*Should *ALL* Children Be Required To Wear A Helmet When Ice Skating?*

chesswarsnow

"SASQUATCH IS WATCHING"
Dec 9, 2007
Fort Worth, Texas
Sorry bout that,

1. I know, you will wonder if I am for the, *Nanny State*.
2. No I am not.
3. But by law children are required to wear helmets when riding bicycles.
4. And in my study more children have head injury's on ice than they do on roadways.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Let's see, according to the health care law an adult just 4 years short of his/her 30th birthday is considered to be a child for insurance purposes. If Taxpayers are going to foot the bill for people up to the age of 26 we should require them to wear helmets while ice skating and to ride in approved car seats.

Yes. it's no different from riding a bicycle, skate board or scooter. If you land hard and hit your head you could do serious damage. My nephew was on his razor scooter and fell cracking the helmet, if that had been his head God only knows what condition he'd have been in.

Last edited:
1. I know, you will wonder if I am for the, *Nanny State*.
2. No I am not.
3. But by law children are required to wear helmets when riding bicycles.
4. And in my study more children have head injury's on ice than they do on roadways.
So is that how you suffered the permanent brain trauma that left you mentally disabled and unable to process rational thought ??

Next thing you know, kids will be required to wear a football helmet from the time they get out of bed until they go back to bed at night.

No one ever complains about having to wear bowling shoes when bowling.
Yet, they're not going to help if you drop the ball on your foot.

yes but you can function normally in society with a broken foot, you can't with severe brain damage.

No one ever complains about having to wear bowling shoes when bowling.
Yet, they're not going to help if you drop the ball on your foot.

A little known fact is that R's brains are so tiny, they fit nicely inside their third toe, right foot.

Seriously, the real facts of life and death are kept so far away from our every day lives that we have no real idea how many people of all ages are sitting in sunny spots in nursing homes with scrambled eggs where their brains used to be.

I've seen many of them - young guys who can't even brush their own teeth because they just had to play high school football, children who will never live outside an institution because their parents didn't think the needed (nanny state) brain buckets, paraplegics/quadriplegics who zigged when they should have zagged - I could write a fucking book about them.

I guess it depends on whether you want your child to grow up, work at a job, fall in love and have children of their own or if you think its just nifty if they are turned into broccoli because, by gawd, you're not gonna let anyone tell you how to raise your kid.

Same with war.. go visit the places where the "basket cases" are kept far from our oh, so, sensitive eyes. Don't know what a "basket case" is? Look it up.

Me?

I want my kids to have whatever degree of protection they can get. Ya never know but what they might find a use for that brain some day.

Forum List

Back