Should the FBI investigate the cause of the oil spill?

Should the FBI investigate the cause of the oil spil?

• Yes, I want them hung

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • I'm sure its covered up by now

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No, there is no proof of criminal activity

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
I'm disappointed that Obama and Holder are ignoring the cause of the oil spill. IMHO thr FBI needs to see if BP cut corners, and was there collusion between BP the regulators?

I want some jail time for the criminals that caused this disaster.

I'm disappointed that Obama and Holder are ignoring the cause of the oil spill. IMHO thr FBI needs to see if BP cut corners, and was there collusion between BP the regulators?

BO, knows who caused the Oil Spill, how else could he get his Cap and Tax Plan going unless he had a diversion and a good spin to get the sheeples off track :lol::lol:

at the same time that the FBI are investigating BP will they also investigate the following;

Transocean - the owner and operator of the rig?
Halliburton - the sub contractor responsible for plugging the well?
Occidental - Responsible for the Piper Alpha Platform in the north sea - 150 dead?
Union Carbide - Responsible for the Factory explosion in Bhopal in India - 25,000 dead?
The American Military - for not removing its unexplored ordnance in Iraq, Afghanistan and south east Asia?
The American Military - for the murder of British military personnel due to lack of professionalism and training on the part of American pilots?

Need I go on......

BO, knows who caused the Oil Spill, how else could he get his Cap and Tax Plan going unless he had a diversion and a good spin to get the sheeples off track :lol::lol:

Obama probably used Rove's old scuba suit for when he blew up the levees

Do you also want BP to continue to cooperate with the government and pay people who are impacted by the spill? If so, the last thing you want is a criminal investigation. That will force BP to change its approach to this whole thing from one of cooperation to finding a solution to the mess, and preventing it from happening in the future, to one of defending itself against criminal charges. The two are mutually exclusive.

at the same time that the FBI are investigating BP will they also investigate the following;

Transocean - the owner and operator of the rig?
Halliburton - the sub contractor responsible for plugging the well?
Occidental - Responsible for the Piper Alpha Platform in the north sea - 150 dead?
Union Carbide - Responsible for the Factory explosion in Bhopal in India - 25,000 dead?
The American Military - for not removing its unexplored ordnance in Iraq, Afghanistan and south east Asia?
The American Military - for the murder of British military personnel due to lack of professionalism and training on the part of American pilots?

Need I go on......

Yes, please go on, you can add "was the blow-out preventer faulty". I want whoever was involved enabling the blow-out prosecuted to the fullest extent. IMHO it was a decision how to seal the blow-out preventer in the hole.

The "red herrings" are irrelevant. Union Carbide is out of business, Occidental is still around, that North Sea incident the EU can handle, they have lots of lawyers. The US military is made up of individuals, they can answer to the military for their actions. Lets stick to the largest oil spill in world history, possibly due to criminal negligence and collusion.

Do you also want BP to continue to cooperate with the government and pay people who are impacted by the spill? If so, the last thing you want is a criminal investigation. That will force BP to change its approach to this whole thing from one of cooperation to finding a solution to the mess, and preventing it from happening in the future, to one of defending itself against criminal charges. The two are mutually exclusive.

Circling the wagons to defend criminal behavior is a sign of guilt. The way its going there may not be a BP this fall. Is BP a top notch Corporation with a few "bad-apples", or a bunch of sleaze-balls who we'd rather put out of business?

I would have cut the dividends in half, not suspend them for 3-QTRs. How can I buy BP stock if I can't trust their management?

I saw on the news that at the time John Browne was President of BP, and according to the reports he was known for cutting corners and to do things cheaply. Isn't it funny how he retired just prior to the DeepHorizon explosion. Or, am I off on this?

I can't answer this poll. Yes there should be an independent investigation, after the mess is cleaned up. And it shouldn't be geared toward a criminal investigation but what happened, why, and how do we prevent it from happening again. And it should be 100% politics free.

This has already set BP back a fortune that they may have spent working on alternate energy. And it is going to cost them much more. Remember BP is one of the leading researchers in alternate energy besides being an oil company.

Forum List

Back