Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
Sil has lost this. Sil will state the poll means something that it doesn't, when in fact it correctly suggests that people support gay marriage along with the rights of churches do as they please

This is my exact position. I support gay marriage, so much so, I got married to my husband a couples years ago in Boston. We've been together almost 14 years now. That being said, I fully support the church when it comes to not being forced to preform marriages against their wishes.
Liar. Would you support the church not marrying black people then? Quite interested in your reply on that question... Without realizing it, you just admitted that gay behaviors are:

1. Repugnant to many people [there are many many faithful christians]

2. Not equal to race.

Your comments indicate that you are beginning to struggle emotionally.

The comments above were clear and to the point and reasonable.

Yes, Sil, mind your tone when people are being decent to you.
No, I used the word "Liar" literally, without emotion. Either s/he is lying or s/he believes race isn't = to gay sex. So you are saying you are in agreement with him, in an odd way. Do you realize that?

You called me liar, whether or not you assigned any emotion behind it. I haven't been rude or brazen with you at all and I would expect you to extend me the same courtesy.

And yes, I agree, sexuality and race have little in common; however, one can't deny that the arguments used to deny marriage equality amongst races are now being used against gays seeking marriage equality. They are hauntingly familiar in fact.

Oh no, I won't. If you know anything about me by now, I'm a strait shooter. I'm calling you out. Sorry if that offends you on this typically-contentous website.

You said that you are gay married and in support of gay marriage but that you simultaneously support churches to refuse to perform gay marriages. Which is of course abject bullshit. So I called you on it. And I provided the example of you being say, a black man, and having civil rights just pass...but then feigning being in support of churches not marrying black people.

I made the point for two reasons...to show how race and gay behaviors are not the same. And how you yourself even realize this and pointed it out inadvertently. Or you are lying and are mad as hell that a church wants to lock its doors to gay marriage. Which is it?

I can assure you that I am not offended. I am however; disappointed, because I thought we could discuss this topic together in a mannerly fashion. That doesn't appear to be the case with you.

I am sorry that I don't fit the cartoonish narrative you have of gay people. I am also sorry that you are not clever as you believe yourself to be. It was terribly obvious from the start what you were trying to do when you starting equating sexuality and race.

I'll state this again and maybe this time it will sink in but I have have my doubts: I don't care whom churches do or don't marry. Whether they be gay, straight, black, white, interracial, or whatever. It is entirely their decision. It is none of my concern what marriages they wish to perform. It's their business.

I hope I've cleared this up for you but I have a feeling you will continue to misrepresent my position because I don't fit this rather odd narrative you have gay people.

OK, so if you don't fit the "cartoonish narrative of gay people", how have you stepped up to denounce gay pride parade sex-exhibitions where they welcome kids of all ages? Or how have you stepped up to denounce Harvey Milk as the LGBT icon [his postage stamp as such etc.]?

And please explain in more detail how it is you, as a person who does the gay sex, wholeheartedly support gay marriage but also at the same time support churches' right to refuse to perform them?

You know what the next question will be. But for now just answer those...
Why are you such a homophobic bigot?

Sil, your standards are yours, and no one else needs to adopt them.

Anybody who does same sex, just as those who do hetero sex, of course believes in 1st amendment protection for churches.

The few weirdos who don't include hetero atheists, for that matter.

OK, so if you don't fit the "cartoonish narrative of gay people", how have you stepped up to denounce gay pride parade sex-exhibitions where they welcome kids of all ages? Or how have you stepped up to denounce Harvey Milk as the LGBT icon [his postage stamp as such etc.]?

And please explain in more detail how it is you, as a person who does the gay sex, wholeheartedly support gay marriage but also at the same time support churches' right to refuse to perform them?

You didn't answer my questions.

Anybody who does same sex, just as those who do hetero sex, of course believes in 1st amendment protection for churches.

So you are clear at least that gay behaviors are behaviors and are in no way equivalent to race. Because as you know, if we were talking about black people, say, your attitude about whether or not they should be married in any church would be vastly different. Thanks for standing out and being honest about the differences between race and behavior.

You didn't answer my questions.
The questions were not to me. Is that why you're such a homophobic bigot, ignorance?

So you are clear at least that gay behaviors are behaviors and are in no way equivalent to race. Because as you know, if we were talking about black people, say, your attitude about whether or not they should be married in any church would be vastly different. Thanks for standing out and being honest about the differences between race and behavior.

We agree that your weird behavioral pattern is going to change nothing. In Windsor, the court clearly stated that “regulation of domestic relations is an area that has long been regarded as a virtually exclusive province of the States subject to certain constitutional guarantees." Sil's behavior is exactly why SCOTUS will rule in favor of marriage equality.

The questions were not to me. Is that why you're such a homophobic bigot, ignorance?

