Should the President of the United States ever bow before another world leader?

This discussion reminds me of why children today have little manners, they think that being impolite raises their status when it really makes them look immature. Not to bow would have been impolite, glad to see most here agree.

President Obama created a new presidential precedent when he bowed to the Japanese Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko Saturday.

No president of the United States in the more than 230 years since the country was founded in 1776 had ever bowed to a member of royalty. That was until Barack Obama's presidency.

From Global Times Forum

BS. Somebody already sensationalized this topic.

The President should NEVER bow in subservience to ANYONE. But then, we know that's not what bowing means in Japan, don't we? It's a formal greeting and a show of respect. Did not the Emperor return the bow?

:eusa_doh:

Should the President of the US disrespect the customs, traditions and courtesies of of other cultures/nations just to prove he's yet another arrogant American?

I didn't think so.

I see it differently. Japan attacked the USA onf Dec. 7, 1941. Thousands and Thousands of our soldiers died defeating Japan. He should of course show respect,but that can be done in other ways other than bowing, bowing does in fact show deference or subservience. I believe I read somewhere that obama's bow was at 45 degrees.Obama should stand up proud for this country I'm still waiting for him to do so.

We practically own Japan. Get over it. Obama bowed. BFD.

The President should NEVER bow in subservience to ANYONE. But then, we know that's not what bowing means in Japan, don't we? It's a formal greeting and a show of respect. Did not the Emperor return the bow?

Should the President of the US disrespect the customs, traditions and courtesies of of other cultures/nations just to prove he's yet another arrogant American?

I didn't think so.

I see it differently. Japan attacked the USA onf Dec. 7, 1941. Thousands and Thousands of our soldiers died defeating Japan. He should of course show respect,but that can be done in other ways other than bowing, bowing does in fact show deference or subservience. I believe I read somewhere that obama's bow was at 45 degrees.Obama should stand up proud for this country I'm still waiting for him to do so.

well asshole,, the discussion was "should he have?" I gave my opinion,, get over it.. we don't owe Japan the "courtsey of a deep bow" warm friendly handshake will do just fine.

President Obama created a new presidential precedent when he bowed to the Japanese Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko Saturday.

No president of the United States in the more than 230 years since the country was founded in 1776 had ever bowed to a member of royalty. That was until Barack Obama's presidency.

From Global Times Forum

I didn't think so.

WWII ended in 1945.:lol:

Bowing is a customary greeting in Japan it shows respect.

Are you telling me every time I bowed to an opponent before a match I showing subservience prior to whipping his ass?

I'm just not seeing it.

From Global Times Forum
You gotta love how CON$ervative sheep mindlessly parrot the GOP propaganda they blindly swallow from hate radio. :cuckoo:

Eisenhower was a bowing fool.

eisenhower+bow.jpg

Pope John XXIII
AP5912040168%282%29.jpg

wife of Italian Prime Minister Giovanni Gronchi
AP590428059.jpg

Archbishop Iakovos of New York, Primate of the Greek Orthodox Church of North and South America
AP5909020306%282%29.jpg

Charles De Gaulle
bush-in-china.jpg

Bush in China showing deference to a communist

Listen to the left tard kettle calling the pot black.:lol:

well asshole,, the discussion was "should he have?" I gave my opinion,, get over it.. we don't owe Japan the "courtsey of a deep bow" warm friendly handshake will do just fine.

Except a warm, friendly handshake is not a custom in Japan.

From Global Times Forum

there are only two circumstances the president should bow .. to Jesus or the aliens depending on who shows up to kick our asses first...the rest can go fuck themselves

Forum List

Back