Should Sledding be Outlawed?

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
It's one of the simple, most wonderful pleasures of life: zooming down a snow-covered hill just fast enough for a touch of fear to quicken your pulse. Maybe it's a solo run. Maybe you're clinging to a loved one as you tear down the hill tandem. Surely, sledding is one of those things that makes it worth toughing it out and living in New Jersey when sunnier climes often beckon.

Unfortunately, it's getting tougher and tougher to find a place to do it

Lawsuits filed by injured sledders, it seems, have struck fear in the hearts of municipal and county government officials, prompting them to simply ban sledding at some of the state's erstwhile sledding meccas

Slopes behind ropes: fear of lawsuits closing great New Jersey sledding hills | NJ.com

Why do politicians hate children?

What's next? Skiing? Bicycles?

I thought this was a joke/troll thread. Then I read it.

Holy Jesus H. Christ. The communist liberals in New Jersey are gonna actually ban sledding. They are really gonna do it.

I mean just...wtf? Do you liberals ever quinch your thirst for controlling people's lives? NJ finally got a conservative governor, maybe he can stop this from going through, or is it a local law?

What IS next? I mean....

Lets ban swimming so kids won't drown.
Lets ban bicycles so kids can't wreck.
Lets ban BB guns so they wont shoot their eye out.
Lets ban fast food and soda so they wont get fat..........er, oh wait, already doing that.
Lets ban running, so they can't fall.
Lets ban climbing trees, so they cant fall.
Lets ban owning dogs, so they wont get bitten.
Lets ban flying a kite, so they cant get....well, I'm sure that can hurt them somehow.

Lets also ban football, basketball, hockey, wrestling, boxing, and soccer, since all can result in injury. Oh and baseball. And cheerleading. And, well, everything except jogging.

I mean really, liberals are just out of control.

And lawyers are even worse.

Oh NJ competes year after year with CA and NY for the top nanny state award. They also hold honors as one of the top most litigious states. And the least "business friendly".

Every time a child is injured or killed, NJ proposes a new law. It's disgusting.

I believe this year, they will start arresting teenagers for smoking. It's because they care. :evil:

buc how do you tell from that article that they are liberals?

you really need a new drum to beat....after all....you cant just cry...'liberals did it' when ever you feel like it

How do I know the politicians who passed that and the lawyers who sparked it are liberals?

"New Jersey".

Oh NJ competes year after year with CA and NY for the top nanny state award. They also hold honors as one of the top most litigious states. And the least "business friendly".

Every time a child is injured or killed, NJ proposes a new law. It's disgusting.

I believe this year, they will start arresting teenagers for smoking. It's because they care. :evil:

Chris Christie is like an ideological Godzilla tearing through that liberal metropolis. They are trying their best to defeat him though.

Soon they'll ban being overwieght and he'll be out.

Bucs is right bones. We had 8 yrs of total Dem control and they passed 115 new laws in that time. But its mostly because of the lawyers. We should start instituting quotas. J/K

but continue all the stereotypes yall can....its always good just to deal with that...instead of facts

So you are saying that the idea that the state of New Jersey is full of left wing, nanny state liberals and overzealous, scumbag lawyers is just a stereotype?

Yes. And saying Texans love steak, guns and football is just a stereotype also, right:cuckoo:

and ask yourself ...as a private landowners would you allow the public to sled on your property?

Maybe. Maybe not.

It's not the fucking government's business to decide that for me though, is it?

Lefties will answer yes to that.

It's one of the simple, most wonderful pleasures of life: zooming down a snow-covered hill just fast enough for a touch of fear to quicken your pulse. Maybe it's a solo run. Maybe you're clinging to a loved one as you tear down the hill tandem. Surely, sledding is one of those things that makes it worth toughing it out and living in New Jersey when sunnier climes often beckon.

Unfortunately, it's getting tougher and tougher to find a place to do it

Lawsuits filed by injured sledders, it seems, have struck fear in the hearts of municipal and county government officials, prompting them to simply ban sledding at some of the state's erstwhile sledding meccas

Slopes behind ropes: fear of lawsuits closing great New Jersey sledding hills | NJ.com

Why do politicians hate children?

What's next? Skiing? Bicycles?

You're blaming the VICTIMS?!

It was the governments (which really means the citizens of those governments) that got sued.

well buc seems you cant decide....again.....good for me...but not thee

chanel....you object to laws of protection...(which i find amusing) but want to censor tv for us?

you cant have it both ways

And if you're trying to argue that the road is owned by the state, thus they can ban sledding......then they must ban all forms of road usage if they ban any, as any can result in injury. Ban bikes, jogging, skateboarding, mopeds, etc.

But the taxpayers own that road. And the lefty politicos are gonna ban them from sledding on the road they paid to build and maintain? Fucking commies.

well buc seems you cant decide....again.....good for me...but not thee

chanel....you object to laws of protection...(which i find amusing) but want to censor tv for us?

you cant have it both ways

On my property, sure, I'd let them sled. Why not?

But I live in South Carolina. Our lawyers aren't as out of control as NJ's, and we have a crazy thing here called community, where we know our neighbors, talk to them politely, and do wild stuff like let their kids play with ours on our property.

So it's in context. But yes, I'd happily allow kids to sled on my property. They are kids. It's snow. Sledding is what they do.

I thought this was a joke/troll thread. Then I read it.

Holy Jesus H. Christ. The communist liberals in New Jersey are gonna actually ban sledding. They are really gonna do it.

I mean just...wtf? Do you liberals ever quinch your thirst for controlling people's lives? NJ finally got a conservative governor, maybe he can stop this from going through, or is it a local law?

What IS next? I mean....

Lets ban swimming so kids won't drown.
Lets ban bicycles so kids can't wreck.
Lets ban BB guns so they wont shoot their eye out.
Lets ban fast food and soda so they wont get fat..........er, oh wait, already doing that.
Lets ban running, so they can't fall.
Lets ban climbing trees, so they cant fall.
Lets ban owning dogs, so they wont get bitten.
Lets ban flying a kite, so they cant get....well, I'm sure that can hurt them somehow.

Lets also ban football, basketball, hockey, wrestling, boxing, and soccer, since all can result in injury. Oh and baseball. And cheerleading. And, well, everything except jogging.

I mean really, liberals are just out of control.

And lawyers are even worse.

This has NOTHING to do with "liberals".

This has to do with municipalities (which represent taxpayers of every poltical persuasion) who do NOT WANT TO BE SUED.

Seriously, bucs90 your obsessional political POV is blinding you to reality.

buc how do you tell from that article that they are liberals?

you really need a new drum to beat....after all....you cant just cry...'liberals did it' when ever you feel like it

How do I know the politicians who passed that and the lawyers who sparked it are liberals?

"New Jersey".

And how about the Plantiffs and their lawyers to who sued the MUNICAPALITY?

Are they also liberals?

Do grow up.

Forum List

Back