Should we fear Mormons more than Muslims?

Only if you are afraid of good decent people.

Heaven save me from 'good decent people.' Every cult is comprised of many 'good decent people.' Then comes the big reveal. No cult ever got going by being mean and nasty. But your good decent people in the LDS gave rise to the FLDS. Anything but 'good decent people.' And even the main branch of LDS has its critics from 'ex Mormons.'

105 testimonies from former Mormons about why they left to get started.

Why We Left - Personal Accounts of Leaving Mormonism

Dissenters tend to be far worse than Mormons themselves. Why? Because turning away from the more truth you have makes the spirit withdraw moreso than those who never knew and don't live such a truth.

The scriptures are full of examples of dissenters from truth becoming more ruthless than those who never had it.

As for anonymous testimonies on an internet board, problem is verification. I've seen never Mormons claim to be Mormons to to testify against the church. One guy claimed to be a faithful Mormon but had no clue what an elder is. He later confessed he was lying for the heck of it.

Another claimed to be a convert who fell away when he learned about baptism for the dead. Problem is we teach it in the lessons that are taken before conversion. You cannot be baptized as a convert and not hear of it.

Another claimed to be a convert and fell away because they found out something that is literally taught in the first lesson.

Now I'm not saying there aren't Mormons and some of them don't have their accounts online. I'm sure some are. But my overwhelming experience is that many of the so called ex Mormons haven't been. And those that I've seen that may have been Mormons really didn't have an accurate understanding of the gospel.

It's a shame too. The restored gospel has a lot to offer the world. Have you read the Book of Mormon yet delta?

Heaven save me from 'good decent people.' Every cult is comprised of many 'good decent people.' Then comes the big reveal. No cult ever got going by being mean and nasty. But your good decent people in the LDS gave rise to the FLDS. Anything but 'good decent people.' And even the main branch of LDS has its critics from 'ex Mormons.'

Dissenters tend to be far worse than Mormons themselves. Why? Because turning away from the more truth you have makes the spirit withdraw moreso than those who never knew and don't live such a truth.

The scriptures are full of examples of dissenters from truth becoming more ruthless than those who never had it.

As for anonymous testimonies on an internet board, problem is verification. I've seen never Mormons claim to be Mormons to to testify against the church. One guy claimed to be a faithful Mormon but had no clue what an elder is. He later confessed he was lying for the heck of it.

Another claimed to be a convert who fell away when he learned about baptism for the dead. Problem is we teach it in the lessons that are taken before conversion. You cannot be baptized as a convert and not hear of it.

Another claimed to be a convert and fell away because they found out something that is literally taught in the first lesson.

Now I'm not saying there aren't Mormons and some of them don't have their accounts online. I'm sure some are. But my overwhelming experience is that many of the so called ex Mormons haven't been. And those that I've seen that may have been Mormons really didn't have an accurate understanding of the gospel.

It's a shame too. The restored gospel has a lot to offer the world. Have you read the Book of Mormon yet delta?

I actually tried to read it back when Romney was running. I found it difficult since I couldn't get past the Introduction - laughed too much.

Introduction

I actually tried to read it back when Romney was running. I found it difficult since I couldn't get past the Introduction - laughed too much.

Introduction

If you read a little further, you'll find out where you are prophecied about

Introduction

BoM isn't on my reading list. If something interesting happens re: LDS maybe I'll give it another go.

Introduction

BoM isn't on my reading list. If something interesting happens re: LDS maybe I'll give it another go.

I hope you reconsider. I think you would like it.

Introduction

Book of Moses? Where did that come from anyway?

The Book of Mormon was a translated record of prophets who lived in the Americas at the time of Christ and before.

Oh and to answer the original post. You have nothing to fear from Mormons. Mormons walking the walk will be the best friends you can have

Mormonism is a cult of gullible retards and those who benefit from such.

In terms of danger, certainly give muslims a higher danger mark than mornins though

Introduction

No, I meant the Book of Moses from I guess it is called the Pearl of Great Price. It speaks to the image/impression of God I have been getting from the OT, and elsewhere. Off topic anyway, maybe I will start a thread on it some day.

Introduction

No, I meant the Book of Moses from I guess it is called the Pearl of Great Price. It speaks to the image/impression of God I have been getting from the OT, and elsewhere. Off topic anyway, maybe I will start a thread on it some day.

It was revelation given through the inspired translation of the first chapters of genesis.

I have nothing against Mormons or their religion, but they do come off as heavily indoctrinated, law worshipping, family oriented worker ants... which to most Americans, is an ideal weltanschauung...

Yet I have higher aspirations. I am too ambitious and Naturally commited to something more. Something beyond the illusion in front of us. Something beyond the propaganda, the social control and conditioning, the subservience to the Law & religion, the indoctrination...​

"CIA torture architect stepped down as Mormon leader"

CIA torture architect stepped down as Mormon leader Las Vegas Review-Journal

"A recent visitor to CIA headquarters noted with some amusement the large numbers of earnest young men walking around carrying the Book of Mormon."

The Mormon Thing The American Conservative
I can't see them recruiting people over at any better rate than Muslims or christians. Probably not after that southpark episode. Dumb dumb dumb. Ever see it? Utube it.

Wait, let me get this right.... You point out that there may be a large number of Mormons in the CIA and then equate that to a dangerous situation like murderous Muslim terrorists? I thought the CIA were our spy's and good guys?
Not if they are a cult trying to take over. Just playing nice until they take over. Gestapo checking to see if you have magic underwear. They even tried to win the white house twice but no cigar.

It was revelation given through the inspired translation of the first chapters of genesis.
It is just a bit of coincidence that yesterday evening during my late evening prayers I came to comprehend Moses 1:7-9. One must be pure enough but God must also be willing to envelop one into His awareness/Holy Ghost (something like that) but then one can feel/see with much greater scope. Worded poorly. Verses 10 and 11 do a much better job. I just find it somewhat surprising to find that articulated the very next day. That scripture reaffirms experience.

edited] will -> willing 10 -> 11 (can't think and type at the same time apparently)

Forum List

Back