Should religion be eliminated

Should religion be eliminated?

• Yes

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • No

Votes: 35 85.4%

• Total voters
There's quite a bit of opposition to religion here. I am just wondering how many of you people believe religion should be eliminated. It's been tried before and failed, but don't let that deter you in your quest.

Learn from their mistakes and give it another try.

Why the Soviet attempt to stamp out religion failed | Giles Fraser: Loose canon

If you eliminated religion completely, it would re-emerge within days. Humans are herd animals. Religion aids in survival.

I say they do. Can you show me where they don’t?
None of them talk about how many god’s there are. Please try again.
There are a small number of Greeks who still believe in the Greek gods.

Christians muslims jews and Mormons can’t laugh just because they joined a new or different cult that chose for obvious reasons to go with one god.

Even god said there were more gods. He said don’t worship them just worship me
Or maybe it was misunderstood what it means.
You misunderstood it alright! :lol:
No. That’s you guy’s spiel.

But I understand why you do it. Your arguments are weaker than a Frenchman waiving a white flag.
My argument is that no one has yet shown real proof for a potential god. Stronger than a silverback gorilla on a banana rampage.

It’s economic opportunity. Give a guy a career he will start and raise a good family.
No. The standard of living is at an all time high.
Just think of all the women who lived under their husbands rule during that time. They weren’t happy but they sure were Christians. Do you think women were happier back then? Or did religion just help them cope?

Today these women have careers of their own and they don’t go to church or practice. I say they are happier.

Seems like that’s who religion is for. People who aren’t happy. They need it.

And you’re making it sound worse than it is. Is there really so much despair in America? Why is it almost always white men who snap? Hardly ever women.
I love your ability to ignore reality and make really stupid comments. You are wise not to engage in that debate with me.
If scientists can’t wake you up what can I say that will make a difference.

The world knows I’m right. Only American Republicans deny global warming because your masters who do the most polluting tell you it’s the scientists not them who are lying.

You’re an idiot ding. That’s why I don’t engage .

And if you can argue an invisible god loves you and has a heaven waiting for you of course you believe global warming is fake.

This is a prime example of why I hate religion. It makes people ignore facts science logic and reason. It makes people stupid.
Then come and discuss it with me.

Are you scared?

Come present your facts.
No interest. I like talking about silly things with you like god exists. I would just get upset and you would present me with half truths, alternative facts and spin.

I have heard all the arguments before. To argue with you gives you credibility as if your opinion holds some weight. It doesn't. The only reason it does is because half the politicians (Republicans) have been paid off to lie and deny. We all know this. Hell even Rex admitted it. It's going to be costly to go green and corporations want to go green but they don't want it to affect their bottom dollar. We can't hurt corporations to go green, even though we need to go green.

Only conspiracy theorists idiots and liars deny global warming. And they typically tend to be Christians. Fucking idiots.

No. The standard of living is at an all time high.
Just think of all the women who lived under their husbands rule during that time. They weren’t happy but they sure were Christians. Do you think women were happier back then? Or did religion just help them cope?

Today these women have careers of their own and they don’t go to church or practice. I say they are happier.

And you’re making it sound worse than it is. Is there really so much despair in America? Why is it almost always white men who snap? Hardly ever women.
I love your ability to ignore reality and make really stupid comments. You are wise not to engage in that debate with me.

The world knows I’m right. Only American Republicans deny global warming because your masters who do the most polluting tell you it’s the scientists not them who are lying.

And if you can argue an invisible god loves you and has a heaven waiting for you of course you believe global warming is fake.

This is a prime example of why I hate religion. It makes people ignore facts science logic and reason. It makes people stupid.

Are you scared?

Come present your facts.
No interest. I like talking about silly things with you like god exists. I would just get upset and you would present me with half truths, alternative facts and spin.

I have heard all the arguments before. To argue with you gives you credibility as if your opinion holds some weight. It doesn't. The only reason it does is because half the politicians (Republicans) have been paid off to lie and deny. We all know this. Hell even Rex admitted it. It's going to be costly to go green and corporations want to go green but they don't want it to affect their bottom dollar. We can't hurt corporations to go green, even though we need to go green.

Only conspiracy theorists idiots and liars deny global warming. And they typically tend to be Christians. Fucking idiots.
No. You are scared because you don't know anything about it. You believe what you are told but literally have no clue about any of it.

Kind of like people who blindly believe in God because someone told them to. :lol:

Are you scared?

Come present your facts.

No. You are scared because you don't know anything about it. You believe what you are told but literally have no clue about any of it.

Kind of like people who blindly believe in God because someone told them to. :lol:

No. Man is causing global warming. Fact

Overwhelming majority of peer-reviewed papers taking a position on global warming say humans are causing it

Show me your peer reviewed paper dummy. It would get laughed right out of the scientific community.

