She's starting again!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KarlMarx, Jun 19, 2006.

1. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +490
    This shit just pisses me off.... ok.... here goes....

My distinguished Senator visited the Binghamton area for a ribbon cutting ceremony of a new Lockheed building and I'm sure a chance to get in front of a camera...

Anyway, this lurid piece of journalism pops up on the opinion page of the local newspaper (the only one in town). And sure enough, the unbiased reporter laps up every word of Senator Clinton's like a cat lapping up milk...

and what did Senator Clinton have to say? Why, the 2004 election was stolen!

Here's a quote from the column

Yes, Senator Clinton, "something" did happen, the Democrats lost by a popular majority. That happens in a two party democratic system, sometimes, you lose. I'm sure if she's elected president, she'll help fix that problem....
    But I guess, in their world view, if the Republicans win, it's because of some conspiracy.... I can imagine what they say in private, "how dare they, those plebians, elected US out of office, just who do they think they are? Oh, that's right, they're too stupid to think for themselves, obviously the little darlings have been tricked by the evil Republican Party!"

http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060619/COLUMNISTS04/606190303/1005/

2. red states rule

red states rule Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    These pinheads do not really think the election was stolen

They are loading up to attack the Sec of State Ken Blackwell who is running for Gov of Ohio

You see he has committed the one unforgivable act as far as lib are concerned

He is black and he is a conservative

They are doing the same in Md to Lt Gov Steele.

3. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +490
    Let me tell you something... the article refers to something written by Robert Kennedy Jr.... that's rich

In 1960, his uncle became president, but there were "irregularities" in the voting of certain states.... Nixon didn't fight it.... the 1960 election may have been stolen, too!

4. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,428

Have you read Kennedy's article? I'm not taking a position on it because I've only seen part of it. But have you given it a look?

5. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,428
    May well have been. But what does that have to do with the current issue? Voting irregularities occur with er...regularity. ;)

I even know of one local Surrogate's election where there were no voting machines sent to precints where one particular candidate was favored.

6. red states rule

red states rule Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572

The only people convicted of election fraud in the 04 elections have been DEMOCRATS!!!

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2005/06/guilty-verdict-in-esl-voter-fraud.html
    "Guilty" Verdict in ESL Voter Fraud Trial

The Prosecution told the jury "You cannot hide from the tapes."
    And they didn't!

More on the East St. Louis Vote Fraud Investigations:

Kelvin Ellis, a top administrator at East St. Louis City Hall, was indicted yesterday for plotting to kill a witness in the year long East St. Louis, Illinois federal vote fraud investigation.

...Federal officials made only measured statements at a news conference, and hinted there is more to come from a yearlong investigation. This is "the beginning of a concerted and focused effort to root out public corruption," said Weysan Dun, special agent in charge of the FBI's Springfield, Ill., field office, which has jurisdiction over the Metro East area.

Ellis, 55, who once served a prison term after abusing a city post, is now the director of regulatory affairs, which puts him in charge of housing inspections. He also is a precinct committeeman with close ties to the community's Democratic Party leaders.

The indictments accuse Ellis of trying to have an unidentified witness killed. Court documents say he is a target of an ongoing vote fraud inquiry. He also is accused in a separate indictment of income tax evasion.

The investigation became public last year when more than a dozen subpoenas were delivered to city Democratic Party leaders after the November election.

According to one of Ellis' indictments, the investigation began at least a month earlier. A female witness told agents on Oct. 5 that Ellis, "had committed election fraud and other potential criminal offenses." Ellis learned the same day of the substance of what she had said, the indictment states.

In the following days, Ellis spoke repeatedly with an unidentified person, first discussing plans to discredit the witness, perhaps through a bogus drug sting, court documents say. The indictment includes excerpts of what appear to be recordings of these conversations between Ellis and the other person.

"I want her credibility destroyed," Ellis is reported to have said. She is "trying to destroy us. No telling what she's saying."

As the weeks passed, the conversations turned more sinister, with Ellis saying on Nov. 19, "I want her ... taken out, however we have to do it."

Ellis was convicted in 1990 of extortion. He had been an executive assistant to Mayor Carl E. Officer, officials said, when Ellis stopped work on a nursing home project until its builder steered work to a company Ellis controlled. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 21 months.

The fraud investigations were first reported in the Post Dispatch in early January...

