Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl >>> NOT GUILTY.

Who wants "one more"? I don't need it after I handed you your ass. Now go play in traffic, fool.

Then don't answer the questions. Everyone can see that your silence speaks volumes.

And I didn't lie... I merely questioned your assertion and made you provide proof, then accepted something that had nothing to do with Obama's actions.

Everyone can see your evasions to keep from answering my questions , so there is no need for me to even reply to you anymore. Your concession is here for everyone to see, and I'm putting your stupid ass on ignore.

"And I didn't lie...". ;)

"I'm putting your stupid ass on ignore." :)

Last edited:
Oh, and Joe

The instantances you mentioned indicate that the Army is wrong initially in some cases, but they correct that problem when all the facts are finally in.

Just like they did when they changed Bergdahl's status from POW to deserter

Uh, no, they knew they were lying the minute they said it.

They knew that Bergdahl left his post without permission the day he did it. They knew he sent his personal effects home.

THey correct the record when they get caught lying, and the people they try to shut up - members of Bergdahl's platoon, Pat Tillman's brother, the people who actually did some of the torturing - speak up.

Joe

Glad to see that we are in agreement that there is no question that Bergdahl deserted. That means the only issue on the table is the court martial, right?

Joe

Glad to see that we are in agreement that there is no question that Bergdahl deserted. That means the only issue on the table is the court martial, right?

No, not at all. First, I never said he deserted. I said he left his unit without permission. It's not the same thing.

Second, there's the question of whether he was mentally competent enough to appreciate the consequences of his actions.

Third, the only reason you care is because you hate Obama, and just want to piss on anything he does.

Joe

No, not at all. First, I never said he deserted. I said he left his unit without permission. It's not the same thing.

Second, there's the question of whether he was mentally competent enough to appreciate the consequences of his actions.

Third, the only reason you care is because you hate Obama, and just want to piss on anything he does.
Joe, the court will prove the desertion charge easy peasy.

He was mentally competent the night he went walk about.

Yes, obi is yelling because he hates his president.

No, Joe, what I care about is the case. That little tiff with Starkey concerned his refusal to back up his assertions when questioned, even going as far as to try to declare a "win" over something that had nothing to do with Obama's actions as a was to deflect questions he could not (or would not) answer. I had no choice but to consider that a concession, and I'm sure everybody else will agree.

As far as the question of desertion goes, it is defined as leaving one's unit without the intention of returning. The indications are that is the case.
Is Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl a hero or a deserter - CBS News

As far as his mental state goes, that will be up to the court martial to decide.

You would not flail BHO if he had not brought Bergdahl home, Jarlaxle?

You are either delirious or outright lying, little buddy.

I would have preferred Bergdahl had been tried in absentia for desertion, convicted (it's open and shut), and had a Daisy Cutter dropped on his head. Exchanging terrorists for Americans is a HORRIBLE precedent to set. You're projecting again, putz.
Nah, you are flailing again. We could not try him in absentia because we did not have the evidence necessary. You would have flailed the president if he did not bring Bergdahl home. You want both worlds, but the fact is you don't have a home in either.

No, Fakey, you are projecting AGAIN! Yes, I wanted Bergdahl home, but (use your reading finger here) not by releasing five Taliban terrorists!

And they should have been told to take a flying leap.

Actually, no...the 5 SHOULD have been released, but their last meal in custody should have been liberally dosed with amanita phalloides mushrooms.

Yes, I'm wondering how many truck stop hookers you've poisoned with comments like that.

On a serious note, we/ve been fighting the War in Afghanistan for 14 years now. By contrast, World War II only last 6 (only four for the US) and the Civil War only lasted 4. Most americans are not keen on spending any more treasure or blood there, and rightfully so.

So given that, and given the Afghan government wants to negotiate a settlement with the Taliban, wouldn't releasing taliban prisoners, you know, make sense?

Not as much sense as lining the fuckers up and shooting them.

As far as the question of desertion goes, it is defined as leaving one's unit without the intention of returning. The indications are that is the case.

Except according to Bergdahl, his intent was to go to the next Army base and report his unit for what he considered it's problems. Which actually really does make more sense from what we've put together from his writings.

Crazy, yes. But they knew he was crazy when they signed him up.

I don't think he was. Did you read some of his writings. Imagine Templar Kormac on Acid. Then raise it about three more levels of crazy.
Then that may be admissible to determine his mental state. I don't see any doubt about the desertion, though.

Except according to Bergdahl, his intent was to go to the next Army base and report his unit for what he considered it's problems. Which actually really does make more sense from what we've put together from his writings.

Crazy, yes. But they knew he was crazy when they signed him up.

"according to Bergdahl" is all u r running with. Not what most of his unit will testify to.

I don't think he was. Did you read some of his writings. Imagine Templar Kormac on Acid. Then raise it about three more levels of crazy.
Then that may be admissible to determine his mental state. I don't see any doubt about the desertion, though.

Uhhhh... no actually, that has a lot to do with desertion. If he really thought going to the next base and reporting his Sergeants for his imagined abuses was a viable plan, then, no, it wasn't desertion.

Forum List

Back