Shock Poll of Government Workers

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Slide1-2-1024x576.png

Hunh? Am I reading that right?

Federal-Worker-Poll-1024x840.jpg

Polls don’t thrill me as they often turn out to be so wrong. But, if this is anywhere near accurate, it’s an eyebrow raiser [if you’re not Canadian].

But, no surprise, government-related union bosses are not thrilled by it at all. They’ve already gone to federal court, claiming it violates the First Amendment guaranteed freedom of association. (Where in the constitution does it say that non-members can have union dues withdrawn from their pay checks?)

Last week, Trump signed an executive order instructing agencies to no longer allow union officials to spend more than 25 percent of their work hours on official time, a practice where union federal employees are compensated for performing representational duties. The order also stipulated that unions not be able to use official time to lobby Congress or to represent employees who have filed grievances or are appealing adverse personnel actions.

[snip]

The executive order also said that unions must pay rent for the use of federal office space and that agencies should stop covering official time-related travel expenses.[Emphasis added.]

More @ SHOCK POLL: A Majority of Government Workers SUPPORT Trump's Civil Service Reforms

i can only speak for the post office... and many of them wanted the people who could not carry their routes and always had to have someone go out and help them get done,if not fired at least removed as a carrier....

Forum List

Back