Should Palin just "Butt-out" ???

Should Sarah Palin 'butt out' of GOP primaries? - The Week

At least one prominent Republican wishes that Sarah Palin would stop using her superstar status to endorse GOP candidates. Georgia congressman Jack Kingston took Palin to task for getting involved in his state's gubernatorial primary run-off — and pushing a once-fringe candidate, Karen Handel, into a tight second-place finish. "I don't know why [Palin] feels compelled to get into primaries all over the country," Kingston said on a talk radio interview, at one point agreeing that Palin should "butt out" of GOP primaries. "What she is doing is dividing the Republican Party at a time when we don't need to be divided," he said. Does he have a point?

superstarstatus.

the inflation. my oh my.

superstarstatus.

Sarah should fedex Bristol to me, where I will watch over her and make sure that the mean old press leaves her alone. she can keep the kid, oh and I'll insist on support payments.

Palin is a citizen like everyone else, she is allowed to do whatever she likes. RW, you are here and say whatever it is you like, and you are allowed too. It's just very few people agree with you so you don't have a following like Palin does.

If you had a following are you telling me you wouldn't be up on stage trashing Bush 15 years from now?

Now I don't like Palin but a good amount of people do. If politicians want to get people to support them they should focus on doing a good job, draw people away from supporting noobs like Palin.

Palin's candidate lost to Gingrich's and Huckabee's candidate in Georgia Tuesday.

The most interesting thing about that is Huckabee getting in the endorsement game. That means he's probably going to run in 2012,

that means that he and Palin split the crackpot fundie wing of the GOP,

that means Brigham Romney's path to the nomination is that much clearer.

I would honestly be shocked if Huck ran.

I think Newt will be the Rep candidate.

Palin's candidate lost to Gingrich's and Huckabee's candidate in Georgia Tuesday.

The most interesting thing about that is Huckabee getting in the endorsement game. That means he's probably going to run in 2012,

Huckabee is against changing the 14th Amendment and does not believe all illegals should be deported. No way the "base" will put him on the ticket now.....

If around this coming January Huckabee announces that his new year's resolution is to go back on his diet,

you'll know he's running in 2012. lol

Huckabee is against changing the 14th Amendment and does not believe all illegals should be deported. No way the "base" will put him on the ticket now.....

Correct. At a point where we are looking at the true first start of Illegal immigration moving in the right direction it would be VERY hard to get elected if you are pro illegal immigration, on either side.

At least one prominent Republican wishes that Sarah Palin would stop using her superstar status to endorse GOP candidates. Georgia congressman Jack Kingston took Palin to task for getting involved in his state's gubernatorial primary run-off — and pushing a once-fringe candidate, Karen Handel, into a tight second-place finish. "I don't know why [Palin] feels compelled to get into primaries all over the country," Kingston said on a talk radio interview, at one point agreeing that Palin should "butt out" of GOP primaries. "What she is doing is dividing the Republican Party at a time when we don't need to be divided," he said. Does he have a point?

He does have a point but will he be one of only a few brave enough to confront her. Her and Michelle Bachman have managed to become party leadership. It will be hard getting them to go quietly back to obscurity.

The GOP can't whine now, they allowed it to happen.

If around this coming January Huckabee announces that his new year's resolution is to go back on his diet,

you'll know he's running in 2012. lol

didn't he Move to FL or something?

He does have a point but will he be one of only a few brave enough to confront her. Her and Michelle Bachman have managed to become party leadership. It will be hard getting them to go quietly back to obscurity.

The Republican Party fell apart because of leaders like Bush and McCain. It was also fracturing because of people like Palin. Palin is a talking point, she says conservative things so it’s hard most of the time to disagree with her, that’s all. She would have a hard time winning anything, not impossible, just very hard for the “leader of a party.”

I tend to agree with you for ONCE. Sarah Palin should wait until the primaries in these states are over--and then support the elected choice of the constituency. There are tea party organizations all over this nation right now--that have studied and listened to their candidates and they know better than Palin on who they are going to support.

So for Sarah Palin--once the Primary is Over--come out and help campaign for the winner's of the primaries in all these states.

kind of like CHANGE YOU CAN BELIEVE IN

or "if you want to move forward put the car in D, if you want to go back, but it in R"

Well that is pretty much the classical definition of Liberal and Conservative.

Liberal to be progressive and move forward.

Conservative to keep things the way they are for as long as possible. Socially at least, business wise they are more Libertarian.

would you argue that socially, culturally, the US is more liberal or conservative than we were 50 years ago?

I would argue that social / cultural conservatism is dying by attrition. I would also argue that the economic methods / solutions reached through social conserve thought is more and more rejected by the younger generation-those who would have to live with the consequences of policies based on cold-war premises.

The Republican Party fell apart because of leaders like Bush and McCain. It was also fracturing because of people like Palin. Palin is a talking point, she says conservative things so it’s hard most of the time to disagree with her, that’s all. She would have a hard time winning anything, not impossible, just very hard for the “leader of a party.”

Palin would have a hard time winning anything?
Being Mayor and Govenor is nothing?
Palin is a talking poin t?
Just about as much as obama is a walking talking billboard of talking points.

Palin is a citizen like everyone else, she is allowed to do whatever she likes. RW, you are here and say whatever it is you like, and you are allowed too. It's just very few people agree with you so you don't have a following like Palin does.

If you had a following are you telling me you wouldn't be up on stage trashing Bush 15 years from now?

Now I don't like Palin but a good amount of people do. If politicians want to get people to support them they should focus on doing a good job, draw people away from supporting noobs like Palin.

The question is not whether Palin has the right to endorse candidates and speak her mind....of course she does

The question is.......Is she doing her party more harm than good by creating internal dissention at a time they are scrambling for seats?

Forum List

Back