Serious Times for USA, Serious Election

I am a Catholic myself, smirkinjesus merely points out the hypocrisy of those who claim to follow Jesus’ message but then proceed to act as unchristian as can be. Jesus does not have a party affiliation and Bush’s Jesus is most definitely not the Jesus I know. In fact, of the billion Chrisitans in this world, the vast majority are in shock at what these so called Chrsitians have done. Christianity for some people is merely a label, a category used to divide people. Bush's lord is indeed a Smirking Jesus. Arrogant, bullyish, cruel, warmongering, divisive and ignorant, that is the Smirking Jesus.

smirkinjesus said:
I am a Catholic myself, smirkinjesus merely points out the hypocrisy of those who claim to follow Jesus’ message but then proceed to act as unchristian as can be. Jesus does not have a party affiliation and Bush’s Jesus is most definitely not the Jesus I know. In fact, of the billion Chrisitans in this world, the vast majority are in shock at what these so called Chrsitians have done. Christianity for some people is merely a label, a category used to divide people. Bush's lord is indeed a Smirking Jesus. Arrogant, bullyish, cruel, warmongering, divisive and ignorant, that is the Smirking Jesus.

And what would Kerry's Jesus be? TwoFaced Jesus?

smirkinjesus said:

Actually, I think I've got the smirking Jesus around here...

But more to the point, Bush never claimed to be going to war in Christ's name, although the Islamists claim that he did. Why, then, is the "vast majority" of the world's Christians feelings about the war relevant? And how would you know in the first place? Moreover, now that Saddam is gone, 25 million Iraqis have the chance to be evangelized, which could not have happened under Saddam's rule, since he presecuted Christians.

:laugh: He's more like Hipster Jesus. That's a great picture. I need more of a sneering Jesus, with a little unpturned lip and some teeth showing. Or at least a good smartassed look on his face.

smirkinjesus said:

Only the far left or far right would presume to tell us the opinions of a 'billion' Christians. Moreso to tell us, what Jesus would do. It's one thing for us to ask ourselves that question, before making decisions, a far other for you to 'speak for' Jesus.

BTW are you ever going to answer anyone's points or positions?

gop_jeff said:
Actually, I think I've got the smirking Jesus around here...

But more to the point, Bush never claimed to be going to war in Christ's name, although the Islamists claim that he did. Why, then, is the "vast majority" of the world's Christians feelings about the war relevant? And how would you know in the first place? Moreover, now that Saddam is gone, 25 million Iraqis have the chance to be evangelized, which could not have happened under Saddam's rule, since he presecuted Christians.

Tell me we did not go to war with Iraq so we could spread christianity.

smirkinjesus said:
Come on GOP! What's Bush going to do about Iraq? What is the plan to get our troops out of there? Is he going to bring international support? If so how? How's he going to defeat the insurgents? How much more is it going to cost? What's the plan? What's the exit strategy? He's been living and breathing this thing for a year and a half, he should know better then anyone how to finish the job, so what's the plan? Americans want Iraq to work, let's hear it.

I love to see you lefties get wound up. You've got lots of questions but, like your candidate, you have no answers. The questions you ask are contrivances because you know before you ask them that there are no certain answers.

"What is Bush going to do about Iraq?" Well, that's a rather foolish and open-ended question. What would you have him "do" about Iraq? Since the question is so vague, I'll assume that it was posed for no reason other than oratory.

"What is the plan to get our troops out" Another serving of liberal pablum. How the hell can we have a firm plan to get our troops out while the situation in Iraq is still developing? Obviously the general plan is to withdraw after the country is pacified and a competent civilian government, police force and military is in place.

"Is he going to bring international support?" Well, we have that now. And I have it on good authority that, after Pres. Bush is re-elected he plans to woo the French by appointing kerry as Chirac's buttboy.

"How's he going to defeat the insurgents?" By staying long enough to get the Iraqis in a position to defend themselves.

"How much more is it going to cost?" It will cost whatever it takes. Another formula question. You know damn well that there can be no specific answer, which is why you asked the question to begin with. If someone tries to get specific, it's easy to shoot down the answer with more of your "what if" questions.

"What's the plan? What's the exit strategy?" The plan and exit strategy should be obvious. Again, it is to equip and train Iraqis to a level where they are competent to defend themselves against Al-Qaeda and other terrorist organizations. Once that is done, we can withdraw.

What is really disgusting is that the Democratic party is populated by drones like you who seek only to criticize. You have no idea what you would have done differently - and don't start with that tired old crap about giving the inspectors more time or building a European coalition. One would have been counter-productive and the other an exercise in futility. Like your candidate, you deal in amorphous platitudes promising that "things will get better" if that lacquered corpse of your's gets elected. Kerry's acceptance speech contained no specifics. He blathered on for 46 minutes and said essentially nothing. What is REALLY sad is that there are people like you who will swallow that crap and swear by it.

DKSuddeth said:
then why would people whine and cry about Islam over here?

