Should America Build One Super Sized Prison In One State?

The U.S. justice system had put a 3 strikes law into effect. Obama has softened that for "non -violent" offenders. So we still put killers with killers and lower offences such as "Wall Street" criminals in a laxed jail. Does that help? Of course not. Mentally ill people are mentally ill. Some people are natural born criminals. They just blame other people's acts to influence their own criminal behavior. It's not their fault...ya right.
I teach at a jail sometimes. It is a rehab center where addicts go cold turkey and where out of control bi-polar and psychotic people get back on their meds, and everyone ends up seeming perfectly normal. Until they get out. I've seen it a hundred times. Mental illness and active drug addiction completely change personality.
Drug induced normality is not going to work. Neither will these criminals. Mental birth defects are not reversable at this time. The brain is your brain.
What new understandings about humanity does brain mapping hope to accomplish?
dude, you really no nothing of what you are talking about... Take my advice and get involved in a community rehabilitation program and see for yourself firsthand what the issues are.

One place where all the criminals would be detained and housed. If they riot and kill each other so be it. Locked away behind giant fences and walls with gun turrets everywhere and a mine field between them and civilized people?
Depends... Is your goal rehabilitation or expulsion?
If one is not going to change their ways or are just a criminal lunatic then that's where they go. Rehab is for non-criminals. Break the law - pay the consequences. Expulsion - do the crime and do the time.
You obviously have no experience working with troubled youth. Crime is often very cultural and environmental in poor areas that are dominated by gangs. Many children want to get away from the lifestyle but have little to no option on places to go to get away. They often fear for their lives. Mental health is also a large factor for many criminals. If you are truly passionate about this issue I suggest you get involved in a community program, it may open your eyes
Don't waste bandwidth on the facts with the same posters who want to build a prison from a sci-fi movie.
Their are now more prisons than colleges.
The U.S. has more jails than colleges. Here’s a map of where those prisoners live.
Incarceration in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
350px-US_incarceration_timeline-clean.svg.png

If this doesn't mean more people are going crazy...what does?
Your life is in real danger my friend.
No more danger than it's always been.
Your paranoid slip is showing.

One place where all the criminals would be detained and housed. If they riot and kill each other so be it. Locked away behind giant fences and walls with gun turrets everywhere and a mine field between them and civilized people?
If one is not going to change their ways or are just a criminal lunatic then that's where they go. Rehab is for non-criminals. Break the law - pay the consequences. Expulsion - do the crime and do the time.
You obviously have no experience working with troubled youth. Crime is often very cultural and environmental in poor areas that are dominated by gangs. Many children want to get away from the lifestyle but have little to no option on places to go to get away. They often fear for their lives. Mental health is also a large factor for many criminals. If you are truly passionate about this issue I suggest you get involved in a community program, it may open your eyes
Don't waste bandwidth on the facts with the same posters who want to build a prison from a sci-fi movie.

Actually, would prefer to drop them into the Pacific Ocean from 37,000 ft., but that's too much a moral dilemma for you guys.
false , no dilemma at all, realizing you'd be one of the test dummies.

The U.S. justice system had put a 3 strikes law into effect. Obama has softened that for "non -violent" offenders. So we still put killers with killers and lower offences such as "Wall Street" criminals in a laxed jail. Does that help? Of course not. Mentally ill people are mentally ill. Some people are natural born criminals. They just blame other people's acts to influence their own criminal behavior. It's not their fault...ya right.
I teach at a jail sometimes. It is a rehab center where addicts go cold turkey and where out of control bi-polar and psychotic people get back on their meds, and everyone ends up seeming perfectly normal. Until they get out. I've seen it a hundred times. Mental illness and active drug addiction completely change personality.
Drug induced normality is not going to work. Neither will these criminals. Mental birth defects are not reversable at this time. The brain is your brain.
"Drug induced normality" is no different than insulin-induced normality for diabetics. The problem is when the person decides not to take their meds or can't afford them or whatever. There are certainly normal fluctuations which require medication adjustment, but for many "mental illnesses" which walk hand in hand with violent crime, drugs are the answer. You don't know what you're talking about.

Evolution made all of us potential murderers
You are not immune.
So any punishment system you divise should be one you can live with because some day you or someone you know could be part of it.

dude, you really no nothing of what you are talking about... Take my advice and get involved in a community rehabilitation program and see for yourself firsthand what the issues are.
You have been brainwashed. Knowing what I am talking about and reality is what is blurred in your thought process. Just keep trying to cure people who are physically impaired by genetics will never work with drugs and words. It's merely a band aid.

You have been brainwashed. Knowing what I am talking about and reality is what is blurred in your thought process. Just keep trying to cure people who are physically impaired by genetics will never work with drugs and words. It's merely a band aid.
What experience do you have smart guy?
I work with a youth facility that was started by a local judge that helps troubled youth, gets them their degrees, job training and we are working on transitional housing program right now. We have seen first hand kids that want to get out of the life and get killed in their attempt to separate. Furthermore, my girl is a licensed clinical psychiatrist that specializes in child development and works in the school system. My cousin, works as a security guard in a maximum security prison.... Explain how I am brainwashed and how your experience is more realistic than mine.

