Should this patch be on a law enforcement officer?

It's just a patch that can't hurt you the human that is wearing bleeds just like the rest of us. It's something to use as an intimidation factor

Maybe I'm missing something but I doubt hardened criminals will give a fuck less about a patch, maybe a little school boy but not grown men.

I think it is inappropriate...U.S. Special Forces, YES.... but not a civilian police force.

They're to protect and to serve.... not be mercenaries.

]

Isn't "protect" and "serve" the job of the military also? What is the difference between a 25 year old special forces guy being asked to confront an armed and violent stranger to "protect" America, and a 25 year old swat guy being asked to confront an armed and violent stranger to "protect" his city, county, state or, in extreme cases, his country also (like 9-11)?

There are violent threats all over the world, including at home. We need a-type men who are willing to risk their lives, as well as put their loved ones through stressful nights of worry, to protect us from that. Those men like a certain level of macho culture, else they'd quit and no longer want the job.

I could understand not wanting the Mayberry County Sheriff deputy who is doing career day at Mayberry Elementary having that patch. But a SWAT team that is meant only for confronting the worst and most dangerous situations inside our borders? Seems ok to me. I dont want metrosexual, hair gelling men who wear pink to be carrying assault rifles and swat vests into the school that is being shot up if my kid is in that school. I want the swat guy who is personally pissed and has a skull tattoo on his arm, who has trained and lived for the day this evil bastard shot up a school.

Sorry folks, our nation is becoming more violent and dangerous with time. Our cops, especially swat cops, must meet force with force. And men who are willing to do that are the type of men who would join Army special forces.........or want a skull on their swat patch.

It says "PREDATOR OF PREDATORS"... That just doesn't come off to me in a good way.

Yep, around here we call him Broke Back Babeu... Yep under investigation once again.

What is Babeu's problem? I read he has two Republicans against in the primary, plus Democratic opposition; he isn't "adored" like Arpaio, but seems just as hard core "anti crime".

As long as their attitude while on duty isn't a reflection of it, I couldn't care less.

Agreed. However.....a few points:

- I recognize that there are dangerous, violent people inside our borders.
- I recognize that we need men willing to possibly die to protect us from those threats.

- I recognize that some of those men are gonna be a-types, who sometimes get pissed and angry and aren't necessarily choir boys.

- When one of those violent threats emerge, like today in Oakland, I want those a-type cops to be personally pissed off at the bad guy, and be willing to kick the living shit out of the bad guy if necessary, or even kill the bad guy if the bad guy wont go peacefully.

I recognize the above realities, and dont expect my police forces to be full of Andy Griffiths.

Our police officers are trained to handle the situations they are faced with, a-type or not.

Yep. And you could train Sean Penn or Glenn Beck to be swat cops. You think they'd have the mindset to kick in that door with a gang member and AK47 on the other side? Nope. Thats why the military people say training is such a mental thing. Not everyone has the mindset to run into gunfire, or into a burning building (thanks firemen). Just like not everyone has the mindset to sit in a classroom and teach 30 of someone elses children for no pay (thanks teachers), and not everyone is mentally strong enough to be away from home for a year fighting strangers who threaten the US economic system and our safety (thanks military) OR strong enough to stay married to those folks (thanks military spouses).

See how that works? All people are different. And it takes a certain type of men to do a job as a swat cop, for low pay, get hated by half the public, work shitty hours, and possibly get killed on-duty all to protect a community that probably doesn't care or hates them. Those type of guys are that way before training.....training just teaches methods.....and yes, they probably are the dudes with scary tattoos on their arms. But feel free to send Erin Brockovich through swat school and let her save you in a hostage-bank robbery should it ever happen to you or a loved one. I'm sure the training would be enough to morph her into a swat cop with little fear.

To me, it does not look professional. But we have a different generation out there, so this may be the only way to communicate with street thugs who can barely read and don't respect the law.

IDK. Whatever the town allows. Community standard.

Maybe I'm missing something but I doubt hardened criminals will give a fuck less about a patch, maybe a little school boy but not grown men.

I think it is inappropriate...U.S. Special Forces, YES.... but not a civilian police force.

]

Isn't "protect" and "serve" the job of the military also? What is the difference between a 25 year old special forces guy being asked to confront an armed and violent stranger to "protect" America, and a 25 year old swat guy being asked to confront an armed and violent stranger to "protect" his city, county, state or, in extreme cases, his country also (like 9-11)?

There are violent threats all over the world, including at home. We need a-type men who are willing to risk their lives, as well as put their loved ones through stressful nights of worry, to protect us from that. Those men like a certain level of macho culture, else they'd quit and no longer want the job.

I could understand not wanting the Mayberry County Sheriff deputy who is doing career day at Mayberry Elementary having that patch. But a SWAT team that is meant only for confronting the worst and most dangerous situations inside our borders? Seems ok to me. I dont want metrosexual, hair gelling men who wear pink to be carrying assault rifles and swat vests into the school that is being shot up if my kid is in that school. I want the swat guy who is personally pissed and has a skull tattoo on his arm, who has trained and lived for the day this evil bastard shot up a school.

Sorry folks, our nation is becoming more violent and dangerous with time. Our cops, especially swat cops, must meet force with force. And men who are willing to do that are the type of men who would join Army special forces.........or want a skull on their swat patch.

Bucs,
You don't need a combat soldier mindset to do that, and you don't want the combat mindset in civilian law enforcement. A combat mindset is too much of a "kill, kill kill!" mentality. There's little restraint, often almost none. There's a difference between that and a type-A personality, quite a large one, as anyone who has been in combat can attest.

That patch is fine-in a special ops infantry unit, maybe. In the civilian world, it's over the top.

]

Isn't "protect" and "serve" the job of the military also? What is the difference between a 25 year old special forces guy ...
How about this one?

SS_Totenkopf.jpg

That ought to put the fear of God in some of those evil marijuana smokers!

Appropriate? Nope.

Make me think twice about committing a crime there? Oh most definitely.

Such stuff amuses the KINDS of people who go into law enforcement.

Basically these DEATH HEADS patches are honest represntations of who these people THINK they are.

Deadly men with license to kill.

Forum List

Back