Should the OBL hit been kept

gloating works for me. I love to watch the celebrations in NEw York.. I just think we should have hung his stinking rotting body on the Brooklyn Bridge.

Quiet so we could have made use of actionable intel that is perishable
or was it more important to gloat?

I don't see where it would have done much good. After all, the people on whom we had intel on would have found out about fairly quickly through their network. Actually, gloating may have stirred them up enough to raise the "chatter" level, leading to MORE actionable intel.

gloating works for me. I love to watch the celebrations in NEw York.. I just think we should have hung his stinking rotting body on the Brooklyn Bridge.

Personally, I'm happy it was done this way. We are not inhuman hysterical idiots (well, most of us aren't... there are a few on both sides that give cause for concern.... :lol:). Putting his body on display is something the barbarians do, not Americans. In fact, I think executing him and dumping his body in the ocean shows how little we care about him and his band of terrorists. No silly behavior, no ranting, no raving.... just justice and let him rot in the ocean and feed the fish. Fitting end for an inhuman being.

The big catch on the intel grabbed from the compound would be to see which governments have been cooperating with him. Stuff like that is not time sensitive, as would be any attacks in the early planning stage.

As someone stated before they would start changing stuff the second they knew themselves the compound was comprimised, and this resulting need to communicate helps intel as well.

I don't see where it would have done much good. After all, the people on whom we had intel on would have found out about fairly quickly through their network. Actually, gloating may have stirred them up enough to raise the "chatter" level, leading to MORE actionable intel.

Oh...I would bet the "chat" level is at a fever pitch as these morons are trying to sort this out.

They are probably trying to find out who "ratted" Osama out. My guess is that there is much turmoil and gnashing of teeth. They also have to establish a new figure head. They need a spokesperson that the West will pay attention to when they put out their stupid threatening videos.

Nope! I think it was great to make it public for us to have something to "gloat" over. All those asshats needed to go ballistic was the scene outside the White House.....A couple thousand average Americans sending a big fat FUCK YOU to Al Quida. The internet and telephone traffic should keep the NSA analyzers busy for months.

It may well be that we've already got as much as we were going to get with him still alive, killing the bastard when we had the chance works for me. I think the CIA already knows who he's been in contact with, and will get more information from the computer stuff they confiscated.

It would have been hard to keep this one quiet.

The bad guys would have started screaming martyr in hours leaving us all scratching our heads until someone in the know leaked it. There is also something to be said for reminding them that whether they know it or not their clock is ticking and we don't forget.

I figured some idiots on the Right would be pissed that the president didn't sit on this for a few weeks or months,

so the idiots could claim he was trying to put it closer to the election, for political purposes, or some such imbecilic drivel.

It would have been hard to keep this one quiet.

The bad guys would have started screaming martyr in hours leaving us all scratching our heads until someone in the know leaked it. There is also something to be said for reminding them that whether they know it or not their clock is ticking and we don't forget.

Well, I suspect the Pakistani's would not have kept it quiet. It's not like this happened on US soil, or one of our more trustworthy allies, where we could have controlled the information.

Simply put, Obama had no option but to go public - and fast. And he's played the whole media spin very well.

I shouldn't have been a hit at all. We should have just grabbed him and made him talk. But I agree. They didn't need to let the world know at all. But kill him when they were done and then feed the fish.

Forum List

Back