Serious Questions

The only religious revelation that counts is personal revelation. Just "believing" based on "hear say" is without depth.
Not necessarily true. The Omni present spirit is not contained to one single person or group and can relay the same thoughts and emotions through a body or group at any given time in space. The growth of each in the Spirit can be accelerated or decelerated depending on the needs, the acts, etc. of each individual or a group at any given time that fits within the realm of the set nature of a Man (both male and female).

I have had many instances where a need was present, thought about and considered how could it be fulfilled and that same need filled within a day.

I have also received messages over the years from total strangers I had never personally met. An example of that was from a street preacher that came into a chat room where I was frequently. He wanted to share visions he had and no one seemed to want to chat with him or say, "Yes please do". So of course I did. He described his visions in detail to me. He was looking for answers for more understanding of what he had seen. He understood one of the visions but not the other as it didn't fit his life or situation. I did not fully comprehend the one until years later when I discovered something we had been fully unaware of.

I didn't/don't want to hi jack this thread- America Founded as a Christian Nation

But I got to thinking about something that is pertinent I think. If indeed the above is the case, shouldn't it also be blamed for the failure?

And please don't add insult to injury by saying man failed christianity. As with anything, if it's worthy of embracing, or achieving, it must be easily recognizable as such. STOP! I didn't say easy to achieve. I said easily recognizable as such. Yet, here we are some 200+ years gone by and where are we? The worthiness of the actions of this nation are absolutely preposterously evil. It operated on Double Standards along with, like religion, christianity, specifically in our case, to divide people and group them accordingly. Not only do we do it domestically we do it abroad. Allies/tools or enemies.

So, shouldn't christianity also take the blame for the failure of the alleged free people of the world?
Christianity is not really a thing, and can't take the blame for anything. All of this crap.is the fault of human beings.

The point about Jesus was that the very person upon whom a religion has (or religions have been, if we take "Christian" in certain ways) based can only be quoted as emphasizing individual responsibility. It was not an attempt to ascribe anything else to Jesus. That's up to each person who comes upon the subject.
It should be obvious that if 'God' exists, it would be inherently impossible to contain and define such a One with man's mere words and thoughts. The absolutely very most that could ever be expressed would be metaphors, even if the speaker/thinker didn't realize that.
The only intellectually honest thing any thinker can say is that there is too much we don't know to be too certain about what we think we know.
You think?

I didn't/don't want to hi jack this thread- America Founded as a Christian Nation

But I got to thinking about something that is pertinent I think. If indeed the above is the case, shouldn't it also be blamed for the failure?

And please don't add insult to injury by saying man failed christianity. As with anything, if it's worthy of embracing, or achieving, it must be easily recognizable as such. STOP! I didn't say easy to achieve. I said easily recognizable as such. Yet, here we are some 200+ years gone by and where are we? The worthiness of the actions of this nation are absolutely preposterously evil. It operated on Double Standards along with, like religion, christianity, specifically in our case, to divide people and group them accordingly. Not only do we do it domestically we do it abroad. Allies/tools or enemies.

So, shouldn't christianity also take the blame for the failure of the alleged free people of the world?
You make the mistake of confusing Christianity with a sovereign nation.

Christ said that his kingdom was not of this world, for if it was, his apostles would have raised arms to free him before going to the cross.

America was unique in that it had become a gathering place of people seeking religious freedom from the state that had subverted faith by trying to control the pulpit. And from this culture heavily inspired by a very religious people, the Founding Fathers arose to write the Constitution. What is worth noting is the prophesy Ben Franklin gave regarding the Constitution. He said that for a number of years it will be followed until the morality fiber of the nation wanes and becomes so corrupt that the Constitution will simply be ignored. He then went on to say that for such an amoral people, only a totalitarian despot will be able to govern them since all of their freedoms would be used to inflict harm upon society. Although Ben did not consider himself a "Christian" per say, he recognized the importance of religion in maintaining a moral society so that man could be free. In fact, only a moral society can be free.

And looking at how the Bible portrays human nature, and how history portrays it, he was spot on. The vast majority of men who have walked the earth have either been a slave or some dolt fighting and dying for their cookie cutter despot. That is really the reality of human existence and the human condition.

Last edited:
Given the emphasis on church attendance and by extension doing 'good works' via them, like the social support network so critical to early Christianity, good luck with all that libertoon 'Individualist' rubbish and whining about' I'm not getting my own way so I'm leaving' nonsense. Churches are the rock, regardless of whether or not one always agrees all the time with their fellow church members. While the NT encourages sociopaths and halfwits with high self-esteem to run away and be hermits, and good riddance, the orthodoxy remains at its core a highly social phenomenon.

the first amendment was due to religious tyranny not an embrace for its attendance. the u s was the first country that set out to put a barrier between religious cults and the general welfare. as best it could in the time period established that seems little different today as then.

The first "Christian" congregations were totally voluntary and communal. It worked very well and as a result "Christianity" survived until being destroyed through "success"; i.e., being made a state religion of an empire. That is when authoritarianism and individual prestige of 'leaders' imposed itself. Europe continued this in a highly repressive, essentially non-Christian manner for centuries. Those who formed the U.S. Constitution were well read and fully aware of this grievous affront to liberty and conscience. They sought to eliminate the possibility. It was a laudable effort.

Two points; the thread you referenced made no judgement on the merits of Christianity; only that it was founded in accordance with Christian values.

Secondly, your belief that the worthiness of the actions of this nation are absolutely preposterously evil is ill informed and diametrically opposed to reality.

Forum List

Back