• Not only no but double the interest

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
I got this from Yahoo News and it presents an important question.

It mentions that students – or graduates – are in debt to the tune of $1.25 TRILLION! And that lots of Dimocrap candidates want to see it “forgiven.”

It would only help 42 million people, a mere 14?% of Americans.

My take is simple. Why should you go to college if you’re not ready to pay your way?

My granddaughter is going to college, studying civil engineering. She is receiving scholarships because she busted her butt in high school, earning straight As. And she’s working part-time to help pay for her school costs.

Is she less important than those parasites who sit around doing nothing to get degrees in art appreciation or minority theme studies?

And then comes this:

"It is complicated and potentially fraught and has many specifics that will have to be more thoroughly vetted, and some groups will benefit more than others, but as a statement of values, it is clear. It is a vision that says higher education should be accessible to people regardless of race, class, or place of origin." — John Warner, Inside Higher Ed

Why? Where in our constitution does it say there is a right to higher education?

"This pander will not only be incredibly costly, but it will be a slap in the face to those who have already struggled to pay off their student loans without government assistance." — Philip Klein, Washington Examiner

Muck, much more @ Should student loan debt be canceled?

They had Doctors that would go through all college to the tune of At Least 100,000 dollars, correct? Then declare Bankruptcy. Not that it was any hardship on them. That's why the law changes to say there isn't forgiveness on student loans. That's why I voted "only critical degrees" . Its hilarious. Its on top now of your poll.

Selling your soul to the Rapture Palooza beast usually takes care of it. Plus, he needs your character recommendation for a post-Master Doctorate dissertation.

No seriously, you guys! Most women aren't in college to get a "professional degree" that makes "money". Its all about the intellectual activity, swirling around.

It mentions that students – or graduates – are in debt to the tune of $1.25 TRILLION! And that lots of Dimocrap candidates want to see it “forgiven.”

My take is simple. Why should you go to college if you’re not ready to pay your way?

My granddaughter is going to college, studying civil engineering. She is receiving scholarships because she busted her butt in high school, earning straight As. And she’s working part-time to help pay for her school costs.

Is she less important than those parasites who sit around doing nothing to get degrees in art appreciation or minority theme studies?

And then comes this:

"It is complicated and potentially fraught and has many specifics that will have to be more thoroughly vetted, and some groups will benefit more than others, but as a statement of values, it is clear. It is a vision that says higher education should be accessible to people regardless of race, class, or place of origin." — John Warner, Inside Higher Ed

Why? Where in our constitution does it say there is a right to higher education?

"This pander will not only be incredibly costly, but it will be a slap in the face to those who have already struggled to pay off their student loans without government assistance." — Philip Klein, Washington Examiner

Why? I can’t see how much your daughter owes can I?

The whole debt thing is a scam. Universities spend like drunken sailors on payday.

And then comes this:

Well, govt. support of too big to fail businesses is a rip off also yet it is done.

What's a publicly 50% state funded , research intensive, payday scam tuition grubby, make you stay on campus all your semesters university Finance Department say ? Well it wouldn't survive without donations. *True

They had Doctors that would go through all college to the tune of At Least 100,000 dollars, correct? Then declare Bankruptcy. Not that it was any hardship on them. That's why the law changes to say there isn't forgiveness on student loans. That's why I voted "only critical degrees" . Its hilarious. Its on top now of your poll.
Medical students have a higher rate of suicide than average. Medical school is expensive, demanding, and if someone finds out it isn't for them they are left with crushing debt.

Medical students have a higher rate of suicide than average. Medical school is expensive, demanding, and if someone finds out it isn't for them they are left with crushing debt.
They can go into the military and be trained for free.

I thought of mentioning that. Lots of other things in the medical field besides Dr the military can help train you in as well. Surgical technician etc.

I thought of mentioning that. Lots of other things in the medical field besides Dr the military can help train you in as well. Surgical technician etc.
I went in a learned electronics and electrical maintenance and distribution..

I went in a learned electronics and electrical maintenance and distribution..
Never forget Ohm's law lol. My father did maintenance on mostly B-52's.

And then comes this:

Why? I can’t see how much your daughter owes can I?

The whole debt thing is a scam. Universities spend like drunken sailors on payday.

If you're referring to my granddaughter - she owes absolutely nothing!

No, absolutely not.

Higher educated people make more money than people with low levels of education. If you want to make more money, you should pay for it.

Subsidizing higher education is a wealth transfer from the lower classes to the upper classes.

No. College loans should not be forgiven. To forgive them would be unconstitutional, and it would constitute theft from the lenders.

The solution to the college loan crisis is what's called "Recourse Financing." The Academic institution must GUARANTEE the student loans; if the student defaults, the University must repay the loan (and then may continue to try to collect from the student).

If this mandate is implemented, the Universities will become much more careful about whom they admit, and what sorts of worthless education they are peddling. Engineering schools would have no problem with this new mandate.

This plan is so obviously fair and reasonable that there is no chance it would ever be adopted.

I don't think I was crystal clear on the law, as I learned in college. So, if I may, one more time, they changed the law to Not allow bankruptcy on student loans because people planned to educate and then declare bankruptcy. They'd go for big degrees and debts. I don't recommend Predatory student loan people, anyway.

Forum List

Back