"Drug induced normality" is no different than insulin-induced normality for diabetics. The problem is when the person decides not to take their meds or can't afford them or whatever. There are certainly normal fluctuations which require medication adjustment, but for many "mental illnesses" which walk hand in hand with violent crime, drugs are the answer. You don't know what you're talking about.
insulin-induced normality for diabetics... there's some objectivity involved when treating people for that, there's no real objectivity to treating people for mental issues because it's all relative to the state of mind of the psychiatrist. essentially, it takes one to know one. that's not necessarily a bad thing, but if at any time the patient says, "no doc, you're wrong" then the psychiatrist is done otherwise it's a situation where the patient is getting abused by the doctor. you might as well be saying calling in a priest to perform an exorcism is the same as curing cancer, but it's not, and if the person who says to the priest, "sorry, but demons are myths, they don't really exist", that's not an invitation to splash more holy water in their face.

I work with a youth facility that was started by a local judge that helps troubled youth, gets them their degrees, job training and we are working on transitional housing program right now. We have seen first hand kids that want to get out of the life and get killed in their attempt to separate. Furthermore, my girl is a licensed clinical psychiatrist that specializes in child development and works in the school system. My cousin, works as a security guard in a maximum security prison.... Explain how I am brainwashed and how your experience is more realistic than mine.
Yes your family is doing good work. Now go walk your dog. You are doing something that actually is doing good for our country. Not all people who have done something uncivilized in public needs to be incarcerated. That's for a judge to determine. And for folks like you to show a person who has done something contrary to law is commendable. The more certificates on your wall will show others what you have accomplished. You can go to sleep tonight knowing there is one less person who may break into your house tonight and murder you in your sleep.

Yes your family is doing good work. Now go walk your dog. You are doing something that actually is doing good for our country. Not all people who have done something uncivilized in public needs to be incarcerated. That's for a judge to determine. And for folks like you to show a person who has done something contrary to law is commendable. The more certificates on your wall will show others what you have accomplished. You can go to sleep tonight knowing there is one less person who may break into your house tonight and murder you in your sleep.
Way to dodge the question... You made a claim that I was brainwashed and proceeded to make a bunch of ignorant claims with no supporting credentials. I'm backing up my statements with experience. Real life stuff. You seem to have nothing but some small minded ideas. Way to go.

Way to dodge the question... You made a claim that I was brainwashed and proceeded to make a bunch of ignorant claims with no supporting credentials. I'm backing up my statements with experience. Real life stuff. You seem to have nothing but some small minded ideas. Way to go.
I'm sorry but for a professional(as you claim to be) your demeaning rhetoric shows you may have psychological hangups of your own. Good day.

I'm sorry but for a professional(as you claim to be) your demeaning rhetoric shows you may have psychological hangups of your own. Good day.
I'm a business owner that volunteers my time with charities, I do have hang ups with people that ignorantly promote decisiveness and lack empathy. Look at the conversation and you'll see that it was YOU that started with the demeaning statements. I was keeping it cordial until you started with the brainwash talk and insults.

I'm a business owner that volunteers my time with charities, I do have hang ups with people that ignorantly promote decisiveness and lack empathy. Look at the conversation and you'll see that it was YOU that started with the demeaning statements. I was keeping it cordial until you started with the brainwash talk and insults.
Again I'm sure there will be a special place for you in heaven when all is said and done. Please keep helping those who cannot help themselves. Your work is needed somewhere, just not here.

Again I'm sure there will be a special place for you in heaven when all is said and done. Please keep helping those who cannot help themselves. Your work is needed somewhere, just not here.
Way to completely abandon any kind of intelligent argument and move on to passive aggressive sarcastic statements. I wish I could say it's been a pleasure debating you but it feels like you laid down your king after the first move. Worst of luck with your extermination experiment.

Way to completely abandon any kind of intelligent argument and move on to passive aggressive sarcastic statements. I wish I could say it's been a pleasure debating you but it feels like you laid down your king after the first move. Worst of luck with your extermination experiment.
It's obvious you are a faker and a hoaxer posing as an intellectual.

Yet I make substantive statements and you post nothing but insults and sarcasm... I think the truth is pretty apparent. Any time you want to make a real point to back up your argument be my guest, but at this point I don't think you're getting out of the hole you dug.

Yet I make substantive statements and you post nothing but insults and sarcasm... I think the truth is pretty apparent. Any time you want to make a real point to back up your argument be my guest, but at this point I don't think you're getting out of the hole you dug.
All one has to do is read your diatribe on here. You bring nothing to the conversation and stray from the topic that was started in this thread. Good luck to you and all your endeavors.

If you are so gifted with turning around criminal gang mentality in children and young adults then I think the government could use you in the fight against terrorism. Who knows you may be a a great healer and leader yet to be discovered by the masses.

If you are so gifted with turning around criminal gang mentality in children and young adults then I think the government could use you in the fight against terrorism. Who knows you may be a a great healer and leader yet to be discovered by the masses.
I never claimed to be gifted in anything, I was simply explaining to you some very real problems that our communities are trying to deal with... I used examples and explained what I was basing my opinions on.... You called me brainwashed and proceeded with an array of insults and sarcastic statements. It's your thread man. Run it however you want

I never claimed to be gifted in anything, I was simply explaining to you some very real problems that our communities are trying to deal with... I used examples and explained what I was basing my opinions on.... You called me brainwashed and proceeded with an array of insults and sarcastic statements. It's your thread man. Run it however you want
So you don't believe in locking criminals up all together in one institution. You believe that a life is worth saving. You believe that incarceration is not the answer. Why?

Forum List

Back