Ahhh... "homophobic bigot" I think I'm going to enter this phrase into the urban dictionary as meaning "a phrase used when a gay person is backed into a corner in a debate and whose denial systems and fear have taken over"

Very telling that some of them here profess to be gay...for gay "marriage"... but then say "they're OK with churches not performing gay marriages"...

The reason they say this is twofold:

1. To shroud the public from knowing their true intentions once the ink is dry on any federal protection their cult might gain on delivering the word "marriage" its final blow...and...

2. To water down the very otherwise harrowing results of the poll on this thread. To make it appear "as if" "some of the 82% who said they are adamantly or otherwise against gay marriage having to be performed in churches are somehow also avid supporters of gay marriage".

Meanwhile they still want the angle of saying that doing gay stuff is = race. But you'd never catch them saying "we think churches shouldn't marry black people".

And this is why I cornered the one gay poster who said they are gay, gay "married" but also for churches not having to perform gay weddings....oh...but also "gay is the same legally as race". Then I said "no, you're saying it isn't legally the same as race when you say that churches don't have to perform them".

Then as usual came the ad hominems, strawmen and a complete dropping of the topic blaming me. And none of my questions as to the above answered. They're bummin' that I nailed them so swiftly and they're hoping those questions will "go away".

Ahhh... "homophobic bigot" I think I'm going to enter this phrase into the urban dictionary as meaning "a phrase used when a gay person is backed into a corner in a debate and whose denial systems and fear have taken over"

Very telling that some of them here profess to be gay...for gay "marriage"... but then say "they're OK with churches not performing gay marriages"...

1. To shroud the public from knowing their true intentions once the ink is dry on any federal protection their cult might gain on delivering the word "marriage" its final blow...and...

2. To water down the very otherwise harrowing results of the poll on this thread. To make it appear "as if" "some of the 82% who said they are adamantly or otherwise against gay marriage having to be performed in churches are somehow also avid supporters of gay marriage".

Meanwhile they still want the angle of saying that doing gay stuff is = race. But you'd never catch them saying "we think churches shouldn't marry black people".

And this is why I cornered the one gay poster who said they are gay, gay "married" but also for churches not having to perform gay weddings....oh...but also "gay is the same legally as race". Then I said "no, you're saying it isn't legally the same as race when you say that churches don't have to perform them".

Then as usual came the ad hominems, strawmen and a complete dropping of the topic blaming me. And none of my questions as to the above answered. They're bummin' that I nailed them so swiftly and they're hoping those questions will "go away".

I'm not gay ya dumb ass homophobic bigot.

Sil, please do not complain when your meanness cast on the water returns unto you. You have ad hommed others then cried when it returned to you. Treat others as you wish to be treated.

Sil, please do not complain when your meanness cast on the water returns unto you. You have ad hommed others then cried when it returned to you. Treat others as you wish to be treated.
Jake, please answer the questions in my last post... That goes for any of you pro-gay advocates out there. Think about those points and answer to them. Leave strawmen like this one out in the field.

Jake, please answer the questions in my last post... That goes for any of you pro-gay advocates out there. Think about those points and answer to them. Leave strawmen like this one out in the field.

Remember these questions and glaring issues?

And as to number 1 above, their ultimate goal is to deal the final blow to religion itself. For how can the religious simultaneously abide by the mandates in Jude 1 AND enable the spread of a homosexual culture?

All of your obstacles have been easily removed and rebutted, Sil.

Now tell the folks here your real reason for opposition.

One more time for Silly: I have no problem with gay marriage. Churches (and any other private businesses) should be free to exclude anyone they wish to.

One more time for Silly: I have no problem with gay marriage. Churches (and any other private businesses) should be free to exclude anyone they wish to.
So then are you in favor of churches denying to marry black people as well?

ANY business should be able to deny service to ANY person. PERIOD.

You see, I disagree. I think that blacks because of racial protection should not be descriminated against based on their skin color. I do believe however that homosexuals can be descriminated against because of their behaviors.. It's a fundamental legal difference and THE hurdle to gay marriage at the federal protection level. And the reason it is, is because those behaviors pose a definite risk to children. Just go to a gay pride parade down main street [hoping kids will be there of all ages] and you will know exactly what I'm talking about.

You see, I disagree. I think that blacks because of racial protection should not be descriminated against based on their skin color. I do believe however that homosexuals can be descriminated against because of their behaviors.. It's a fundamental legal difference and THE hurdle to gay marriage at the federal protection level. And the reason it is, is because those behaviors pose a definite risk to children. Just go to a gay pride parade down main street [hoping kids will be there of all ages] and you will know exactly what I'm talking about.

Well, you're wrong. The COTUS does not say the government can tell me who I may or not associate with SOMETIMES. It says they may not tell me who I may or not associate with. PERIOD.

I wonder if your behavior, Sil, is becoming challengable under tort law for defamation and libel.

You need to come clean with the Board members for your personal motivation on this issue.

Forum List

Back