Ummmm. . . . . Because there are no Baptists driving truck bombs around this country?

Just a guess.

DKSuddeth said:
then why would people whine and cry about Islam over here?

I don't whine about Islam over here... but I do whine (complain is more the word, I think) about terrorism, in the name of Islam, white supremacy, a free Ireland, whatever.

Merlin1047 said:
Ummmm. . . . . Because there are no Baptists driving truck bombs around this country?

Just a guess.

unless they are anti-abortion folks I guess. but seriously, there are way more peacable muslims than there are terrorist muslims, don't you think?

DKSuddeth said:
unless they are anti-abortion folks I guess. but seriously, there are way more peacable muslims than there are terrorist muslims, don't you think?

I honestly don't know the answer to that any more. Wish I could agree, but there is insufficient evidence to convince me.

gop_jeff said:
Of course not. But the reality is that many Christian groups are now mobilizing to spread the gospel in Iraq.

Yeah, I met a missionary who went to Iraq less than a month after Bush declared an end to the major fighting, and get this...he HITCHIKED from Amman to Baghdad.

smirkinjesus said:
America faces some vitally important issues in today’s world. I’m sorry, but I just don’t get the GOP. All you have to offer is a funny picture of Kerry in a NASA suit. “Vote for Bush because we have a funny picture of Kerry!” If the best the GOP can do is run cheesy negative ads against Kerry and use the old “He’s too Liberal” BS that you’ve used for the last 12 years, that ain’t gonna cut it. This is a serious time for America, and Americans are not going to accept trite crap over real debate this time. If this is the best the GOP can do, they need to seriously think about what they have to offer the American people.
Not quite a GOP 'trick':

NASA defends photos of Kerry during his tour of space center

BY JOHN KELLY
FLORIDA TODAY

CAPE CANAVERAL-- There was no "dirty trick" behind the photographs of Sen. John Kerry wearing the blue anti-contamination suit while touring the shuttle Discovery on Monday.
As political pundits and comedians pounced on the pictures of Kerry in what outsiders might deem a goofy-looking costume, the senator's campaign aides alleged the pictures were not supposed to be released publicly.

Not true, said NASA. Government photographers routinely snap pictures of visiting dignitaries.

Kerry's group more than qualified as dignitaries: four U.S. senators, two of whom were former astronauts, John Glenn and Bill Nelson. NASA often posts such pictures on its Internet sites for the public and reporters.

Furthermore, NASA spokesman Bill Johnson said the Kerry campaign asked that the pictures be taken of the senator's unusually up-close tour of the Discovery and that processing be expedited so reporters could have them.

The pictures have prompted chuckles and jokes among political pundits covering the Democratic National Convention in Boston because, to people unfamiliar with shuttle operations, the head-to-toe light-blue suits look goofy.

However, astronauts, workers or anyone else getting inside a shuttle or near other spacecraft and rockets being readied for launch wears such coveralls to protect the delicate vehicles from contamination.

Kerry was not alone in costume Monday. Senators Glenn, Nelson and Bob Graham wore them as well because they required garb for the foursome's incredibly rare opportunity to climb inside a shuttle. Discovery is the orbiter that will fly the first mission since the Columbia disaster last year.

Contact Kelly at (321) 242-3660 or [email protected]

Kerry hit a home run last night, you can deny it until you turn blue, but he took control of the Democratic Party last night and he had a strong message. TV ads ain’t gonna win the election for Bush this time, he’s gonna have to earn it. So you better stop trying to blast Kerry with silly pictures and trash talk, and you better come up with a real plan, not just slogans. Otherwise you are in serious trouble.

Don't need to follow the DONKS on this, there are results to speak of:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showpost.php?p=133766&postcount=1

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Bush, I don't hate the GOP. I just don't see the old GOP anymore, I see a party of division. Clinton was absolutely right when he said, "They need a divided America. We do not." GOP better change that perception real quick.

Ah, but you already have a past :dev1: that says different:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?p=133597#post133597

smirkinjesus said:
Come on GOP! What's Bush going to do about Iraq? What is the plan to get our troops out of there? Is he going to bring international support? If so how? How's he going to defeat the insurgents? How much more is it going to cost? What's the plan? What's the exit strategy? He's been living and breathing this thing for a year and a half, he should know better then anyone how to finish the job, so what's the plan? Americans want Iraq to work, let's hear it.

Why do you want our troops to run away so much? They have a job to do. They have done a great job at it already. Iraq is a stategic location in the Middle East. I would suggest we pull out of Germany and Japan first, we have been there alot longer.

DKSuddeth said:

I don't know the numbers on the muslims, but I'm quite sure there are more anti-abortion people who don't do things like drive trucks into buildings than there are extremists who do. Just the same as there are animal rights activists that don't throw blood on someone because they are wearing a leather jacket.

and it really is funny:

kerry_suit.jpg

Kerry in a sperm suit. Courtesy the Politburo Diktat

Forum List

Back