Should national election day be moved to the weekend or made a holiday?

Should national election day be moved ?

• It should stay where its at

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Should be moved to a weekend

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Should stay where its at but be made into a national holiday.

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City
Should national election day be moved to the weekend?

Poll pending....

explain answer.

MY response:

YES. Tuesday as national voting day is way out dated. Sorry but how many of you live on farms? How many of you that do live on farms require more than a day to get to the nearest voting booth?

Voting day should obviously be on a Saturday - or at least made a national holiday.

EDIT: I should have added another option "leave it to the states to decide"

Last edited:

Poll pending....

explain answer.

MY response:

YES. Tuesday as national voting day is way out dated. Sorry but how many of you live on farms? How many of you that do live on farms require more than a day to get to the nearest voting booth?

Voting day should obviously be on a Saturday - or at least made a national holiday.
The GOP have been blocking both options for years. They know most Dems have jobs that conflict with voting and more republicans are lazy slackers, just look at the size of their leader's audience in the middle of the work day. Their MessiahRushie claims at times to have more than 40 million listeners only 20% of whom he says are Libs. That's a lot of "non-working eaters" as he likes to call them, who have no conflict between voting and a job.

As long as the GOP can filibuster, voting will never be a national holiday or get moved to the weekend.

Poll pending....

explain answer.

MY response:

The GOP have been blocking both options for years. They know most Dems have jobs that conflict with voting and more republicans are lazy slackers, just look at the size of their leader's audience in the middle of the work day. Their MessiahRushie claims at times to have more than 40 million listeners only 20% of whom he says are Libs. That's a lot of "non-working eaters" as he likes to call them, who have no conflict between voting and a job.

As long as the GOP can filibuster, voting will never be a national holiday or get moved to the weekend.

link please?

Poll pending....

explain answer.

MY response:

Do they hand out the welfare checks the first tuesday after the first monday in November or something? HAHA. Seriously the funniest thing I've ever heard.

Hell.....make it BOTH DAYS of the specified weekend!!!!!!

1197086068917675051egore_Thumb_Up_.svg.med.png

A LOT of middle-class folks HAVE to work (at least, part-of-the-day) Saturday!!!!

The last thing we (IMO) is something else to eat away from what little time off people (who work) already have. Forget voting on the weekend.

Poll pending....

explain answer.

MY response:

Nothing wrong with Tuesday being election day.

But if it OK to have a ONE DAY election day it should be OK to have a ONE DAY primary day. All states having primaries/caucuses on the same day, let's say the first Tuesday in August.

That would leave three months till election and plenty of time for a convention.

Imagine all the money that could be saved! Imagine all the sanity that could be preserved!

Poll pending....

explain answer.

MY response:

GOP would never allow this because low voter turnout usually means more GOP victories.

Election day isn't really election day anymore ... there is early voting everywhere and anyone can file for an absentee ballot these days. Voting has never been easier.

True Lewe, but I still think one day should be a national holiday; I know some people who say they could not vote due to their work schedules.

The problem is a lot of places are doing 12 hour work days. The polls are only open 10 to 12 hours. move it to the weekend and do it over 32 days. Could happen, it was not to very long ago when certain holidays occurred naturally not all on Mondays.

True Lewe, but I still think one day should be a national holiday; I know some people who say they could not vote due to their work schedules.

Then they are either to stupid to vote, to lazy to vote or LYING. I don't know a single State that does not allow early voting or absentee ballots. Since they are your friends one would assume they are lefties which means the third choice is probably the correct one.

Then they are either to stupid to vote, to lazy to vote or LYING. I don't know a single State that does not allow early voting or absentee ballots. Since they are your friends one would assume they are lefties which means the third choice is probably the correct one.

Well, there are more than a dozen that have neither early voting nor no-excuse absentee voting. Not to mention the efforts this year and last in multiple states--mostly turned back by the voters, I believe--to curtail those practices.

I'm a centrist, did not reference "friends". I treasure the day you served this country to protect. One day a year as Election Day sends a strong message to other nations. We can omit early time off New Year's Eve, which many businesses in my area give; less time for the drunks to get smashed, and drive. The people I know who say they can't make it to the polls may not be inspired to do so; I never miss voting, the right is too precious.

Election day reminds us how lucky we are to be in this nation.

Poll pending....

explain answer.

MY response:

The national election day should be on April 1. In this way the idea of the amount of taxes paid will be on everybodys' minds and the result of the election, already an April Fools Joke, will be more appropriately timed.

The last thing we (IMO) is something else to eat away from what little time off people (who work) already have. Forget voting on the weekend.

In Indiana, employers are required by law to allow 1 hour for each employee to vote.

Poll pending....

explain answer.

MY response:

link please?

We know OWS people will vote for whatever liberal is running and they seem to be unencumbered by any jobs.

Wow.....a quick-trip, down to your local polling-place....and, back....once, every-two-years....is too-much-trouble, huh?

That's pretty fuckin' lazy!!!!

eusa_doh.gif

Poll pending....

explain answer.

MY response:

GOP would never allow this because low voter turnout usually means more GOP victories.

Not this time. There are millions of motivated Conservatives that can't wait to get to the polls.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Romney get more votes than any Republican candidate has ever recieved.

Forum List

Back