Should the Govt subsidize fruits and vegetables?

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
Govt subsidize corn, wheat and other bullshit that is making America a fatass nation. Why not subsidize fruits? Or don't subsidize anything?

I don't believe this is just a personal responsibility since there are teams of scientist who engineer foods to literally makes you want more. Should the Govt get involved or just survival of the fittest and don't say anything to the makers of frankenfood?

Or don't subsidize anything?

That^

Don't hold your breath. The federal planners on the right have their winners and losers that must be subsidized and goodness knows the left thinks they know what's best for everyone else.

The Constitution was supposed to prevent such meddling. Today you'll find that document in the crapper, along side the stinking pile left by the hall monitors who continue to believe THEY have the magic beans to shape the economy and society for the good of everyone, all historical evidence to the contrary.

Personally, I like a limited government approach. Maximum freedom, equal justice, and no subsidizes/no meddling other than enumerated powers and amendments. I want leaders that run on their adherence to the law and personal honesty/integrity, not on how many new laws they added to the pile of failed and costly attempts to plan what free people should decide.

Of course, states are free to meddle...now what was that I heard today about California's debt? You mean the planners in Sacramento DIDN'T have the right magic beans? Color me shocked...

Last edited:
The fact is that we subsidize all the stuff that is bad for us and companies have scientist to make us want more and more on a molecular level. Shouldnt Govt get involved when it gets this bad. I know some call that a nanny state but what we have now is bullshit.

I'm watching "weight of a nation" on HBO and they said that 2/3 of all Americans are overweight and they are discussing how that affects America as a whole. Doesn't look good.

Govt subsidize corn, wheat and other bullshit that is making America a fatass nation. Why not subsidize fruits? Or don't subsidize anything?

I don't believe this is just a personal responsibility since there are teams of scientist who engineer foods to literally makes you want more. Should the Govt get involved or just survival of the fittest and don't say anything to the makers of frankenfood?

Why do fruits and nuts continue to be ignorant about the fact that corn is the miracle crop that makes a thousand products that make their hypocritical lives better?

Make Lives better? No one hates corn and I know you cannot have a conversation without playing the victim but please give it a try.

Starch feeds the world, I do worry about the consequences of gene tailored monoculture but without it we are going to starve.

Personally, I like a limited government approach. Maximum freedom, equal justice, and no subsidizes/no meddling other than enumerated powers and amendments. .

What about exterenal costs? For example pollution from coal makes people sick and causes global warming. The goverment should tax coal the same amount of costs that it imposes in order to make a more efficent economy

Personally, I like a limited government approach. Maximum freedom, equal justice, and no subsidizes/no meddling other than enumerated powers and amendments. .

What about exterenal costs? For example pollution from coal makes people sick and causes global warming. The goverment should tax coal the same amount of costs that it imposes in order to make a more efficent economy

But because it doesn't cause global warming.....it is just the government chosing winners and losers.

You clowns are like cattle headed to slaughter.

If you could prove that, certainly lawyers could do the same and would be successfully suing the pants off coal companies. Yet the coal keeps burning, powering the very lights in the government buildings of Washington DC. That's because those coal plants and coal mining operations have passed government inspection and regulations. They are protected by the very government you bow down to.

Treat property rights as the sacred thing it is and the tort and contract laws governing those rights will allow you to prove your case in court. Tort claims to protect the environment would be possible without the cronyism you're supporting with your vote. Ironic.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back