Should the rape of a human being be a death sentence?

No.

Rape is a complicated crime..and takes a great deal to sort out.

Sometimes the "rapist" turns out to be innocent.

DNA for example can be found where a person touches you on skin or clothes, so sperm alone isn't needed.

Good detective work is needed, proper procedures followed, and a court room.

There was a case some time ago where a man got convicted for both torturing and raping a woman. He got a very severe jail sentence for it. Subsequently it was found that he contacted her via the internet..and she was looking for the type of sex they engaged in.

He was exonerated.

Like I said..rape is a very complicated crime.

ya sometimes and sometimes you have a 14 yr old girl with hand print bruises on both her arms from a 28 year old man and a confession and it results in no jail time.....true story

DNA for example can be found where a person touches you on skin or clothes, so sperm alone isn't needed.

There was a case some time ago where a man got convicted for both torturing and raping a woman. He got a very severe jail sentence for it. Subsequently it was found that he contacted her via the internet..and she was looking for the type of sex they engaged in.

He was exonerated.

ya sometimes and sometimes you have a 14 yr old girl with hand print bruises on both her arms from a 28 year old man and a confession and it results in no jail time.....true story

this 28 year old... did he have a good job?

no. killing a rapist is not justice. killing a killer is.

In a rapist's eyes, maybe. Not in the victim's eyes.

well, one could say the same thing about a victim of a cheating spouse.

Yeah, if you want to make cheating a death sentence. I don't see that rising to the level of rape of a human being. I see rape as a violent sexual assualt that leaves a person scarred for life, both physically and mentality. I see rape victims committing suicide due to their inner torment.

In a rapist's eyes, maybe. Not in the victim's eyes.

Yeah, if you want to make cheating a death sentence. I don't see that rising to the level of rape of a human being. I see rape as a violent sexual assualt that leaves a person scarred for life, both physically and mentality. I see rape victims committing suicide due to their inner torment.

i don't want cheating to be a capital offense. adultery can cause all things you listed minus the assault. Again, you said from the victim's perspective.

He was exonerated.

Yes indeed, that is why we have court rooms. You have the same type of circumstantial evidence cases in child sexual abuse, but the court figures out using evidence. Do you want to give child molesters a death sentence? I do.

On the first pass..he was convicted. The guy's family pressed for an investigation. Had he been executed..he would be dead..and innocent.

I sort of understand the very human impluse to call for blood when a crime is committed, but I kinda thought people living in this country understood why our justice system works the way it does.

Should the rape of a human being be a death sentence?

Depends on what you were wearing.

That could refer to a lot of crimes. :lol: A busty women is pulled over and given a speeding ticket. She tells the judge she was singled out because of what she was wearing. LOL!

i don't want cheating to be a capital offense. adultery can cause all things you listed minus the assault. Again, you said from the victim's perspective.

Adultery does not cause rape, anymore than eating marshmallows would cause rape.

Adultery does not cause rape, anymore than eating marshmallows would cause rape.

no. it doesn't. but the victim of adultery may believe death is appropriate for the offender.

No way.

For starters a lot of rape convictions rely way too heavily on the testimony on the victim.

I'm not saying most of them lie, but a slight few of them do and some of them accidentally finger the wrong person.

So yeah not enough certainty for me.

Also it gives the rapist a good reason to kill the victim to avoid being caught (I mean their punishment can't possibly get worse if they're all ready going to get death for the rape. It also means the victim will never go to the police).

Last edited:
the laws are total messed up..you have boys in jail in some states that had girl friend under 16 and then there are men that have raped 14 yr old girl I know of personally that got probation and no jail time !

That is why federal law is superior for the USA, it brings equality and "equal justice" to crimes, to age, to professional credentials, etc. States offer us chaos. Look at the qualifications for president by each state.

I thought states didn't get to set qualifications for president (correct me if I'm wrong).

Did you mean qualifications for governor?

No. In fact, we should abolish capital punishment completely...for the same reasons cited in this thread.

No way.

For starters a lot of rape convictions rely way too heavily on the testimony on the victim.

I'm not saying most of them lie, but a slight few of them do and some of them accidentally finger the wrong person.

So yeah not enough certainty for me.

Also it gives the rapist a good reason to kill the victim to avoid being caught (I mean their punishment can't possibly get worse if they're all ready going to get death for the rape. It also means the victim will never go to the police).

Agreed.

there was a case some time ago where a man got convicted for both torturing and raping a woman. He got a very severe jail sentence for it. Subsequently it was found that he contacted her via the internet..and she was looking for the type of sex they engaged in.

He was exonerated.

Like i said..rape is a very complicated crime.

this 28 year old... Did he have a good job?

no.not really he worked as an usher at a movie theater thats where he met the victim and invited her to his "party"

this 28 year old... Did he have a good job?

no.not really he worked as an usher at a movie theater thats where he met the victim and invited her to his "party"

was he going to college? were his parents rich?

Forum List

Back