The investigation is limited to 13 absentee votes that were cast from a boardinghouse in East St. Louis. The federal government has declined to talk about its case, but a search warrant issued during an FBI raid at East St. Louis City Hall on Nov. 23 indicates that the reach is much greater. Oliver Hamilton, a Democratic precinct committeeman, owns the boardinghouse, at 1232 Cleveland Avenue, targeted by the investigation.

"This is a wake-up call for East St. Louis," said juror LaMont Reed Jr. of East St. Louis. "I've seen this corruption all my life."

The defendants were found guilty on all counts following a four-week trial in U.S. District Court in East St. Louis.

Four of the defendants -- Jessie Lewis, Sheila Thomas, Yvette Johnson and former city official Kelvin Ellis -- were found guilty of conspiracy to commit election fraud and election fraud. All worked for the Democratic Party during the election last November.

Democratic Party boss and former City Councilman Charlie Powell was found guilty of one count of conspiracy to commit election fraud.

The five were charged with paying voters up to $10 a vote to vote for Democratic candidates during the Nov. 2 general election.

The jury deliberated about five and a half hours before returning the verdicts.

The Federal Court Trial started on June 1, 2005 on the 5 East St. Louis Democrats accused of voter fraud. The East St. Louis Democratic Party was given $67,000 before the November 2nd election to "Get Out the Vote!"

More on the verdict here and here.

This is how the prosecution left the jurors yesterday in the East Louis Voter Fraud Trial.

In closing arguments on Tuesday, the prosecution again went over the evidence presented during the trial including the taped recordings by the federal witnesses and East St. Louis Democratic election workers:

Carr replayed many of the audiotapes the jury had previously heard of conversations Youngblood and McIntosh had with the defendants. Carr used the tapes to support his theory the five defendants conspired to buy votes for $5 and $10 apiece to elect Democrat Mark Kern the St. Clair County Board chairman in the Nov. 2 election.

"But there was a perception in East St. Louis he was racist," said Carr, adding this had upped the price for bringing voters to the polls on Election Day.

Which explains why the St. Clair County Democratic Central Committee sent $79,000 to East St. Louis Democratic precinct committeemen just before the election, Carr said.

"To make sure Mr. Kern was elected -- that's what this conspiracy was about," Carr said. "This was business as usual in East St. Louis on election day."

Kern, the former mayor of Belleville, narrowly won the race for County Board chairman, thanks to winning more than 82 percent of the vote in East St. Louis.

Kern, who has not been charged with a crime, has denied any wrongdoing.

Previous posts on the Democratic Voter Fraud Trial in East St. Louis:
    East St. Louis makes Voter Fraud a Business
    $5 for Non-Racists; Racists are $10
    ESL Prosecution Witness Falters
    Damning Tapes in East St. Louis Voter Fraud Trial
    Witness Grilled at ESL Vote Fraud Trial
    How to Buy Votes at ESL Vote Fraud Trial
    "Showing Appreciation" at ESL Voter Fraud Trial
    Democratic Vote Buyers May Get Pass
    ESL Vote Fraud Trial Gets Nasty
    Ugly Politics, Ugly Trial in ESL
    Closing Arguments Wrap Up in ESL Voter Fraud Trial

7. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +490
    The issue I have is that, just because the Republicans (i.e. Bush) won the election, someone like Hillary Clinton has to imply fraud. There is a thing called "popular mandate", the Democrats lost because they had Mr. Flip Flop for a candidate. They made a lot of mistakes.. that's why they lost the election.

8. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Whatever happened to the Washington Governor fraud case of 04? I mean recounts that gradually get closer and closer to a democrat win then when she does win after the 5th recount you stop counting? On top of that you had reports of about 50,000 dead people voting. :cuckoo:

Never found out what happened there. Maybe ill go look.

9. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,428
    There are a lot of names I could call your guy, too. I figure it's not very condusive to debate, though.

As for "popular mandate" more people voted for Bush and against him than for any other president in history. Speaks to his divisiveness.

But my point was that before you chalk it up to "flip flops" or any of that, you should read the article instead of reading what someone else tells you it's about.

And yes, the dems made a lot of mistakes, allowing Donna Brazile to run Kerry's campaign when she blew Gore's was the biggest one.

Wanna talk flip flops, though? Try this one:

"I want Osama Dead or Alive"
    vs
    "I don't spend much time thinking about him"

10. Dr Grump

Dr Grump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,223
    I find the flip-flop issue weird/funny. People seem to concentrate on the flip-flop as to the whys....