but did point out the lack of adherence to the current requirements thus making the idea just another thing the powerful would find a way around. At least i can consider that a valuable contrbution.
Your question is moot because it will never be done. Kind of like we can never again have a poll tax. If some minorities are not able to run because of an IQ test, then there will be cries of discrimination and the test will be called biased. Also, it's the role of the voters to determine if the candidate is qualified to hold office or not, not some IQ Test. And the voters are to be the lie detectors. Problem is, most all politicians are dishonest.

Education stunts intellectual growth. In college, you live like a child, so you wind up with the mind of a child.

Some uneducated dope is trying to justify dropping out of the 3rd grade ^^^^^^^^.

Forum List

Back