Serious Times for USA, Serious Election

Discussion in 'Politics' started by smirkinjesus, Jul 30, 2004.

1. smirkinjesus

smirkinjesus Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    America faces some vitally important issues in today’s world. I’m sorry, but I just don’t get the GOP. All you have to offer is a funny picture of Kerry in a NASA suit. “Vote for Bush because we have a funny picture of Kerry!” If the best the GOP can do is run cheesy negative ads against Kerry and use the old “He’s too Liberal” BS that you’ve used for the last 12 years, that ain’t gonna cut it. This is a serious time for America, and Americans are not going to accept trite crap over real debate this time. If this is the best the GOP can do, they need to seriously think about what they have to offer the American people. Kerry hit a home run last night, you can deny it until you turn blue, but he took control of the Democratic Party last night and he had a strong message. TV ads ain’t gonna win the election for Bush this time, he’s gonna have to earn it. So you better stop trying to blast Kerry with silly pictures and trash talk, and you better come up with a real plan, not just slogans. Otherwise you are in serious trouble.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Bush, I don't hate the GOP. I just don't see the old GOP anymore, I see a party of division. Clinton was absolutely right when he said, "They need a divided America. We do not." GOP better change that perception real quick.

2. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    and the "new" Democratic party offers more in what way...?

3. smirkinjesus

smirkinjesus Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    They offer a full populist message that the GOP neglects.
    "We are going to stop the outsourcing of your jobs." --This one's a biggie!
    "We are going to give you tax breaks for college tuition."
    "We are going to bring in alliances to help out in Iraq."
    "We are going to bring affordable healthcare to all Americans."
    "We are going to bring back fiscal discipline, reduce the deficit."
    it goes on and on.

It's a powerful, positive, solid message that will resonate with Americans.

I have the feeling Bush's convention will be loaded with 9-11 and keeping America safe from terror. That's fine, but he's gonna have to really put on a great show and even better debates if he's going to compete.

4. Moi

Moi Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    It's a powerful, solid message with absolutly no foundation or support that it will work. To whit:

"We are going to stop the outsourcing of your jobs." --This one's a biggie!

and how are they going to do that with the high cost of doing business in this country due to unions and artificially high wages, insurance costs, fraud, tariffs, lawsuits, etc.???? The cost of doing business is too high compared to the cost to do it elsewhere. I have seen no evidence from the Democratic party that they are willing to do what is necessary in order to bridge that gap.

"We are going to give you tax breaks for college tuition."

To whom??? To those who've already received the larges tax breaks in history- even those that pay none? The Democrats will not be able to enact better tax legislation for the majority of those who pay taxes. Personally, until they decide to equalize how taxes are decided in this country, their rants will fall on my deaf ears.

"We are going to bring in alliances to help out in Iraq."

Good idea- once again subjugate the nation's defense to outside people; people with absolutely no experience or expertise in defending a nation.

"We are going to bring affordable healthcare to all Americans."

Didn't work for Clinton and it won't work now. Health care is expensive for a host of reason, none the least of which is that FRAUD is rampant. Therefore, by providing it on the backs of those of us who work for living...no thank you.

"We are going to bring back fiscal discipline, reduce the deficit."

Fiscal discipline how? Are they going to end welfare? End Social Security? End illegal immigration and thus illegal benefits? End medicare/medicaid? End donating money to foreign countries? End federal spending on education? End federal spending on Planned Parenthood? The fact is that the items I am willing to cut are not the ones the Democrats are suggesting cutting. They will just weaken the nation.

5. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Except I do not want nor do I vote for a "show". What I want and what I vote for are substance.

You also made an assumption that I am a Bush supporter, which I am not. But then again, you folks on the left are so focused in your hatred of Bush, you cannot think of anything else.

6. smirkinjesus

smirkinjesus Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Go to http://www.georgewbush.com/
    The official George Bush website. Tell me if you see substance there. I think its downright sad.

7. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    :read:

8. smirkinjesus

smirkinjesus Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, if you don't support Bush, you could vote for Kerry or even Nader or you could choose to not vote at all. Many people are disgusted with bolth parties as there really seems to be no difference between the two. I haven't voted for President since I voted for Ross Perot in 1992. I will be voting this time, and Kerry has my vote.

9. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Flip-flop - why am I not surprised :rolleyes:

10. smirkinjesus

smirkinjesus Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Slogans, that's the best you can do, that's why you will lose.