Senior US officials: Trump is ready to shut down his own government if he doesn’t get border wall fu

brummelben

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2016
Secretary of Homeland Security John Kelly suggested on Sunday that President Donald Trump would force his own government to shut down if Congress refuses to give him the funds needed to build a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border.

During an interview on CNN, host Dana Bash noted that the government would begin shutting down on Friday if a stop-gap spending measure was not passed by Congress and signed into law by the president.

• Banned
Secretary of Homeland Security John Kelly suggested on Sunday that President Donald Trump would force his own government to shut down if Congress refuses to give him the funds needed to build a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border.

During an interview on CNN, host Dana Bash noted that the government would begin shutting down on Friday if a stop-gap spending measure was not passed by Congress and signed into law by the president.

“Will the president go to the mat and insist on funding his border wall as part of the stop-gap funding measure?” Bash wondered.

“The president has been pretty straightforward about his desire and the need for a border wall,” Kelly replied. “He’ll do the right thing for sure but I will suspect he will be insistent on the funding.”

As the Independent pointed out on Sunday, Kelly was not the only Trump administration official who hinted that the president was ready to allow the government to run out of money.

Report Advertisement
Attorney General Jeff Sessions told ABC News that the wall would be paid for “one way or another.”

• Banned
I am embarrassed for the Left. This kid thinks he is being smart. Obama didn't get his way so he shut it all down.....Trump doing the very same thing and it is "bad".
When did Obama shut down the government?

LOL. You're dismissed because you are a kid.
That was Congress, you pathetic idiot. As it is there is not a republican member of Congress in CA, AZ,TX or NM would would vote for a wall

DEMOCRATS ARE READY TO SHUT DOWN

Government rather than do something to stem the Invasion of Illegal Immigrants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Banned
DEMOCRATS ARE READY TO SHUT DOWN

Government rather than do something to stem the Invasion of Illegal Immigrants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is no invasion, never has been, just right wing scare tactics that have failed

. Why do the shills post lie after lie after lie? Never any proof of anything, ever. What is the point of all this constant false crap?

Donald Trump promised that Mexico would pay for his wall. Is he not a man of his word?
Tell us what Trump is doing, don't make up crap, tell us what you saw with your own eyes.

Donald Trump promised that Mexico would pay for his wall. Is he not a man of his word?
Tell us what Trump is doing, don't make up crap, tell us what you saw with your own eyes.
He plans to shut down government unless he gets funding for his wall, which will never happen. Now why did you lie about Obama shutting down government?

Good

Sent from my SM-G935P using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Good

Thats a great way to win friends and influence people, by putting hundreds of thousands of people out of work

I am embarrassed for the Left. This kid thinks he is being smart. Obama didn't get his way so he shut it all down.....Trump doing the very same thing and it is "bad".
And you are a liar. The GOP Congress did that. And now, since the GOP has the House, Senate, and Executive, if the government is shut down, it will fall purely on the GOP.

And you are a liar. The GOP Congress did that. And now, since the GOP has the House, Senate, and Executive, if the government is shut down, it will fall purely on the GOP.
No it will fall on the democrats. They are all criminals.

So when Obama refused to sign the budget that Congress passed, it was Congresses fault, but when Trump does the exat same thing it's his fault?

(smile) You have your facts wrong old man.

So when Obama refused to sign the budget that Congress passed, it was Congresses fault, but when Trump does the exat same thing it's his fault?

You're asking the wrong guy, that's my point entirely.

Forum List

Back