Should we be worried about Ayres/Rezko?

Discussion in 'Congress' started by DavidS, Oct 6, 2008.

1. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    Let's face it, even though Obama's intentions were good, that's not what the American people will focus on. They will focus on Obama's connections to terrorists. Let's also think that Obama loses Tuesday night's town hall debate with McCain. Combined with Palin's performance and McCain's attacks, we could be watching Obama's lead evaporate. McCain and Palin are hitting Obama hard and with Biden out of the fight until Wednesday, we could have a virtual tie between the two, which would mean Florida and North Carolina turn red.

The final debate will be about the economy next Wednesday. One of the states hardest hit by the economy is Ohio. No Republican candidate has ever won the election without Ohio. I don't think McCain can win Ohio.

So in the end, McCain and Palin are going to attack and wound Obama, but if Obama sticks to the script and keeps talking about the economy... he might just win the election. It's not going to be a landslide though, it's going to be a very, very close election.

2. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
  3. Isolde

Isolde Knucklehead

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121
    Obama is a clear and present danger to our economy.

Don't believe me? Just take a look at the market's reaction to the prospect of an Obama presidency. 'nuf said.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. I Missthe North

I Missthe North Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I hope you don't seriously believe that today's events were because of the possibility of an Obama presidency. The massive drop today was due to the fact that people are beginning to realize that the bailout is not going to effect the credit markets right away and that the world economy is getting hit hard because of what is going on here. To claim that Obama was the cause for the DOW dropping 800 points is insane. I just don't see how you could logically make that argument.

5. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    Obama priorites are getting out of Iraq, universal healthcare, and American energy independence......three things which will help America and help the American economy.

6. DavidS

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    You've sunk to a new low of absolute stupidity. The market is reacting to the subprime mortgage crisis, not Obama.

If the market wanted McCain for president, we'd be in DOW 18,000 territory.

7. I Missthe North

I Missthe North Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I also wish that the American public would look deeper in the Ayers situation, because I feel like if they did, they would realize it is nothing to take seriously. McCain and Palin however have done a great job on bringing it up as much as possible and I have a feeling that is all many Americans will need/want to hear; especially Republicans. We will see though. Hopefully America is smarter then that.

8. oreo

oreo Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,175
    Should we worry about Obama's continual history & association with extreme radicals?

Ask yourself this. Would you hang out with one of Charles Manson's crowd, whom is non-repentant in the horrific murders they committed?

In fact, one that stated they just wished they could have done more.

I think if you can say YES to that question, then you probably should vote for Obama.

9. DavidS

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    I'm 29 years old, a small business owner and I have no health insurance. It would be nice to have health insurance... but I'm afraid of letting the government run it. Medicare and medicaid are getting cut, social security is going to run out of money soon and now we want to place something else under the control of the government? Listen, I like Obama and all, but I think we need to place more regulations on the healthcare industry and force them to lower their prices and accept pre-existing conditions.

Do you know today that if a 35 year old mother of 4 earning $50,000 a year has a lapse of more than 30 days without health insurance and is diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer on the 31st day, that no insurance company will cover her cancer treatment because they consider it a pre-existing condition? I mean, come on! That's disgusting.

10. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    Every other Western democracy in the world has a single payer healthcare system, and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare and cover everyone. Why? Because they don't have to pay liability lawyers, insurance companies, and Big Pharma.

Read the article at this link....

Mythbusting Canadian Health Care -- Part I | OurFuture.org