Shooting victim sues ammo companies. Judge says no and hits them w $200,000 court costs

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Do we let highway crash victims sue the car companies every time some speeder or testing driver causes a crash.???

Aurora Shooting Victim Parents Face 200K Court Fees Bankruptcy After Failing to Sue Ammo Dealers
july 29 2015 ---2014, Sandy and Lonnie Phillips, the mother and stepfather of Aurora Theater Shooting victimJessica Redfield Ghawi, tried to sue the ammo companies they believe supplied shooter James Holmes with his ammunition, body armor and other items. They bellieved that the online retailer BulkAmmo.com had sold Holmes more than 4,000 rounds of ammunition, along with The Sportsman’s Guide, with a 100-round magazine and 700 rounds, BTP Arms for two canisters of tear gas, and Bullet Proof Body Armor. This week, the Judge has finally thrown out their legal suit and the parents are facing nearly a quarter of a million dollars in costs.

I think it's sad. They lost a daughter. No sane person should laugh at them.

No one is responsible except the shooter. The attorneys should have convinced them not to sue. Money wasn't or shouldn't be considered a way to alleviate grief.

they will try to throw anything at the courts to get a pay day.

Good for the judge.

No one is responsible except the shooter. The attorneys should have convinced them not to sue. Money wasn't or shouldn't be considered a way to alleviate grief.
I assume the ambulance chasers went after the family to do it

Short of a fire in the warehouse, ammo does not fire itself

Men kill men, not guns and not ammo

Even smart bullets need to be programed by someone.

Stick to the person with the finger on the trigger of the gun that fired

Their attorneys were probably doing this pro-bono. I wonder if this means that THEY have to pony up. :lol:

pro bono? This was a civil suit and i'm sure the lawyers expected the usual 1/3 of any settlement.

It's about time people started paying for their frivolous lawsuits. Being bereaved and in grief is no excuse for predatory behavior.

It's not the ammo company's fault. Hell - Car companies are not held liable for crashes caused by speeders even though car companies sell cars that do twice the speed limit.

It's about time people started paying for their frivolous lawsuits. Being bereaved and in grief is no excuse for predatory behavior.

It's not the ammo company's fault. Hell - Car companies are not held liable for crashes caused by speeders even though car companies sell cars that do twice the speed limit.
So 1/3 of -$200,000 = :lol:

Forum List

Back