Should teachers be armed?

Should teachers be armed?

• Total voters
well, assuming you arebeing serious about the razor wire and etc...

it is that or arming teachers.. Why is one or the other not bein done (tht I know of?)
No. It is not. Those are not rational moves, so they will not even be seriously considered, to put into effect.

If it became public that teachers were armed, wouldn't that be the first target of any potential murderer?

You don't want most teachers armed, and most teachers wouldn't want to be.
Answers like that from an actual teacher, make me think, I might actually support you being armed, if you decided, but know it is not anything you would ever choose to go along with. I suspect you are pretty decent at what you do, and generally rational in thought and action. Not all are.

Answers like that from an actual teacher, make me think, I might actually support you being armed, if you decided, but know it is not anything you would ever choose to go along with. I suspect you are pretty decent at what you do, and generally rational in thought and action. Not all are.

In my case it's not that I wouldn't agree to it, but I have to be honest about the fact that I have zero training or experience with firearms. I would of course put myself between any danger and my students, and the son of a bitch had better kill me if he can because otherwise...

In my case it's not that I wouldn't agree to it, but I have to be honest about the fact that I have zero training or experience with firearms. I would of course put myself between any danger and my students, and the son of a bitch had better kill me if he can because otherwise...
Hopefully it will never come to that, for your sake and your students.

No

Teachers are trained to teach, not to be SWAT team members
We saw in Uvalde how even highly trained police hesitate to confront a highly armed gunman.

To expect teachers to play “Die Hard” and Rambo” is fantasy
Currently the best you can do is lock the damn doors and not prop one open for convenience as was done in Uvalde.

....................., and the son of a bitch had better kill me if he can because otherwise...
You have some strong feelings for the matter and you show that by getting emotional. Or maybe at least feigning emotion.

But do you understand that this thread and all the other ones like it are nothing but blowing smoke?

Americans must accept responsibility for the culture they have created that is causing so many shootings of innocent school children and other Americans.

You're all really just saying that human lives aren't worth accepting the fact that America is immersed in a culture of death by gun.

Yesterday 'justoffal' hinted at accepting the facts as I've stated, but the idea is always going to be much too unpopular to be accepted.

And so, many more school children are going to be slaughtered by gun because Americans won't accept their character flaw that is responsible.

There's nothing else that separates Americans from the rest of the world.

The number of guns and the type of guns has been soundly ruled out by the majority on both sides.

Your emotions or your feigned emotions, won't make any difference Ter.

Wait, judging by your avatar you need a katana or at least some kami.

Currently the best you can do is lock the damn doors and not prop one open for convenience as was done in Uvalde.

You don't want to know how often somebody props open a door (though, of course, they should not).

You don't want to know how often somebody props open a door (though, of course, they should not).
Americans have forfeited the simple basic freedom to prop a door open, in exchange for not accepting responsibility for the slaughter of their children by gun.

This thread has to be good for at least two more pages of blowing smoke over the school shootings issue, before it ends in the same way as all the other gun discussions!

There was no propped open door. Video from inside shows one of the victim teachers running in through said door and closing it. It did not lock like it should.

Forum List

Back