Should Presidents express their expectations of U.S. citizens?

BrokeLoser

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2016
MEXIFORNIA
Trump comes across like he has high expectations of Americans...an attribute good people like and appreciate. Does that offend ā€œsome peopleā€? Iā€™m thinking ā€œsome peopleā€ are still used to that Kenyan who only expected that Americans breathe oxygen. He made our lowest grade feel like absolute winners whereas this administration makes our lowest grade feel like...well...our lowest grade. Your thoughts?

I'm not big on politicians who demonize any given group , nor am i fond of jingoists

Both are tools to hide behind

~S~

I'm not big on politicians who demonize any given group , nor am i fond of jingoists

Both are tools to hide behind

~S~

Do you feel as though a President who is transparent with his expectations comes across as a Dictator of sorts?

Mr. Bones spurs is not a person who should expect anything from anyone.

Trump comes across like he has high expectations of Americans...an attribute good people like and appreciate. Does that offend ā€œsome peopleā€? Iā€™m thinking ā€œsome peopleā€ are still used to that Kenyan who only expected that Americans breathe oxygen. He made our lowest grade feel like absolute winners whereas this administration makes our lowest grade feel like...well...our lowest grade. Your thoughts?
tiny trump who lied about his family coming from Sweden?

tiny trump who lied about his family coming from Sweden?

I think you mean Scotland where his mother was born.

Obama's message was that Americans need to work hard among other positive things. Listen to any of his speeches. Stop spreading lies.

some presidents want their people to have a healthy life and live well - some dont.

Obama's message was that Americans need to work hard among other positive things. Listen to any of his speeches. Stop spreading lies.

Right "you didn't build that" was a great positive message...

So it wasn't okay for JFK to express faith in this country and the goodness of the American people?
So you are actually comparing trump bashing half of America's citizens on a daily bases to what JFK had said???

REALLY?

One quote like that or even a handful is not deserving of the criticism I responded to. The context of that phrase with the poor choice of word and interpretation does have a thread of truth to it. Most of the stuff we do today is the result of thousands or more people working together doing their part to get it done. You wouldnt say the CEO of large business is the one who produced it's outputs. Or look at a long supply chain. You wouldnt say a new car is the result of the effort of any single unit on the chain. The case where it doesnt resonate is when an individual does something all on their own. Maybe if I developed a software tool all on my own. Ok, even in that case, all of the software and hardware I used was created by other businesses at great cost. The people that came before me all progressed the tech and discipline and their hard work has in part helped me. This idea is only going to get more prevalent and justified as life and technology continue merging and getting more complicated. People will be specializing even more so and to keep it all going we need some trust in these others to do their part.

Did you know "that" was referring to roads & bridges?
Bravo for taking it out of context.

So it wasn't okay for JFK to express faith in this country and the goodness of the American people?
So you are actually comparing trump bashing half of America's citizens on a daily bases to what JFK had said???

REALLY?

Half of this nation and the 29 million illegal wetbacks are in fact total pieces of disgusting shit...itā€™s no secret and your President knows it.
Fuck PC!

Forum List

Back