Should man rule over women for women’s own good?

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by GreatestIam, May 24, 2012.

1. GreatestIam

GreatestIam VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150

Scriptures, and other myth’s, say that God determined that men should rule over women. This gives form, --- in a demographic sense, ---- to our common and society, and says that our demographic pyramid should have a hierarchical shape and or form. This initiates tension and has God demonizing woman, as well as any notion of female equality with man.

His motive must be for the good of women. Somehow!
    After all, sanctity of the family is one of the main points of morality.

God was arguably right for his time. Think in the barbaric way. Below the belt. Thank God that time is almost past. Women in our modern world do not need man’s dubious ape like help. I hope you agree. Be honest now with yourself be you male or female.

Men have dominated women long enough I think. To give them equality would be justice.

What do you think?
    What would real men do?
    What would real women demand?
    Do men and women have what it takes to be free?

Justice under law should be gender and age neutral, with limits, but with a good spirit of assuring equality. We do not administer that justice. We only give it lip service. Men are not walking their talk. Neither are women.

In Gods timocracy, a place of government in which love of honor is the ruling principle. All honors go to the Queen and her children. A king’s first responsibility is to insure the veneration of his queen. Honor demands it. He accepts this burden and pleasure wisely. The Queen, as the Beta archetype is the life of the kingdom. The archetypal king’s duty is to raise woman’s position. That means that all men have the same duty. That of not denying women equality and elevating her.

Men. Be good kings. You are making good just men look bad. Step up.
    God wills it.

Women. Be good queens and demand what is yours.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez6wfJWVCeI&feature=player_embedded]God Wills It! - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iMBUoxLOmA]Republicans, Get In My Vagina!.flv - YouTube[/ame]

Regards
    DL

2. Intense

Intense Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,863
    No.

Genesis

1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

http://www.holybible.com/resources/KJV_DFND/index.php?Book=67&mode=4&BookTitle=Genesis&Chapter=1

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: May 24, 2012
  3. Ariux

Ariux BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +184
    Women get leadership positions by sexual preferences, not by being the most qualified.

4. Sunni Man

Sunni Man Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,444
    Those 2 verses in do not address or back up your stance on this issue. :cool:

5. catzmeow

catzmeow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,974
    man in 1:27 is a generic term referring to both male/female.

6. Intense

Intense Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,863
    It's the first Creation Story, Sunni. What is noted is that there is no distinction other than both Sexes are included at that point without prejudice. Think about it.

Personally, I don't want Dominion over my Wife, I want Two to be as one Flesh. I don't think you achieve that through Dominion, never did.

7. American Horse

American Horse AKA "Mustang"

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +938
    This is a joke right? Women are smarter, and without women, men wouldn't be adequately socialized, nor civilized.

8. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,071
    "The Natural Superiority of Women"
    Ashley Montagu (Author)
    $13.40

Get it.....

.....get it?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,207
    Interesting that the discussion here today seems to be how men should treat women according the scriptures. I may have to take the scriptures i posted elsewhere and reorganize them here.

Needless to say. Men and women are equal partners. There is no war on man nor a war on woman. The fact that the scriptures give men the responsibility to preside doesnt mean they are to preside unrighteously or that they have some benefit over women. Quite the opposite, they have a responsibility to serve them and love them.

What does it mean to preside and lead to a Christian? Look to the words of Christ himself:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. WinterBorn

WinterBorn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,832
    Man should absolutely NOT rule over woman for her own good. There is no basis for the assumption that a man is better equipped to decide what is best.

The religious edicts are all smoke and mirrors so that man can claim he is ruling over her in her best interest. But it is almost always about his best interest.