Should All Wisconsin Taxpayers Be Forced To Pay For Recall Election?

Should All Wisconsin Taxpayers Be Forced To Pay For Walker Recall Election?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It is the laws of Wisconsin, it is written and there is no provision on who pays, the criteria to trigger a recall happened and now all Wisconsin pays, if they want to change the law, that is up to the voters of Wisconsin.

I hear ya, but not a good way to get back in the good graces of Wisconsin Taxpayers. I think the Unions/Democrats really blew this one. But we'll see i guess.

At least with Walker and his cutting of spending, the voters can afford the recall, if the Democrats get back in charge, the whole state will go back to deficit spending. Let's hope the state of Wisconsin realizes the accomplishments of this governor and turning a deficit into a surplus.

It is the laws of Wisconsin, it is written and there is no provision on who pays, the criteria to trigger a recall happened and now all Wisconsin pays, if they want to change the law, that is up to the voters of Wisconsin.

I hear ya, but not a good way to get back in the good graces of Wisconsin Taxpayers. I think the Unions/Democrats really blew this one. But we'll see i guess.

I am curious of how many incidents of intimidation we'll hear about today?

Depends on who wins, it depends on who is perceived as doing it. Unions have the green light to intimidate, they have been harassing business owners since this started.

I am curious of how many incidents of intimidation we'll hear about today?

Depends on who wins, it depends on who is perceived as doing it. Unions have the green light to intimidate, they have been harassing business owners since this started.

And as evidenced by trashing the Capitol.

If Walker wins, there will the recount, and then the second recall.

If you'd have taken the time to read the Wisconsin constitution, you'd know that an official who faces recall cannot face recall again during the same term in office.

I think this is a fair & important question. We all know Unions,Democrats, and George Soros are behind the Recall effort against Governor Scott Walker. So should all Wisconsin Taxpayers be forced to fund it?

Of course. That is why a threshold of petitioners has to be met for a recall election to be held.

It's a WI law that all citizens can participate in. If they don't want to pay for it, then they should petition to repeal it.

You misunderstand. The question isn't legal or illegal; it's right or wrong.

Why is it that liberals, when confronted with moral questions, always have to resort back to legalisms?

It's a law. it's on the books. If WI citizens don't want to pay for it, then they should petition to repeal it. Why should one group of people pay for a law that the entire state can participate in?

Why is it that cons, when confronted with facts, always have to resort to emotion?

There's nothing emotional about pointing out that the question is not, and never was, "What is the law on paying for recall elections?" or "Who is going to pay for the recall election?" It was and is "Who SHOULD pay for it?"

The only emotion here is YOU freaking out about being called on your inability to figure out right and wrong without the government to tell you.

So once again, please stop parroting the law at us as though you're sharing some deep insight to which only you are privy. Only idiots and cowards think they can answer "How should things be" with "This is how they are now".

I think this is a fair & important question. We all know Unions,Democrats, and George Soros are behind the Recall effort against Governor Scott Walker. So should all Wisconsin Taxpayers be forced to fund it?

I didn't support the Iraq war but I dam sure had to help pay for it.

National wars and state wide recall elections are apples and oranges.

That being said I'm not sure...i'll have to look into how these types of things are normally funded and maybe if there are laws on the books about funding then get back to you guys.

When you bring a fight to someone's door, don't start whining when you get a beatdown.

When you bring a fight to someone's door, don't start whining when you get a beatdown.

Wrong War, wrong time. Public Unions/Democrats should have worked with Walker. The Taxpayers have had enough. Unions/Democrats miscalculated bigtime on this one. It will likely cost them for many years to come.

Looks like Public Unions/Democrats took a loss on this one. Unfortunatley, Wisconsin Taxpayers did too.

Forum List

Back