You right wing idiots can only sound smart with your half truths when you are talking to someone like me who is not a scientist and doesn't know enough to pick out where and why and how you are wrong. But I've seen the scientists debunk the bullshit you are going to say enough to know I don't want to hear your half truths again.

Stick to your main delusion GOD.

Are you scared?

Come present your facts.

Overwhelming majority of peer-reviewed papers taking a position on global warming say humans are causing it

Show me your peer reviewed paper dummy. It would get laughed right out of the scientific community.

You right wing idiots can only sound smart with your half truths when you are talking to someone like me who is not a scientist and doesn't know enough to pick out where and why and how you are wrong. But I've seen the scientists debunk the bullshit you are going to say enough to know I don't want to hear your half truths again.

Make your case here, if you can.

Is man responsible for Global Warming (ding vs Sealybobo)

Are you scared?

Come present your facts.

No. But you have convinced me god is real. Oh lord tell Ding to stfu. LOL

Are you scared?

Come present your facts.

No. But you have convinced me god is real. Oh lord tell Ding to stfu. LOL
Of course you can’t make your case for your beliefs about global warming. You can’t even begin to do it.

Of course you can’t make your case for your beliefs about global warming. You can’t even begin to do it.

global warming is a generalization for a dysfunctional natural habitat ...

images

caused entirely by humanity, to argue otherwise is simply emporium argumentem.

* being without a soul.

There's quite a bit of opposition to religion here. I am just wondering how many of you people believe religion should be eliminated. It's been tried before and failed, but don't let that deter you in your quest.

Keep it to yourself and it will all work out for the best.

I reject totalitarianism, Comrade

Keep it to myself or let it be?

as in "mother mary said let it be....." la la la yeah--that

A time and a place for all things.

A time and a place for all things.

kohellet

The MMGW cult needs to be eliminated along with marxist dogma.

All the other faiths have at least some positive aspect to them and are fine by me.

They are still accountable to a god if they believe one exists especially if they believe in heaven and hell.
If no God exists, then there is no accountability to God. Do you agree with this logic?

So their belief that God exists - in and of itself - does not make them accountable. Do you agree with this logic?

So maybe you are trying to say something else.
Because a generic god doesn’t care what u do? That’s true
I don’t know what you mean by generic. I believe all people pray to the same God. Logically there is only one. They may have a different perception of who God is and I don’t see anything wrong with that. I believe our Founding Fathers got that part right.

In the context of what you are discussing the question is whether God is a personal or impersonal God. For all our sakes I pray he is a personal God.

Just because there's only one God doesn't mean everyone is automatically praying to him.
You know this how?

If someone is truly seeking guidance from above, do you think he would turn his back on them because they did not address him by the correct name. God goes by many names. He only cares that we seek him. He'll take care of the rest. It's not always a straight line.

Yeah, uh, no. That whole "You're praying, so it must be to God, even though you're calling Him something else" thing? Not how it works. If you are praying to a supernatural being who is very clearly, by description and definition, NOT the Judeo-Christian God, then it's a lot more than just "calling Him by another name", and He's NOT going to treat it that way. He cares that we seek HIM. He is not going to accept seeking something else as seeking Him just because it's vaguely godlike.

Why do you suppose He gave us all those instructions about the right way to do things if just any old behavior would do just fine?

Should we let it die on it's own? That's another question best answered after We, The People stop propping it up with tax favors

I didn't know we were keeping it alive.

I'm for eliminating all deductions including charitable and for a flat tax that is based on balancing the budget. That ought to get the talking monkey's attention. The churches will be fine.
Our town's little church that has been around since the 1830's can barely pay the minister and keep oil in the furnace. A tax and the nix on charitable deductions would completely wipe out our church. I have a feeling ours wouldn't be the only one.
So you're saying that only poor people (or is it cheap people?) go to church?

No, she's saying that taxing churches, which by definition are non-profit, would end up wiping many churches out of existence.
I don't think it would. I don't think people understand that gifts are not taxable unless they are over a certain amount.

The reality is that people would no longer receive a deduction for their charitable contribution. I don't think that would make them stop giving.

But if it did, that would only cause the government to give more. So in the end, the government would be paying 100% of the "charity" instead of giving a tax break on say 20% of the charity.

I think it is an emotional thing. They hate religion so much they can't look at it analytically.

The reality is that "taxing churches" is not the same thing as "not making the giving tax-deductible". You need to start listening to what people say, instead of to what you want to think they're saying.

And don't even get me started on "And it'll be okay, because government will just give more, and that's the same." Government =/= charity.

Forum List

Back